What book are you currently reading?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dickc
Postaholic

Re: What book are you currently reading?

Post by Dickc »

Done with Steven King's "End of Watch"

Now onto

Its pretty interesting.
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

freeski wrote:That's a very fluffy dog. I read somewhere (wish I could credit and quote) that when you get a puppy they are like child like- youth, curious no fear. Then they grow up fast and eventually pass you in maturity. When they are old the dog looks at you like an old wise person looks at a younger one.
:like :like
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

freeski wrote:That's a very fluffy dog. I read somewhere (wish I could credit and quote) that when you get a puppy they are like child like- youth, curious no fear. Then they grow up fast and eventually pass you in maturity. When they are old the dog looks at you like an old wise person looks at a younger one.
Did you see the movie "A Dogs Life"? Makes you wonder about afterlife, even of pets. NH poet Robert Frost said that dogs will be in heaven a half hour before we know it.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Did you see the movie "A Dogs Life"? Makes you wonder about afterlife, even of pets. NH poet Robert Frost said that dogs will be in heaven a half hour before we know it.
A Dog's Life or A Dog's Purpose? I just finished reading the latter. Not enough tissues...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
A Dog's Life or A Dog's Purpose? I just finished reading the latter. Not enough tissues...
I couldn't take the thought yet of reading A Dog's Purpose... The fluff head was my first dog as an adult - though Mr Killy had several when we first met. He (my dog) wormed his way into my heart with his need for help - and we rescued him from a pretty bad situation. We only had him for 5 and half years, but they were the best 5 and half years of his life, and I know he was grateful. He told me with his eyes on a daily basis. (You had to pull the fur back from his schnoz to see the eyes...)

If I ever get over losing him, then maybe I'll read that book. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

killyfan wrote:
Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
I couldn't take the thought yet of reading A Dog's Purpose... The fluff head was my first dog as an adult - though Mr Killy had several when we first met. He (my dog) wormed his way into my heart with his need for help - and we rescued him from a pretty bad situation. We only had him for 5 and half years, but they were the best 5 and half years of his life, and I know he was grateful. He told me with his eyes on a daily basis. (You had to pull the fur back from his schnoz to see the eyes...)

If I ever get over losing him, then maybe I'll read that book. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Today is five months to the day that we had to say goodbye to Jazzy so reading A Dog's Purpose was hard. Still planning on watching the movie but maybe not for another couple of weeks.

Moving on now to something completely different - Rickey & Robinson by Roger Kahn - about Branch Rickey, Jackie Robinson, and the integration of baseball.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

On my 4th Lab with many German Shepards in the middle. The deal going in is a tough goodbye.

It's worth it every time.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Neil Young - Old King

"Old King"

"King went a-runnin' after deer
Wasn't scared of jumpin'
off the truck in high gear
King went a-sniffin'
and he would go
Was the best old hound dog
I ever did know.

I had a dog and his name was King
I told the dog about everything
There in my truck the dog and I
Then one day the King up and died.

Then I thought about
the times we had
Once when I kicked him
when he was bad
Old King sure meant a lot to me
But that hound dog is history.

King went a-runnin' after deer
Wasn't scared of jumpin'
off the truck in high gear
King went a-sniffin'
and he would go
Was the best old hound dog
I ever did know.

That old King was a friend of mine
Never knew a dog
that was half as fine
I may find one, you never do know
'Cause I still got a long way to go."
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
K42
Green Skidder

Post by K42 »

50 shades of gray. Such a good book, my kids love it.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

K42 wrote:50 shades of gray. Such a good book, my kids love it.
Are you talking about this book?

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

tyrolean_skier wrote:

Jets are warming up on the flight deck. :wink:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

GnarDawg
Green Skidder

Post by GnarDawg »

I've been reading The Outlander series also. Very good but very long.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Bubba wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:

I was going to tell K42 that I did not think it was worth reading the whole series.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:

I was going to tell K42 that I did not think it was worth reading the whole series.
Especially to his kids. :lol:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

a classic for sure...but the dialogue is hard for me to follow due to the complexity....

pretty sure one those boys just realized he identifies as a girl...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....