OK, gallery questions again

General Questions about Killington and the Killington Area

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

OK, gallery questions again

Post by Dr. NO »

I know there are threads regarding this, but I tried to label my albums and failed. I finally got the jpg pics to load, but geez, what a pain.

Anyway, anyone help on making the lables? One should be DrNoPhotos and the next NYC.

If you want to see the pics I took from the BQE yesterday, they are up. I had cropped 2 of them, but after fighting with tif files (not acceptable) and jpg's I said screw it and posted the raw pics.

Once I finger this out, there will be more postings.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

OK, now how do I take one of the zone immages from gallery and make it either a side bar or signature pic?

Shut up and Ski!

Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Dr. NO wrote:OK, now how do I take one of the zone immages from gallery and make it either a side bar or signature pic?
1.) Click on Gallery, Select the gallery you want.

2.) Right click on the thumbnail for the picture you want. A dialog box will pop up, Select Properties from the dialog box.

3.) The Properties box will now pop up. The address (or URL) for the location of the photo should be listed in this box. Highlight the entire address starting with "http://..." and ending with "...thumb.jpg", and copy the address (right click on the highlighted section and select copy). Close the Properties box.

4.) Go to your Profile

5.) Scroll all the way to the bottom where it says Avatar. Where it says Link to Off Site Avatar, right click in the box, and select Paste from the dialog box.

6.) Click on the Submit button.

Lemme know if it works.

Then we can work on your sig
ImageImageImageImage
powday
Black Carver

Re: OK, gallery questions again

Post by powday »

doc, you want to click on "edit title", not "rename album"
took me a while to figure it out too.
Dr. NO wrote:I know there are threads regarding this, but I tried to label my albums and failed. I finally got the jpg pics to load, but geez, what a pain.

Anyway, anyone help on making the lables? One should be DrNoPhotos and the next NYC.

If you want to see the pics I took from the BQE yesterday, they are up. I had cropped 2 of them, but after fighting with tif files (not acceptable) and jpg's I said screw it and posted the raw pics.

Once I finger this out, there will be more postings.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

OK, Sub album resolved with the "EDIT ALBUM NAME" or title.

Main album, followed Spanky's instructions, created album, created SUB album and loaded pics (note: do not hit return at any time while doing this as it dumps you out of load). back to my main album, drop down menu on upper right. "rename album" insert name, no punctuations. Submit or whatever, NOTHING !

Edit sub album title works just fine, thank you. But, no Edit title for main album. :twisted:

Shut up and Ski!

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Still can't get a title on the main album. created a second one and tried to rename that before doing anything else. NOPE ! Between simple crap like this and an ethernet problem at a customer site, I am about to throw a PC through the wall ! I hate computers. :twisted:

Shut up and Ski!

Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Open your album...from pulldown select properties.

Change the name.
ImageImageImageImage
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Doc... The album name is different than the album title.

The name is what is set in the links. If you look at the URL, you'll see the album name (see the link below).

You set the title from within the album's properties (accessible via the drop-down in the upper right corner of the page). Go to your album (modules.php?set_albumName=DrNOPhotos&op ... _album.php) and select "properties" from the <<admin options>> drop-down. Change album title to something other than "Untitled". Might I recommend "Dr. No's Photos"
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

After Doc finally figures all this out, I'm going to clean up this thread and move it to the FAQ forum.

Edit - by "clean up" I mean remove the non-informative posts.
Last edited by spanky on Dec 2nd, '04, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

spanky wrote:Doc... The album name is different than the album title.

The name is what is set in the links. If you look at the URL, you'll see the album name (see the link below).

You set the title from within the album's properties (accessible via the drop-down in the upper right corner of the page). Go to your album (modules.php?set_albumName=DrNOPhotos&op ... _album.php) and select "properties" from the <<admin options>> drop-down. Change album title to something other than "Untitled". Might I recommend "Dr. No's Photos"
Well, sheitte, that made perfect sense to me. I tried properties within the album, but that was for access and such. Just figured the change title seemed like the logical place to attempt to change it.

Got it now, thanks. I'm sure I'll be back as I attempt to make more pictures and albums. :oops:

Shut up and Ski!

2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

i keep getting this message when i try to upload a small movie.

Resizing/compressing original image
Cannot resize/compress this filetype
Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for /home/killingt/www/albums/album28/pat.mpeg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/killingt/public_html/gallery/util.php on line 1768

Something i'm doing wrong or should i just fahgettaboutit.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

2knees wrote:i keep getting this message when i try to upload a small movie.

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for /home/killingt/www/albums/album28/pat.mpeg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/killingt/public_html/gallery/util.php on line 1768

try it again with the file extension as .mpg and post what happens
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

2knees wrote:i keep getting this message when i try to upload a small movie.

As of now that's a known problem - there's a 2 MB limit on the upload file size. Chances are your movies are larger than 2 MB. So, the upload fails, but the gallery still looks for the movie file. You see that error when the gallery can't find the movie file.

2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

3.6 MB. oh well. thanks