Memorial Day REPORT

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

GSKI
Powderhound

Memorial Day REPORT

Post by GSKI »

SICK ripping mogul day! Hatter was on FIRE! Perfect weekend to call it...unless its sunny next. Great classic tailgate with the Zoners and of course Captain Jack and the 802 bus offered up the goods for the crowd. The flat ice days came and I became and ice skier the powder days came and I became a powder skier the tree days came and I became a tree skier and the huge troughed out sunny spring bump days came and I became a mogul skier.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Memorial Day REPORT

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Another great day of spring skiing at K. Blue skies and sun out. The headwall showing some rocks already and so is the top right part of Preston's Pitch. Lots of moguls to play with although some of them have ice in the throughs. We will see what is left for next weekend. We may be walk on and walk off the lift by next weekend. Rumor has it that they won't open on Friday. I hope that is not the case. Great party below Superstar and lots of action at the UBar too.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Good Times out there yesterday....Got out for the five most important runs of the day and boy were they good ones...some of the best bashing of the year during that last hour or so of the weekend...small crowd stuck around up to close the lift down just in case, but most everyone feels that june 1 is in the bag given the current coverage...

Ski ya'all on the first!!!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Memorial Day was the best of the four days; softer bumps, more consistent bump lines, less people, perfect weather and just enough wind to keep the bugs away. Looking forward to skiing with you all next weekend.

SNOW REPORTER'S UPDATE
Our string of good weather continued today with bluebird skies and highs in the 70's. If you joined us for our tri-sport weekend, you know the warm weather all weekend melted some snow on Superstar, but the coverage is still excellent—we had another day of uninterrupted top-to-bottom skiing and riding.

Next weekend, we plan to return with more skiing and riding. The hope is that the warm and rainy mid-week weather doesn't damage the snow cover so much that we can't operate. Given current conditions, we're optimistic, but as the week progresses we'll update skiers and riders with the operating schedule right here.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Another epic weekend with the zone!

GIS campsite location perfect each day.

Saw lots of great peeps out there and the skiing was better than expected.

We can only hope that closing day will be as good as last year!
Attachments
4113C5C1-E775-4152-BA23-798FE3ED484A.jpeg
4113C5C1-E775-4152-BA23-798FE3ED484A.jpeg (169.59 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

anybody here lose a blue icebreaker merino wool hoodie? Picked it up at the end of monday when we broke down camp...will bring back next time the lift spins...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

day 4 of 4 already?!?

another beauty
Attachments
image.png
image.png (765.58 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
parting shot...snowpack looking damn good
parting shot...snowpack looking damn good
image.png (1.99 MiB) Viewed 1043 times
image.png
image.png (1.7 MiB) Viewed 1048 times
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

madhatter wrote:anybody here lose a blue icebreaker merino wool hoodie? Picked it up at the end of monday when we broke down camp...will bring back next time the lift spins...
Buttah will be happy to get his hoodie back. Have Southside Bobby's chair and other abandoned drugs, tongs, etc. Any beer was used to wash down all the pork products.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
madhatter wrote:anybody here lose a blue icebreaker merino wool hoodie? Picked it up at the end of monday when we broke down camp...will bring back next time the lift spins...
Buttah will be happy to get his hoodie back. Have Southside Bobby's chair and other abandoned drugs, tongs, etc. Any beer was used to wash down all the pork products.
I'll bring it with me... :Toast
mach es sehr schnell

liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Impressions from Memorial Day Weekend.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Okay so you found something and want to return it. Butt, First I don't like hoodies. I have two and they are warm with the hood on neck.

Seriously "a blue icebreaker merino wool..." :shock:

I challenge you to a ski-off last week of December 2019ish at a neutral mountain, meaning not Pico, K and those.
Icebreaker is the brand. I don't like wool because it's itchy. (unless it has a turtle fur liner).

:dislike
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

freeski wrote:
Okay so you found something and want to return it. Butt, First I don't like hoodies. I have two and they are warm with the hood on neck.

I challenge you to a ski-off last week of December 2019ish at a neutral mountain, meaning not Pico, K and those.
Icebreaker is the brand. I don't like wool because it's itchy. (unless it has a turtle fur liner).

No worry the owner is another woodchuck from Hampshire.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Great 4 days! WOW!
buttahflake
Beginner On Rentals

Post by buttahflake »

freeski wrote:

Yep, seriously it’s a blue Icebreaker merino hoodie. My favorite piece of clothing. Also, merino is the non-scratchy wool, wears like cotton, but it’s not. Nature’s original high tech material. Ski off? Count me in, anytime anywhere, bring it! Or let’s not wait, see you in the zipper line this Saturday.
Thanks for the hospitality this spring Kzoners! It’s been fun as hell.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

buttahflake wrote:
freeski wrote:

Yep, seriously it’s a blue Icebreaker merino hoodie. My favorite piece of clothing. Also, merino is the non-scratchy wool, wears like cotton, but it’s not. Nature’s original high tech material. Ski off? Count me in, anytime anywhere, bring it! Or let’s not wait, see you in the zipper line this Saturday.
Thanks for the hospitality this spring Kzoners! It’s been fun as hell.
I'll have your "blue Icebreaker merino hoodie" at the hill on saturday but be forewarned I don't show up til at least 2pm...
mach es sehr schnell