K Zoners 10 AM meeting place

General Questions about Killington and the Killington Area

SkiDork
Site Admin

K Zoners 10 AM meeting place

Post by SkiDork »

Many days (most weekends) we meet here at 10 AM to ski/ride together, say hello whatever.

===============================================

Yes, it's on the mountain side of KBL. A few years ago they added another bar to the original KBL which basically was placed on top of the old deck that was there. This bar has a purple motif, and is sometimes referred to as the Barney room. It is towards Superstar in relation to the old Mahogany Ridge bar.

Between the new and old bars, there are 3 doors that lead to a small deck. This small deck has 2 or 3 steps leading to the flat area that people use to ski between the K1 and the Superstar Quad (where you have to push).

We stand by those steps at ~ 10 AM and usually just wait until 10:15 at the latest (unless there's a very large crowd and many introductions have to be made etc).

If you look toward the Ovation trail from the steps area where we wait you will see a large electronic billboard which among other things has the time and date in digital format. Thats what is meant by the "clock"
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Here are some pictures of the meeting place taken by AndyZee:

The people in the pictures are all Zoners that showed up that day for the meeting. In the last picture you can see the yellow backpack that SkiDork wears.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Killington Base Lodge (KBL) is now called K - 1 Base.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

I wish I would have thought to look inside this forum when I was in town!
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

Bubba wrote:Killington Base Lodge (KBL) is now called K - 1 Base.
why do they go a'changin all the names every couple of years? Its so confusing :roll:
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
TheBullet
Bumper

Post by TheBullet »

laseranimal wrote:
Bubba wrote:Killington Base Lodge (KBL) is now called K - 1 Base.
why do they go a'changin all the names every couple of years? Its so confusing :roll:
It's stupid, too. It was OK when it was related to changing the trail system to eliminate some crossovers (a green cruising trail cutting through a jump zone in the middle of Lower Vertigo), but just for marketing purposes? Blech.

If the world didn't suck so much, we'd all fall off.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

They actually changed KBL to K-1 Base to make the name consistent with the K-1 Gondola. They did it as part of their color coding base lodges to make it easier for newcomers to find their way around. Their former VP of Branding considered this all part of the Killington "brand". Huh?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
TheBullet
Bumper

Post by TheBullet »

Bubba wrote:They actually changed KBL to K-1 Base to make the name consistent with the K-1 Gondola. They did it as part of their color coding base lodges to make it easier for newcomers to find their way around. Their former VP of Branding considered this all part of the Killington "brand". Huh?
Well, I guess changing the name of the base lodge MIGHT make some sense, but it was pretty consistent before--all the base lodges were named for the mountains that they sit at the bottom of (though KBL, um-....K-1 Base, could have been Skye Peak lodge).

It was pretty consistent that people would call any one of the lodges "the main lodge" when they were looking for where they parked their car at the end of the day. Maybe this will help with that, but, please no more trail name changes! :x

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

TheBullet wrote:
Bubba wrote:They actually changed KBL to K-1 Base to make the name consistent with the K-1 Gondola. They did it as part of their color coding base lodges to make it easier for newcomers to find their way around. Their former VP of Branding considered this all part of the Killington "brand". Huh?
Well, I guess changing the name of the base lodge MIGHT make some sense, but it was pretty consistent before--all the base lodges were named for the mountains that they sit at the bottom of (though KBL, um-....K-1 Base, could have been Skye Peak lodge).

It was pretty consistent that people would call any one of the lodges "the main lodge" when they were looking for where they parked their car at the end of the day. Maybe this will help with that, but, please no more trail name changes! :x
Couldn't be Skye Peak Lodge since Skye Peak is actually Bear Peak, and Bear Mountain doen't exist at Killington, it is over by Bear Creek Mountain Club.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
TheBullet
Bumper

Post by TheBullet »

quote]
Couldn't be Skye Peak Lodge since Skye Peak is actually Bear Peak, and Bear Mountain doen't exist at Killington, it is over by Bear Creek Mountain Club.[/quote]

So much for them making a sensible answer to the question "How do I get back to my car? I parked at the main loodge."

andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Here's another view, (never met anyone there unless there was snow.)

Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com