Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: We Will Get By, We Will Survive!!!!

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:
RENO wrote:
SkiDork wrote:Never saw a dead show, always thought about going. Too late.
Never been to a show either. Most of the music is too boring and doesn't do anything for me.

But the partying would've been fun! :lol:

If you'd actually have been do a show, you wouldn't say it's boring.
And, how would you know this? You can actually remember the show and what went on? :wink: I was to young for such things as Woodstock and Dead shows. By the time I was old enough to care I had stripes on my sleeves. Not many good concerts going on in Cheyenne.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
RENO wrote:
Never been to a show either. Most of the music is too boring and doesn't do anything for me.

I dunno, I saw the dead in 82 hfd, ct. BORING, all 3 of us that went fell asleep during it... These days I have a little more appreciation for the music than I did back then, but I was never "into" the dead in any case...
guess like anything else but perhaps more so in this case, you either "get" it or you don't. brought friends a number of times who just didn't get it and on more than one occasion couldn't wait for the show to end. and of course as anyone who "gets" it knows, it wasn't really a "show" in the traditional sense - more like a musical environment ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Having been to a number of GD shows, they were always great...except for "Space" drum solos. Those always bored to death.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:Having been to a number of GD shows, they were always great...except for "Space" drum solos. Those always bored to death.
brings to my mind a show when my sister brought one of her best friends (maybe not after this show). it happened to be the night when jazz saxophonist david murray sat in most of the night. he's considered a very "outside" avant-garde, free player. anyway, during a very extended space, she apparently left the garden in tears.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
hollywood
Black Carver

Post by hollywood »

skiadikt wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
RENO wrote:

I dunno, I saw the dead in 82 hfd, ct. BORING, all 3 of us that went fell asleep during it... These days I have a little more appreciation for the music than I did back then, but I was never "into" the dead in any case...
guess like anything else but perhaps more so in this case, you either "get" it or you don't. brought friends a number of times who just didn't get it and on more than one occasion couldn't wait for the show to end. and of course as anyone who "gets" it knows, it wasn't really a "show" in the traditional sense - more like a musical environment ...
Here's Jerry summing it up as only he could.....

“We're like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice.”

― Jerry Garcia
Happy hour's come and gone -
much too short and much too long
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

Always a hoot
Ron Paul 2012
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

Gittin' by n' surviven' still
Ron Paul 2012
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Every silver lining's got a touch of grey.
New country talent arrives to jam with Jerry tonight.
Twenty two years gone.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Every silver lining's got a touch of grey.
New country talent arrives to jam with Jerry tonight.
Twenty two years gone.
always reminds me of my first harley, an 883 sportster I bought about the time this came out...I only had it for a few mos before I traded it in for a heritage...not even sure there's a single pic of it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Jerry Garcia is still dead. Get over it. Saw them a bunch in the 70's when they toured with the Wall of Sound, and in the late 70's when I lived in SF. Honestly, in the 80's Jerry was not in great shape, and the last concert I saw (post stroke) they buried him in the mix he was so far off. Still, even at their best they could be the worst and the best band ever. Sheesh get a life. Phil Lesh is closing in on 80, no longer tours (but still gigs at his own club). Time to move on.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

rogman wrote:Jerry Garcia is still dead. Get over it. Saw them a bunch in the 70's when they toured with the Wall of Sound, and in the late 70's when I lived in SF. Honestly, in the 80's Jerry was not in great shape, and the last concert I saw (post stroke) they buried him in the mix he was so far off. Still, even at their best they could be the worst and the best band ever. Sheesh get a life. Phil Lesh is closing in on 80, no longer tours (but still gigs at his own club). Time to move on.
personally I'm not a dead fan at all, its ok but hugely over rated IMO ( I know blasphemy, to each his own)but plenty of people like it and I can understand why they do...I'm still always happy when someone finally changes the music to something else...

can't remember the last time I went to Laconia ( that right there should tell ya) but I'll never forget rolling down the hill towards weirs beach doing the 1/4mph all day creep, hearing touch of grey and deciding I was buying a sportster when I got home...Still think of that bike every time I hear it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Nothing sadder than old bands and singers hanging on as their talent fades into history. Love the Dead from the late 60s through the mid/late 70s. After that, meh. Best show I ever saw was at the Fillmore East in 1971 when they were on stage with the Jefferson Airplane and Papa John Creach. Fifth row center seats and the show lasted from 8:00 PM until 4:00 AM. Nothing could ever top that.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:Nothing sadder than old bands and singers hanging on as their talent fades into history. Love the Dead from the late 60s through the mid/late 70s. After that, meh. Best show I ever saw was at the Fillmore East in 1971 when they were on stage with the Jefferson Airplane and Papa John Creach. Fifth row center seats and the show lasted from 8:00 PM until 4:00 AM. Nothing could ever top that.
I was six...
mach es sehr schnell

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:Nothing sadder than old bands and singers hanging on as their talent fades into history. Love the Dead from the late 60s through the mid/late 70s. After that, meh. Best show I ever saw was at the Fillmore East in 1971 when they were on stage with the Jefferson Airplane and Papa John Creach. Fifth row center seats and the show lasted from 8:00 PM until 4:00 AM. Nothing could ever top that.
I was six...
I was thirteen. Bubba, any 13 year olds there?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
madhatter wrote:
I was six...
I was thirteen. Bubba, any 13 year olds there?
You never know...could have been.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe