Post Office

Re: Ebola is here...Surprise...

Post by steamboat1 »

Has everyone gotten their flu shot?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Atomic1 wrote:During the whole 9-11 tragedy how long did Bush Suspend Air traffic for ? Shouldn't Obama at least suspend flights into the Country especially from Africa as it appears that's where all these people contracted Ebola . Is it an economy thing or what ? How many people enter the USA from Africa every day and why can't we stop it for a few weeks ?
Planes were ground for a handful of days after several thousand people were killed. I think we can hold off grounding all flights because <5 people have been infected with Ebola. Just my $.02
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Somebody needs to first check if there are any direct flights to the US from the three most affected countries. If not, people are coming through either Europe or South America via connecting flights, in which case we would have to limit visas rather than suspend flights.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

AFAIK there are no direct flights from Africa to the US. There are an average of 490,000 international passengers every day, so to say that there would be an economic impact is a huge understatement.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

freeski wrote:
Dickc wrote:That Frontier airplane has a new nickname---The Enola Gay.
Did you mean Ebola Gay :?:
Yes, Yes I did! :oops: :Toast
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

I gotz my flu shot. Dull needle, painful arm and now a low grade flue type fever and other symptoms. Hopefully gone in a day. :?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:I gotz my flu shot. Dull needle, painful arm and now a low grade flue type fever and other symptoms. Hopefully gone in a day. :?
Have you been to west Africa lately, or flown Frontier Air, or been to Akron?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:I gotz my flu shot. Dull needle, painful arm and now a low grade flue type fever and other symptoms. Hopefully gone in a day. :?
Have you been to west Africa lately, or flown Frontier Air, or been to Akron?
Unless being in Vermont is infectious, I should be clean. Unless absolutely necessary I would NEVER fly Frontier. (Wyoming / Colorado experience). Hmm, maybe the wife has something to do with this? My insurance is pretty good. ;)
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Good article over on CNN today about the media freaking out over Ebola. Of course, they fail to acknowledge their own hysterical talking heads.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

What, are there three cases in the US so far? And people are losing their minds over this? Talk about inane fear mongering. Media outlets should be ashamed, and anyone talking about sealing borders is a certified moron. Get a grip folks.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

rogman wrote:What, are there three cases in the US so far? And people are losing their minds over this? Talk about inane fear mongering. Media outlets should be ashamed, and anyone talking about sealing borders is a certified moron. Get a grip folks.
Couldn't give a crap about Ebola. Has nothing to do with the sound policy of securing our borders.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Over the last few years the only time I got the Flu was when I got the shot ,plus this
http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/flu-va ... -injuries/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Imagine if the time and effort spent by our Government and the media was focused on a disease that kills many more US citizens each year - heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

rogman wrote:What, are there three cases in the US so far? And people are losing their minds over this? Talk about inane fear mongering. Media outlets should be ashamed, and anyone talking about sealing borders is a certified moron. Get a grip folks.
What about the impending zombie apocalypse?

The US should do what is done in Asia. They have IR scanning machines at all the airports that measure body temperature. Everybody is fed through the cattle chute on the way to passport control. If you're 1C above normal body temperature, you're pulled out of line and directed to a public health worker for further screening. Ideally, you want those machines at both ends of the flight so sick people don't get on airplanes in the first place.