Taxes & the Peoples Republic of Vermont

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Proven Fact> where the Democrats are in control the Taxes are HIGH. TAXACHUSETTS say's it all.
I live in NY and the governor is a Republican and our taxes are probably higher than Massachusetts.
Yeah, but who controls the legislature? Its not like there hasn't been gridlock for the past 10 years or nothing.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Proven Fact> where the Democrats are in control the Taxes are HIGH. TAXACHUSETTS say's it all.
I live in NY and the governor is a Republican and our taxes are probably higher than Massachusetts.
That being the exception,BUT N.Y.sales Tax is 4.25 while Mass is 5.0
N.Y. pers. Income Tax is 6.8 while Mass is 5.0
N.Y. Gas tax is 22.6 cents while Mass is 21.6
So these 2 are BOTH killers
The sales tax in Nassau County is 8.5 and in NYC it is 8.25. Where do you get the 4.25.
STATE sales tax. Then you add county and City Tax. Ain't no Republicans in the City of NY. Well, Rudy and what's his face, but they haven't raised sales taxes that I know.

You can thank the previous Governor for most of the NY spending and taxes. King Mario did a great job of tax and spend while he had diarehha of the mouth.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Geoff wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:It also states the INCOME TAX in Mass. at 12%
While N.Y. at 7.5
Nope. Mass taxes interest and dividends at 12% (since only wealthy people have interest and dividends). *cough*

The Mass income tax rate on wages is a little north of 5%.

Massachusetts used to be one of the big tax states in the country. Over the last 20 years, they've kept their tax rates constant while all the other states jacked theirs up.
YEP, we in CT used to laugh at Tax a two shits because of all the heavy taxes they paid. Then Lord Weiker took office and BOOM, Income Tax is 4.5%, Sales tax dropped all the way down from 6.5% to 6%, Fuel taxes doubled to the 3rd highest in the country. The list goes on and on, but we caught and by passed Tas a two shits quickly during Lord Weiker's reign.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

What would happen if we actually got all the government we pay for?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe