North Ridge Quad

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Big Bob
Postinator

Re: North Ridge Quad

Post by Big Bob »

For those of you on Facebook, a picture is worth a thousand words.

https://www.facebook.com/35714238138/ph ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Big Bob wrote:For those of you on Facebook, a picture is worth a thousand words.

https://www.facebook.com/35714238138/ph ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

madhatter wrote:
Big Bob wrote:For those of you on Facebook, a picture is worth a thousand words.

:like
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Still not much space for the corral, butt I guess it's really only an issue for a week or two...
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Even a 15 ft widening of Killink for the last 150ft would have been a big improvement.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

madhatter wrote:

Interesting to note that seems like a non-tensioning lower terminal, which I believe is unique at Killington. SRT, SRQ, BQ, CQ, SDT are all bottom tension/top drive. As was the North Ridge Triple, so this new lift should have a very noticeably smaller length and width lower terminal footprint, where it was always a tight fit before. :like

If it is a tension terminal, it's hydraulic style which is still much smaller than the counterweight style they have on the other lifts mentioned. Hard to tell for sure from the ultra blurry picture.

Hopefully the short time in terminal and chair spacing don't cause loading problems. That looks like an awful lot of chairs for such a small lift. :shock:
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

South Ridge is top drive and tension. While the bottom is a tension terminal from Yan, it has been welded in place. Tensioning is at the Alpha drive up top. This is the same as new North Ridge, but with a Poma return instead of a Yan return. Alpha terminals are always combined drive/tension. The other top drive fixed grips are all tensioned at the bottom.

The smaller footprint of the new terminal will allow more space for queueing and improve skier flow around the lift. I'm also happy the lift has foot rests which will be helpful for resting those early season sore legs.

The chairs will be spaced 45 feet apart. The line speed is 450 feet per minute for a 6 second loading interval and 2400/hr capacity. The triple ran the same loading interval, but ran at only 400 feet per minute with 40 foot spacing. While the triple chairs were tight and difficult to load with 3 people, causing stops and slow downs, the quad chairs will fit 4 adults spaciously. This will allow for higher loading efficiency, more capacity, and shorter wait times.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

More pics on GMCS
lower 1a.jpg
lower 1a.jpg (105.3 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
skixc2
Black Carver

Post by skixc2 »

Forget all this technical junk; hooray for footrests!! Although the shortest chairlift on the mountain isn't the one I would have wanted them for...
Raise 'Em Jay
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

[quote="skixc2" hooray for footrests!!

https://youtu.be/0zeCG8_zPpQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where is Happy Hour ?
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

The foot rests will certainly be nice for typical early season sore legs. I wonder if they have spliced the haulrope since the last pictures were taken.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Misc pics from a friend of mine...
Attachments
NRQ Loading Area.jpg
NRQ Loading Area.jpg (73.25 KiB) Viewed 702 times
View from the Stairs 2.jpg
View from the Stairs 2.jpg (91.46 KiB) Viewed 702 times
View from the Stairs 1.jpg
View from the Stairs 1.jpg (116.65 KiB) Viewed 702 times
Nice Quads.jpg
Nice Quads.jpg (97.52 KiB) Viewed 702 times
Guns on SS.jpg
Guns on SS.jpg (173.35 KiB) Viewed 702 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

On the webcam you can see the chair pile at the bottom has shrunk. I think that means they have begun hanging chairs.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I hope some of you are riding those chairs within the next 2 or 3 weeks!
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

that's a lil hopeful
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis