From an article on the Rice confirmation...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

From an article on the Rice confirmation...

Post by KBL Ed »

Accused by Ms. Boxer of "rigidness," Ms. Rice responded that as national security adviser she had "no difficulty telling the president what I think." But she also told the committee not to expect her to reveal any differences with Mr. Bush as secretary of state. "I want to be clearly understood -- we are one administration, with President Rove, I mean President Bush, in the lead," she said.
:lol:
DMC
Post Office

Re: From an article on the Rice confirmation...

Post by DMC »

KBL Ed wrote:
Accused by Ms. Boxer of "rigidness," Ms. Rice responded that as national security adviser she had "no difficulty telling the president what I think." But she also told the committee not to expect her to reveal any differences with Mr. Bush as secretary of state. "I want to be clearly understood -- we are one administration, with President Rove, I mean President Bush, in the lead," she said.
:lol:
Awesome....

There's SO much sht going on politcally right now - it's tough to keep up with it all...
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

I loved how she stated that the tsunami disaster was a "wonderful opportunity" for the United States to show compassion with relief efforts, especially in Muslim communities affected.

This is our chief doplomat folks. Could you make a more ridiculous statement following the horrific end of nearly 170,000 lives?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Cityskier wrote:I loved how she stated that the tsunami disaster was a "wonderful opportunity" for the United States to show compassion with relief efforts, especially in Muslim communities affected.

This is our chief doplomat folks. Could you make a more ridiculous statement following the horrific end of nearly 170,000 lives?
212,000 now.... :(
So sad... We need a little more compasionate conservativeness!!!

KBL Ed

Post by KBL Ed »

Er, since no one has challenged it, I should mention I was making a joke. I made up the Rove bit.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

KBL Ed wrote:Er, since no one has challenged it, I should mention I was making a joke. I made up the Rove bit.
I figured as much, but was really hoping it was true! That would have been some funny sh!t!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Cityskier wrote:I loved how she stated that the tsunami disaster was a "wonderful opportunity" for the United States to show compassion with relief efforts, especially in Muslim communities affected.

Ask Theresa Heinz......
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Ask Theresa Heinz......

I tend to care more what our SECRETARY OF STATE has to say than the wife of a losing presidential candidate.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Ask Theresa Heinz......
Wow... Last i heard the election was over and she's passed into history...
I think Dr Rice has a little more relavence to current events...

That was pretty lame...
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Ask Theresa Heinz......

That was pretty lame...
And they say we're the ones stuck on the recent election........what gives D?
Some things just can't be bought......
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

OK, so we shoudl eliminate any "political" capitol we might gain from this disaster? Hmm, seems if any disaster occurs, all parties look to gain by the use of money or other means to show their stance.

The US spent $35 Mil to review the situation. The US is spending $350 Mil to provide relief. US citezens have spent nearly $250 MIL in support of the relief so far, and much of that is matching corporate funds. Corporations in the US have DONATED millions in cash and Water purification and POWER PLANTS ( my corporation in specific, but I am sure others) Hmm a purification plant for 150000 people and power worth what, a few hundrel MIL?

THIS is political capitol for the "Satin nation of the USA". People there need help, and our nation is providing a big chunk of it.

BTW, who else is delivering that aid? You see any Russian ships there? How about Germany and France? Nope they ain't there. Hellocopers? who are they? USA. Political Capitol. Next time Achmed is told the USA is Satin he is going to say "USA gave me water and food".
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

RJSVermont wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Ask Theresa Heinz......

That was pretty lame...
I really don't know..
It's kinda wierd... I guess it's like when a conservative feels like a debate isnt going their way - they pull the Clinton BJ card...
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:
RJSVermont wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Ask Theresa Heinz......

That was pretty lame...
I really don't know..
It's kinda wierd... I guess it's like when a conservative feels like a debate isnt going their way - they pull the Clinton BJ card...
Cut the conservatives some slack, we are not getting the weekly post election therapy sessions.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Cityskier wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Ask Theresa Heinz......

I tend to care more what our SECRETARY OF STATE has to say than the wife of a losing presidential candidate.
Read what you wrote again.....Could you make a more ridiculous statement following the horrific end of nearly 170,000 lives?

I simply stated.....yes...I'm sure Theresa could have made a more ridiculous statement. You asked. Don't get mad at me for providing an answer :P

Lets face it....the US is Satin, we do no good only harm, everything we do is political.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

We have a lot to gain from this disaster.....we'd be ignorant not to recognize that. I thought you libs wanted us to be honest?

E
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Rice actually expressed the correct sentiment but chose her words poorly. Her office has since issued the usual "clarification" that usually comes after such events.

As for Teresa, had she said the same thing, I'm sure when questioned about it afterwards she would've told the reporter "Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say that. Shove it!". :lol:

I like the Pres. Rove thing....funny....untrue, but funny. :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe