Report suggests changes in exit poll methodology

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Report suggests changes in exit poll methodology

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/ ... index.html
The problem is not new -- in every presidential election since 1988, exit polls have overstated support for Democrats nationally -- but the discrepancy in 2004 was more pronounced than in previous years.
E
Slap Shot
Blue Chatterbox

Polls

Post by Slap Shot »

Back in the '70s, on "Peanuts", Linus was running for class president...

Lucy: "HEY BLOCKHEAD, WHO ARE YOU GONNA VOTE FOR?"

Lucy: "WELL, YOU BETTER!!!"

Lucy (to Linus): "My poll shows that you have a hundred percent lead."

Linus (to himself): "These polls scare me."

-- Slap Shot
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

If I wasted as much time as you do finding dirt on a certain political party I would be one lonely pathetic man.

Bush won and all us "Liberals" as you have so "liberally" branded us have accepted him as the president of this fine nation and the ones who haven't are destined to lead a pathetic life pondering over something they can't ever change yet still feel inclined to dwell on. I'm willing to bet there are even a few republicans who can't let it go, maybe even republicans right here on our own message board that insist on beating a dead horse.
Some things just can't be bought......
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

RJSVermont wrote:If I wasted as much time as you do finding dirt on a certain political party I would be one lonely pathetic man.
In all fairness to XJ, its really not that hard. I am going out on a limb and going to say the XJ typed "www.cnn.com" in his web browser and then clicked on "Politics". About as many mouse clicks you made to view the political threads that you are currently bashing. Did you think we were talking about skiing in here?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Pedro wrote:
RJSVermont wrote:If I wasted as much time as you do finding dirt on a certain political party I would be one lonely pathetic man.
In all fairness to XJ, its really not that hard. I am going out on a limb and going to say the XJ typed "www.cnn.com" in his web browser and then clicked on "Politics". About as many mouse clicks you made to view the political threads that you are currently bashing. Did you think we were talking about skiing in here?
You're right....it was actually on the "home" section :roll:

I take 18 credits work 20 hours a week and go to the gym...I don't have much time.....
RJSVermont wrote:Bush won and all us "Liberals" as you have so "liberally" branded us have accepted him as the president of this fine nation and the ones who haven't are destined to lead a pathetic life pondering over something they can't ever change yet still feel inclined to dwell on
I would debate that "liberals" have accepted Bush....in fact I don't know of one person that is liberal that argues with me about it....I think you're the first one....if you call yourself liberal that is.

E
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

Yes, I visit cnn.com too among other sites. Really not that hard. Do I need a recap of everything I read with an agenda and an emoticon from XJibb? No.

Thought this forum was for political views and expressions, not journalistic regurgitation.
Some things just can't be bought......
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

RJSVermont wrote:Yes, I visit cnn.com too among other sites. Really not that hard. Do I need a recap of everything I read with an agenda and an emoticon from XJibb? No.

Thought this forum was for political views and expressions, not journalistic regurgitation.
RJSVermont wrote:Yes, I visit cnn.com too among other sites. Really not that hard. Do I need a recap of everything I read with an agenda and an emoticon from XJibb? No.

RJS...look above....there is no agenda to my post...just the news buddy.