Rumsfeld faces tough questions from troops

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

Rumsfeld faces tough questions from troops

Post by DMC »

Next time we put our kids at risk... We'd better damn well be ready..

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/12/ ... index.html

Army Spc. Thomas Wilson, for example, of the 278th Regimental Combat Team that is comprised mainly of citizen soldiers of the Tennessee Army National Guard, asked Rumsfeld in a question-and-answer session why vehicle armor is still in short supply, nearly three years after the war in Iraq.

"Why do we soldiers have to dig through local landfills for pieces of scrap metal and compromised ballistic glass to uparmor our vehicles?" Wilson asked. A big cheer arose from the approximately 2,300 soldiers in the cavernous hangar who assembled to see and hear the secretary of defense.
Rumsfeld hesitated and asked Wilson to repeat his question.

"We do not have proper armored vehicles to carry with us north," Wilson said after asking again.

Rumsfeld replied that, "You go to war with the Army you have," not the one you might want, and that any rate the Army was pushing manufacturers of vehicle armor to produce it as fast as humanly possible.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Rumsfeld faces tough questions from troops

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:Next time we put our kids at risk... We'd better damn well be ready..
But then those crazy kids in the "blue states" will start crying,

"Why are we spending more money on defense when my welfare check is barely enough to get me a decent crack pipe?"
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Just watched that clip,, Maybe we can get B.A. and Murrdock out there to start welding some armor onto the sides of vehicles like they do with the A-Team Van all the time.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Pedro wrote:

"Why are we spending more money on defense when my welfare check is barely enough to get me a decent crack pipe?"
Kill two birds with one stone, give those crack welfare recipients the jobs of welding on the armor.....wait that means they would have to work, never mind I see the flaw in my suggestion.

OK, I,ll try again. Let start an education program to teach them that crack is bad, then set them up in their own apartment, the give them job training, then give them the job of welding on the armor. Oh wait..... I just thought of a flaw in that suggestion....If all of the steps are successful and the former crack addict welfare recipient becomes a successful tax paying member of society, our Friends across the aisle will lose their only voting demographic that still swallows the party line....they'll stall it in committee, or filibuster it when it comes up for a vote, or the main stream media will see what's happening and say how unfair it is that Republican's expect something from the crack addict welfare recipient and how unreasonable the republicans are being in demanding that they contribute to the society in which they live.....so never mind again.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

:P
DoubleD
Black Carver

Post by DoubleD »

shortski wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Kill two birds with one stone, give those crack welfare recipients the jobs of welding on the armor.....wait that means they would have to work, never mind I see the flaw in my suggestion.

OK, I,ll try again. Let start an education program to teach them that crack is bad, then set them up in their own apartment, the give them job training, then give them the job of welding on the armor. Oh wait..... I just thought of a flaw in that suggestion....If all of the steps are successful and the former crack addict welfare recipient becomes a successful tax paying member of society, our Friends across the aisle will lose their only voting demographic that still swallows the party line....they'll stall it in committee, or filibuster it when it comes up for a vote, or the main stream media will see what's happening and say how unfair it is that Republican's expect something from the crack addict welfare recipient and how unreasonable the republicans are being in demanding that they contribute to the society in which they live.....so never mind again.
LMAO
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

shortski wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Not to mention that they won't be spending their welfare checks on Butane since they will have all that they need at work.