Full, Half and Quarter Shares In Bigelow Available

Post share and ski house listings, short/long term rentals and home/condo sales
bigelowhouse
Beginner On Rentals

Full, Half and Quarter Shares In Bigelow Available

Post by bigelowhouse »

THE HOUSE:
Pictures Here http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p367878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THE PRICING:

THE PRICING
2 person bedrooms
Full: $2,295
Half: $1,395
Quarter: $925

4-person bedrooms
Full: $2,095
Half: $1,195
Quarter: $795

THE SCHEDULE:

"A" wkends "B" wkends "C" wkends "D" wkends
Nov 15, 2014 (winter season kickoff) - open to all shares
Nov 21, 2014 (winter season kickoff) - open to all shares
November 29, 2014 December 6, 2014 December 13, 2014 December 20, 2014
December 27, 2014 January 3, 2014 January 10, 2015 January 17, 2014
January 24, 2015 January 31, 2015 February 14, 2015 February 7, 2015
February 21, 2015 February 28, 2015 March 7, 2015 March 14, 2015
March 21, 2015 March 28, 2015 April 4, 2015 April 11, 2015
April 18, 2015 & after - open to all shares until further notice
Long holiday weekends denoted in red
Christmas dates (Dec 24-25) assigned to "A" shares
New Years Eve dates (Dec 31-Jan1) assigned to "B" shares

THE DETAILS:

The Bigelow basics

Home/Intro Page

“We are an awesome skihouse that has tenured a few years on the mountain located right in the heart of Killington, on the access road right across from iPie and The Foundry. We are walking distance (< 1/4 mile) from Pickle Barrel, Jacks, and Johnny Boys; a short ride to other K'ton nightlife (Wobbly Barn, Moguls, Look Out, Nightspot); and centrally located to a number of other skihouses (on Dean Hill Rd, West Hill Rd, and Anthony Way).

The house is massive (3,500 sq ft) with 9 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, and 2 kitchens over 2+ levels. Additionally, there is a full basement that has been converted to a game/lounge room for after-hours entertainment – classic pool table w/ drop pockets, foosball, and darts w/ HDTV all down there. Plus, we have a 5-person hot tub, a couple of fireplaces, and even an ice skating pond in the backyard (...really, the place is on 3+ acres).

The all-in share prices (meaning no add'l bills down the road) are as follows:

THE PRICING
2 person bedrooms
Full: $2,295
Half: $1,395
Quarter: $925

4-person bedrooms
Full: $2,095
Half: $1,195
Quarter: $795

The Full share offers a dedicated bed for the entire season. Meanwhile, Half-shares choose two alternating wkend options
Wireless internet, a full cable package, firewood, regular plowing are all included in the winter share.

The Bigelow is a ski house that has completely renovated/updated over the past several years. It really is a grown up playground and one that you will look forward to escaping to every weekend. It is located right on the main access road and near the heart of all the night life. We are walking distance (< 1/4 mile) from Pickle Barrel, Jacks, and Johnny Boys; a short ride to other K'ton nightlife (Wobbly Barn, Moguls, Look Out, Nightspot); and centrally located to a number of other skihouses (on Dean Hill Rd, West Hill Rd, and Anthony Way).

The house is massive (3,500 sq ft) with 9 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, and fully equipped kitchen, dining room, over two levels. Additionally, there is a full basement that has been converted to a game/lounge room for after-hours entertainment – classic pool table w/ drop pockets, foosball, and darts w/ HDTV all down there. Plus, we have a 5-person hot tub and a couple of fireplaces.

Thanks for checking out the ski share house we like to refer to as “The Bigelow”. So what’s in a name? Well, think of it as a hide-out in the heart of Vermont’s ski country – a place where you can get away from the barrage of urban life and take in all that Killington has to offer: the biggest ski mountain in the Northeast, the top-rated nightlife along the access road, and an abundance of amenities and toys at the house. The Snowfort really is a playground for grown-ups – you name it and we likely have it at the house. Perhaps it’s best that one breaks down the attributes of The Snowfort into three parts: Location, Dwelling, and Group.

The Location
In a word, it’s tough to be beat the location. The Snowfort is situated directly off the access road (Killington Road), roughly two miles from the base lodges of Rams Head/Snowshed, and within short walking distance of many restaurants & apres ski hotspots like Pickle Barrel, Sushi Yoshi, The Garlic, Grist Mill. This is a house that you can literally drive to and leave your car parked at for the whole weekend. The private and public shuttle services at Killington are always passing by The Snowfort so it’s never more than a 15 minute wait to get a taxi to your destination. That said, even if you prefer to drive yourself around it’s a cinch getting into and out of The Snowfort. No hilly, snow-covered back roads to navigate here; rather, we’ve got an easy entrance and acres (literally) of parking.

The Dwelling
The Bigelow is massive, with over 3,500 square feet of eating, sleeping, and entertainment space over three levels. In addition, the house has two decks – one in the front, one in the back – where you can enjoy our new six-person hot tub overlooking the access road or cook/hang out over two BBQ grills.

As for sleeping accommodations, it has nine bedrooms that offer a choice of either more private two-person bedrooms at a slight price premium, or over-sized four-person bedrooms for the more budget-conscious house share. The Big Skihouse also has five bathrooms, several of which have been remodeled over the past year with tiled showers and new fixtures.

The house has a kitchen that is fully stocked with dishes, silverware, pots & pans, new appliances (including two refrigerators), and loads of cooking utensils. The dining area has seating for at least 10 people. On the main floor, there is also a very comfortable living room just around the corner with leather coaches, a big wall-mounted HDTV, dvd/dvr, a movie library, and stone fireplace. Most shares like to kick back here, watch the big game, and even take a dip in the hot tub right outside the front door.

It’s been said that The Big Skihouse greatest offer is its basement game room / bar – and it admittedly is a lot of fun. As the pictures show, it’s a big space furnished with a solid wood bar and plenty of seating around toys like a classic drop-pocket pool table, foosball, darts, and poker table. There’s even a nook with its own set of couches, another wall-hung HDTV, Wii, and second stone fireplace. You can often find the group here, pulling beers out of the cellar fridge, challenging each other to billiards/foosball contests, and yucking it up till the early hours.

The Group
Every year brings a slightly different group of shares to the house, but all in all the general characteristics remain the same. The crowd is comprised overwhelmingly of singles in their late-20s to early-40s. Since many shares join either solo or with just a few friends, the overall house lends itself to a more social, friendly, outgoing atmosphere. The group is typically evenly split between Boston and NYC, skiers and riders, guys and girls, etc. Shares join The Big Skihouse mainly to meet new people that enjoy similar passions: hitting the best slopes in Vermont, meeting up at the local establishments for après ski and after-hours, organizing dinners and throwing back beverages together at the house, and even planning out ski vacations to other locales.
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Full, Half and Quarter Shares In Bigelow Available

Post by Bubba »

Interesting. Why is someone with a UK web link owning a share house in Killington?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
geoinct
Beginner On Rentals

Post by geoinct »

How do we contact you?
andobrien
Beginner On Rentals

Post by andobrien »

I was wondering if you still had quarter shares available?

Thanks

Andrew
fijiman
Beginner On Rentals

Post by fijiman »

Hi,

I'm interested in two half-shares. Available?
thx
Simon
cliffwalkhope
Beginner On Rentals

Post by cliffwalkhope »

Am interested in your house. It sounds like a beautiful place!
Do you have half or full shares left in a bedroom with two people only and good mattresses?
Thanks!
Kathy
georges5729
Beginner On Rentals

Post by georges5729 »

Hi,
I am interested in a share can you please contact me, or let me know how I can contact you?
Thanks,
G
baron_skizo
Beginner On Rentals

Post by baron_skizo »

Hello,
I am interested in a share.
How can I contact you?
Or can you please call me?
Thanks,
Phil
(516) 350-0982
georges5729
Beginner On Rentals

Post by georges5729 »

I am interested in a share.
Who can I contact?
Thanks
georges5729
Beginner On Rentals

Post by georges5729 »

Hello,

Can somebody please contact me about a share for this season at the Big House?

Thanks,
georges5729@gmail.com