The entire debate

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice

The following is a complete and unedited copy of the debate between Shortski and DMC. The question is who won the debate

Shortski
33%
DMC
67%

Total votes: 6

shortski
Site Admin

The entire debate

Post by shortski »

debating points wrote:
The issue is getting some politicians to recognize that our troops are not fully supplied with what they need to stay alive
shortski wrote:I believe it's a tragedy that some politicians put their own personal gain before the safety of our troops under fire. To think that a Presidential candidate would vote for a bill that would allow for the armoring of vehicles that were never to designed to be used in close in battle,then with-hold his vote in the final voting a travesty.

Now stay on topic, your turn
DMC wrote:To think that a President would send our kids into combat without the proper equipment to a war that HE determined the timeframe is a travisty...
And to totally blow off his Secretary of States(and his fathers) warning about it is a travisty...
And 1/2 of the the 1,020 troops killed in Iraq due to unarmoured humvees is a travisty...

Now - as far as your Kerry jab is concerned... That 87 billion dollar bill was totally inflated... Only $300,000,000 was destined for body armour.. If I remember - and please check my facts -
$800,000,000 was for training 1500 Iraqi police officers...
$400,000,000 was for prisons..
$200,000,000 to develope a ciriculum for training Iraqi soldiers..
$1,400,000,000 to pay coutries that helped us out in Iraq..
I forget the rest...

Bush himself treatened to veto the bill if the reconstruction money for Iraq it included was in the form of loans rather than grants... this was also the SECOND appropriation bill... The first bill didn't even HAVE body armor included!!!!! whats up with that!!!!

I'm so glad I didnt vote for Bush... I couldnt live myself..
Shortski wrote:I quoted the topic so we don't drift off topic. I would also like to ask the moderator if my esteemed fellow debater would refrain from mentioning names during this debate, it is a debate about ideas not people. I would also like the moderator to admonish my esteemed fellow debater for saying I took a jab at Mr. Kerry, I never mentioned Mr. Kerry my opponent only assumed I meant Mr. Kerry. I would like to further ask the moderator that my fellow debater not interject his personal voting preference into the debate as it has no bearing on the topic. Back to the debate.

The constitution is structured that the Legislative branch is responsible for voting the funding to supply what is necessary to accomplish the actions they vote on. The vote to go to war was ;

House 296-133 http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/10/iraq.us/

Senate 77-23
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/10/iraq.us/

To Monday morning quarterback and place the blame at the feet of the Executive branch shows a lake of understanding in how the United States Government is structured.

Asking for advice doesn't commit you to taking that which was sought. Gathering all available information and then making a decision that you feel is best in the given circumstance is a sign of leadership and should be admired. Using the threat of a presidential veto to insure that the monies you feel are necessary to complete the reconstruction and to insure that the Iraqi people have the security necessary to vote in their own leaders is again, a sign of leadership and of knowing how the system works.
DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:I would also like to ask the moderator if my esteemed fellow debater would refrain from mentioning names during this debate, it is a debate about ideas not people. I would also like the moderator to admonish my esteemed fellow debater for saying I took a jab at Mr. Kerry, I never mentioned Mr. Kerry my opponent only assumed I meant Mr. Kerry. I would like to further ask the moderator that my fellow debater not interject his personal voting preference into the debate as it has no bearing on the topic. Back to the debate.
WTF !?!?!?! Look at your quote !!!! You totally implied Kerry... Your a friggin loser... A big cry baby... Whos now going to fall on the Kchat status quo - big baby.......
I believe it's a tragedy that some politicians put their own personal gain before the safety of our troops under fire. To think that a Presidential candidate would vote for a bill that would allow for the armoring of vehicles that were never to designed to be used in close in battle,then with-hold his vote in the final voting a travesty.

Go ahead and ban me - see if I give a flying fuuuuck...
I'm sick of your sh*t...
You are by far THE lamest Conservative and person I've ever dealt with... Next to Dr No that is...

I'll take Capboy and Xjib any day of the week over you...
shortski wrote: Temper, temper...I never mentioned a name, you assumed I was referring to Mr Kerry, are you sure that there never was another presidential candidate that also voted against a defense appropriation while running for office, check carefully. I would never ban you your just too much fun. To be considered in the same circle as the esteemed Dr. No pleases me to no end.

Are we finished with the debate? If we are I'd like to put it up for a vote if that's OK with you.
DMC wrote: F you - you know what you meant... dont patronize me.... It really pisses me off

Friggin short ski ridin loser..... Ban me PLEASE!!!!!
At this point DMC went back and edited out all his posts. I guess the debate is over so I'm putting it up for a vote.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I don't think DMC was really debating. Sorry. I don't have a vote
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I don't think DMC was really debating. Sorry. I don't have a vote
He appeared to be in the first response :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
rpuck
Black Carver

Post by rpuck »

it is more like who won the argument not a debate
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

rpuck wrote:it is more like who won the argument not a debate
It's not about winning, it's about the free exchange of ideas :wink:
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

I think you guys should settle this like men.....Ski Pole fencing at KBL 4:00 high.... Just like at the end of bettter of dead

rpuck
Black Carver

Post by rpuck »

shortski wrote:
rpuck wrote:it is more like who won the argument not a debate
It's not about winning, it's about the free exchange of ideas :wink:
then why the poll