Dems plan to delay full vote on Rice

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:Delay, impede and obstruct, the new Democratic mantra, and the more they do the better for the Republicans.
Ahh - The old stomp on anyone that doesnt agree with the Repulican Platform...

Last time I checked... We're STILL a democracy.. Not everyone agrees on everything...

I'm proud of Kerry for voting NO...
It is a Democratic Republic, NOT a Democracy. And, when the Republicans voiced their opposition during the 70's and 80's, they were being Partisan and obstructionists. Now the shoe is on the other foot and the Dems don't like it. Difference is the manner in which the opposition voices their oppinion.
riiiiight.... Last I heard I still have a say via my elected officials...
Keep diggin up the past...

What am supposed to do if I dissagree... Did I lose my voice because of something that happened in the past...
I think not...

You guys make me sick... You tell me in one breath that our guys are in Iraq defending my freedom YET I get chastized when I voice my opinion...

A bunch of F ucking hypocrits... You make me sick...
You can vote....? But besides that....you're allowed to have your opinion :D As we're allowed to have ours.

I think it's fair to say their is name calling from both parties....but when it comes to elected officials I see it less in the republican party than in the democratic party....especially with gems like Dean and Gore

E
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:Delay, impede and obstruct, the new Democratic mantra, and the more they do the better for the Republicans.

Last time I checked... We're STILL a democracy.. Not everyone agrees on everything...

It is a Democratic Republic, NOT a Democracy. And, when the Republicans voiced their opposition during the 70's and 80's, they were being Partisan and obstructionists. Now the shoe is on the other foot and the Dems don't like it. Difference is the manner in which the opposition voices their oppinion.

What am supposed to do if I dissagree... Did I lose my voice because of something that happened in the past...
I think not...

You guys make me sick... You tell me in one breath that our guys are in Iraq defending my freedom YET I get chastized when I voice my opinion...

You can vote....? But besides that....you're allowed to have your opinion :D As we're allowed to have ours.

I think it's fair to say their is name calling from both parties....but when it comes to elected officials I see it less in the republican party than in the democratic party....especially with gems like Dean and Gore

E
OH, why do you persicute him so? let dead dogs lye et al. It just ain't worth it. He has his blinders as we have ours. We just don't get so PO'd about it.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote: Ahh - The old stomp on anyone that doesnt agree with the Repulican Platform...

I think not...

E
OH, why do you persicute him so? let dead dogs lye et al. It just ain't worth it. He has his blinders as we have ours. We just don't get so PO'd about it.
Honestly....I don't really have anything against anyone here. The thing I've said time and time again is I don't take anything personal. We debate...I like it....you all teach me stuff about history/democrats/republicans....so I just don't take offense. It's a good time.

E 8) I mean no harm
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote:

I think not...

You and the rest of the liberal left of the democratic party are entitled to your opinion... and if you insist on sticking to it and being wrong that's also OK, it's the fact that you have no power to implement anything on your agenda that pisses you and the rest off...until you get a feeling for what the majority, understand this if nothing else, the MAJORITY of Americans want you will be in the same position, out in left field with out a glove, or to make it skiing related, in the back country without a shovel and a beacon. :roll:

On a side note, what a great and inspiring speech President Bush gave yesterday, to know that it's now official US policy to spread democracy world wide, with the goal of world domination...I mean the goal of seeing all people who want freedom being given the chance to be free.

Some excerpts:

So it is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of democratic movements and institutions in every nation and culture with the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world.

America's influence is not unlimited, but fortunately for the oppressed, America's influence is considerable and we will use it confidently in freedom's cause.

We will persistently clarify the choice before every ruler and every nation: the moral choice between oppression, which is always wrong, and freedom, which is eternally right.

Some, I know, have questioned the global appeal of liberty, though this time in history, four decades defined by the swiftest advance of freedom ever seen, is an odd time for doubt.

Americans, of all people, should never be surprised by the power of our ideals.

The rulers of outlaw regimes can know that we still believe as Abraham Lincoln did, "Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves; and, under the rule of a just God, cannot long retain it."

Division among free nations is a primary goal of freedom's enemies. The concerted effort of free nations to promote democracy is a prelude to our enemies' defeat.

By our efforts we have lit a fire as well; a fire in the minds of men. It warms those who feel its power. It burns those who fight its progress. And one day this untamed fire of freedom will reach the darkest corners of our world.

To give every American a stake in the promise and future of our country, we will bring the highest standards to our schools and build an ownership society.

We will widen the ownership of homes and businesses, retirement savings and health insurance, preparing our people for the challenges of life in a free society.

By making every citizen an agent of his or her own destiny, we will give our fellow Americans greater freedom from want and fear, and make our society more prosperous and just and equal.

In America's ideal of freedom, the public interest depends on private character, on integrity, and tolerance toward others, and the rule of conscience in our own lives.

Self-government relies, in the end, on the governing of the self.

Take it to heart, President Bush is a politician that actually believes in and does what he say he will do.

Now if you all will stand and join in the singing of God Bless America

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer:
God Bless America.
Land that I love
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies ,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America
My home sweet home.

God Bless America,
Land that I love
Stand beside her,
And guide her,
Through the night
With the light from above,
From the mountains,
To the prairies,
To the ocean,
White with foam,
God bless America,
My home sweet home.
God bless America,
My home sweet home.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

shortski wrote:
You and the rest of the liberal left of the democratic party are entitled to your opinion... and if you insist on sticking to it and being wrong that's also OK, it's the fact that you have no power to implement anything on your agenda that pisses you and the rest off...until you get a feeling for what the majority, understand this if nothing else, the MAJORITY of Americans want you will be in the same position, out in left field with out a glove, or to make it skiing related, in the back country without a shovel and a beacon. :roll:
A very tiny majority.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BigKahuna13 wrote:A very tiny majority.
This tiny??
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:[ the MAJORITY of Americans want you will be in the same position, out in left field with out a glove, or to make it skiing related, in the back country without a shovel and a beacon. :roll:
Bummer I lent my shovel/probe/transceiver to another Democrat friend who's on his way to Canada today...

Typical Bush Conservative - calling is a beacon... Implying that all you want is to be rescued but don't want to help in the rescue...

Where-as I carry a transceiver that can both send and receive...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:[ the MAJORITY of Americans want you will be in the same position, out in left field with out a glove, or to make it skiing related, in the back country without a shovel and a beacon. :roll:
Bummer I lent my shovel/probe/transceiver to another Democrat friend who's on his way to Canada today...

Typical Bush Conservative - calling is a beacon... Implying that all you want is to be rescued but don't want to help in the rescue...

Typical Rich Bush Conservative, pay to have someone do rescue :lol:

If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it still make a sound.
No comments on the great speach our President gave?
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:
DMC wrote:

Typical Rich Bush Conservative, pay to have someone do rescue :lol:

No comments on the great speach our President gave?
Too much to cover...

I thought it was a little long.. For what he said...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

shortski wrote: Self-government relies, in the end, on the governing of the self.
I personally like this quote.

E 8)
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:Where-as I carry a transceiver that can both send and receive...

Only if your reckless and go into the woods yourself... You need friends/allies/a coalition to go into the dangerous woods.. To do it alone is suicide... the more people the better off you are in a dangerous situation..

3's in the trees...