Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Healthcare.gov

Post by Bubba »

SnoBrdr wrote:
shortski wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Like many things the government does "for" us, the route taken may not be the most direct route but a lot of people are happy when they finally get there.
Not those of us who are "payers" rather than "takers"..kind of like the gold towns and property taxes. If single payer goes through I'm out'a here.
You'd think in the People's Republic of Vermont that it's almost a foregone conclusion.
Well, maybe not....

http://digital.vpr.net/post/single-paye ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Fifth Video Emerges, Showing Gruber Mocking Man Worried About Obamacare

http://dailysignal.com/2014/11/14/fifth ... ium=social" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ObamaCare guru misleads ‘stupid American voters,’ gets paid $400K to advise ShumlinCare

http://watchdog.org/182774/gruber-single-payer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

New York Times

Cost of Coverage Under Affordable Care Act to Increase in 2015

By ROBERT PEAR, REED ABELSON and AGUSTIN ARMENDARIZNOV. 14, 2014

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration on Friday unveiled data showing that many Americans with health insurance bought under the Affordable Care Act could face substantial price increases next year — in some cases as much as 20 percent — unless they switch plans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/us/po ... 74587&_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Joe Scarborough - "The White House thinks people are stupid"

http://theweek.com/article/index/272192 ... are-stupid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MORE LIES FROM THE LYING LIARS

Oops! Administration Says It Erroneously Inflated Obamacare Enrollment Numbers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/2 ... mg00000013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration acknowledged Thursday it has been over-reporting the number of people signed up under the health care law, a discrepancy that congressional Republicans seeking to repeal the program say they uncovered.

It's another credibility problem for the administration after video surfaced recently of former White House adviser Jonathan Gruber suggesting that deception was used to pass President Barack Obama's signature law.

Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell called the latest lapse "unacceptable."

just more conspiracy they can;t help that they are bumbling idiots prone to mistakes and misrepresentation that ALWAYS supports their agenda. It just kinda happens... again and again and again and again and again ...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

People will need to get over the idea that the law will be repealed.

I don't think you could get enough votes in either house, no matter who controls them, to repeal it.

Then you have the fact that even if they did, a Democratic president could just veto it.

A two-thirds vote of the members present in both the Senate and House is required to override a presidential veto. With Republicans set to take 52 of the Senate’s 100 seats, and 244 in the House — about 58 percent — they won’t have the numbers to override.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:People will need to get over the idea that the law will be repealed.

I don't think you could get enough votes in either house, no matter who controls them, to repeal it.

Then you have the fact that even if they did, a Democratic president could just veto it.

A two-thirds vote of the members present in both the Senate and House is required to override a presidential veto. With Republicans set to take 52 of the Senate’s 100 seats, and 244 in the House — about 58 percent — they won’t have the numbers to override.
I dont see anyone thinking it will be repealed... and definitely not in the next two years...better chance of a supreme court strikedown...

That doesn't change the fact that it was a crappy bill pushed through w lies and corruption ( democrat support. same thing it seems) Its still unpopular and has put a big hurt on obama and the dem leaderships credibility as evidenced in the midterms...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Instead of repealing it, how about adding to it?

Make it easier for insurance companies to sell policies across state lines - more competition.
Make it harder to sue for frivolous malpractice. Doctors aren't perfect.
Make it easier to import cheaper drugs from Canada.

And then we can talk about repealing parts of ACA that don't work.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Mister Moose wrote:Instead of repealing it, how about adding to it?

Make it easier for insurance companies to sell policies across state lines - more competition.

Because haters hate and this is what several of the people here seem to be.

Several people quickly switch to ad hominem attacks when you have the nerve to disagree with them.

The insurance companies are really the big, big winners in all of this and would probably never allow their puppets to vote in competition.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mister Moose wrote:Instead of repealing it, how about adding to it?

Brings in interstate commerce causing more problems and government regulations

congress is made up of lawyers. you think they will cut their own throats?

because the drugs were developed here and the pharms don't want to give that up. OH, they donate.

MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Meeting at my company this week let the employees know that they will began cost shifting our self-insured plan to get under the 40% excise tax. Currently the company picks up 80% of the health care costs of all our employees averaged over the last 3 years with employees paying the remaining 20%. More money out of my pocket just to keep the same quality health insurance. Thanks Obamacare.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Wait! I thought the excise tax was a tax on insurance companies...

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Bubba wrote:Wait! I thought the excise tax was a tax on insurance companies...
This is true if you pay for a plan that is offered by an insurance company. My employer has a self insured plan meaning that they pay the medical bills of our employees over the year. They use CIGNA network doctors and pay a CIGNA an admin fee but all risk is assumed by my company and the employees. We have many programs here at work that encourage a healthy life style. Lower healthcare costs for our company mean the employees pay less also.

Quality coverage such as this have be dubbed Cadallic plans with a 40% excise tax set to kick in 2018. According to the Obamacare designers plans such my employers are driving up medical costs for everyone due to fact that people under these plans overuse services driving up the cost to all. Maybe this just another Gruberism meant to highlight the studidity of the American voters.

Thanks Obamacare!
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

I think that the Republicans will simply refuse to fund the dramatically expanded Medicaid coverage. That's certainly what Paul Ryan tried to do in the budget last spring. The Medicaid numbers are astounding. In FY 2014, it's grown to 8% of the Federal budget. Because Medicaid is 50% Federal, 50% State funding, it's now crippling state budgets. Massachusetts alone now spends $12 billion on Medicaid.

I've written this before but I think Medicaid coverage should be trimmed back from about 95% as good as private health insurance to 60% as good as private health insurance. Anyone who is denied private health insurance becomes eligible for Medicaid with a means-tested deductible, means-tested monthly premium, and a co-pay that everyone has to pay any time they use the system. That would stop the nutty policy where young and healthy people pay enormous private health insurance premiums that subsidize the new people with pre-existing conditions who were jammed down the throats of the health insurance companies with ACA. By cutting back on the program, it would be cost-neutral even though the number of people in the program would expand. I'd also have a citizenship requirement.