So it's come down to this....

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

So it's come down to this....

Post by DMC »

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html

Company lets U.S. travelers 'Go Canadian'Tuesday, December 7, 2004 Posted: 6:09 AM EST (1109 GMT)

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) -- An American T-shirt company has a solution for their fellow citizens who want to vacation in Europe without having to answer questions about U.S. politics -- pose as Canadians.

For $24.95, T-shirtKing.com offers the "Go Canadian" package, full of just the kind of things an American traveler needs to leave their country and its politics behind.

There's a Canadian flag T-shirt, a Canadian flag lapel pin and a Canadian patch for luggage or a backpack. There's also a quick reference guide -- "How to Speak Canadian, Eh?" -- on answering questions about Canada.
shortski
Site Admin

Re: So it's come down to this....

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html

Company lets U.S. travelers 'Go Canadian'Tuesday, December 7, 2004 Posted: 6:09 AM EST (1109 GMT)

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) -- An American T-shirt company has a solution for their fellow citizens who want to vacation in Europe without having to answer questions about U.S. politics -- pose as Canadians.

For $24.95, T-shirtKing.com offers the "Go Canadian" package, full of just the kind of things an American traveler needs to leave their country and its politics behind.

There's a Canadian flag T-shirt, a Canadian flag lapel pin and a Canadian patch for luggage or a backpack. There's also a quick reference guide -- "How to Speak Canadian, Eh?" -- on answering questions about Canada.
Do you often go places where your not wanted, and if you do why. I'm amazed at people that go to Mexico or other third wold countries for vacation. Most resorts in Jamaica now are fenced, and they warn you to not leave the resort, great....just what I wanted for a vacation I'm spending thousands of AMERICAN DOLLARS on, going to prison :lol: :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Re: So it's come down to this....

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:Do you often go places where your not wanted, and if you do why.
I would love to go to Egypt.. Mainly because of the history...

Hows that?
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

My buddies getting married in kenya, I am sitting out this one... I think they might catch on that i am definately a westerner
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

I had a discussion about fenced resort in the Dominican Republic with a close friend the other day. I think it started with "The service is so great down there...the staff will wait on you hand and foot and they only work for a couple dollars a day. It's so horrible that you can't go onto the rest of the island because the crime is so bad."

She didn't really understand my reply "Yeah, must be a great privaledge to be a servant for peanuts. Too bad the rest of the country doesn't feel that way."