Dems plan to delay full vote on Rice

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dems plan to delay full vote on Rice

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/ ... index.html

I think if anything....all of this partisanship by the Dems will only help "our" growing majority in the house, senate, and most likely another 4 years in 2008 with another republican presidant. OF course....maybe all this bickering is what the Dems think will win them an election??

E
DMC
Post Office

Re: Dems plan to delay full vote on Rice

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/ ... index.html

I think if anything....all of this partisanship by the Dems will only help "our" growing majority in the house, senate, and most likely another 4 years in 2008 with another republican presidant. OF course....maybe all this bickering is what the Dems think will win them an election??

E
I'm glad... They represent me very well...

Maybe they are bickering because they don't agree with her nomination...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC wrote:

E

It's too bad they're the MINORITY of the democratic party. Just makes your party look bad to those that aren't in the base...or the hard left. Just my .02
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:

E

It's too bad they're the MINORITY of the democratic party. Just makes your party look bad to those that aren't in the base...or the hard left. Just my .02
What the F are you talking about.. Read the testimony... Most Dems voted begrudgingly... Even some Reps voted for her begrudgingly..

Most Dems I talk to are glad that there were 2 votes on the record against her...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Delay, impede and obstruct, the new Democratic mantra, and the more they do the better for the Republicans.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

I just hope we get another republican from texas so I can get a chance to attend the Black tie and Boots Ball....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:Delay, impede and obstruct, the new Democratic mantra, and the more they do the better for the Republicans.
Ahh - The old stomp on anyone that doesnt agree with the Repulican Platform...

Last time I checked... We're STILL a democracy.. Not everyone agrees on everything...

I'm proud of Kerry for voting NO...
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:I just hope we get another republican from texas so I can get a chance to attend the Black tie and Boots Ball....
:)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:Delay, impede and obstruct, the new Democratic mantra, and the more they do the better for the Republicans.

Last time I checked... We're STILL a democracy.. Not everyone agrees on everything...

It is a Democratic Republic, NOT a Democracy. And, when the Republicans voiced their opposition during the 70's and 80's, they were being Partisan and obstructionists. Now the shoe is on the other foot and the Dems don't like it. Difference is the manner in which the opposition voices their oppinion.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote:

It is a Democratic Republic, NOT a Democracy. And, when the Republicans voiced their opposition during the 70's and 80's, they were being Partisan and obstructionists. Now the shoe is on the other foot and the Dems don't like it. Difference is the manner in which the opposition voices their oppinion.
riiiiight.... Last I heard I still have a say via my elected officials...
Keep diggin up the past...

What am supposed to do if I dissagree... Did I lose my voice because of something that happened in the past...
I think not...

You guys make me sick... You tell me in one breath that our guys are in Iraq defending my freedom YET I get chastized when I voice my opinion...

A bunch of F ucking hypocrits... You make me sick...
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

DMC wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote:

riiiiight.... Last I heard I still have a say via my elected officials...
Keep diggin up the past...

What am supposed to do if I dissagree... Did I lose my voice because of something that happened in the past...
I think not...

You guys make me sick... You tell me in one breath that our guys are in Iraq defending my freedom YET I get chastized when I voice my opinion...

A bunch of F ucking hypocrits... You make me sick...
Did I say that? Dang, you must have read into it much deep than I thought I wrote it. I just said the Republicans were accused of the same things in the 70's and 80's, and prior, when the Dems held 2 houses and the Presidency, most of the time. The big difference I see from then to now is the rhetoric. Repulicans tend to say you are wrong and explain why. Seems the Dems are screaming we are wrong with no explanations or solutions. And, the name calling from them is a bit excessive, especially from government officials. Let me know when they have a viable solution to ANYTHING rather than scream about all that is wrong.

I know, raise taxes and spend more on all the programs that have failed. Not that the Republicans have really changed the spending policies much, but that does seem to be the Democrat Party mantra. Raise Taxes and Spend more.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

If I don't agree with something I voice my opinion...
I dont give a siht what happened in the 70's and 80's....
I don't give a shti about what Republicans or Democrats feel...

I have an opinion - I will voice it...

And I certainly do not give a siht what a cramudgeony old fart in a flame suit tells me what to think...
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Dubya and Rice, what a f*** joke! We can all rest assured that dynamic duo will stem the tide of ramped anti-Americanism sweeping the world today. :roll: :roll:

sorry, i know i swore off political discussions but i happened to stumble across some inaugural coverage today on TV and just about puked up my lunch at the sight of that buffoon. what a f*** embarrassment that idiot is.

enough.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC wrote:If I don't agree with something I voice my opinion...

And I certainly do not give a siht what a cramudgeony old fart in a flame suit tells me what to think...
Hey, you know I just noticed that whenever you get really pissed off, your spelling goes to hell :D

Personally I think Dr. Rice is a piss poor choice for Secretary of State. As NSA she was an uber-hawk and hawks make shitty diplomats.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:If I don't agree with something I voice my opinion...

Hey, you know I just noticed that whenever you get really pissed off, your spelling goes to hell :D

Personally I think Dr. Rice is a piss poor choice for Secretary of State. As NSA she was an uber-hawk and hawks make shitty diplomats.
I was pissed... I'm OK now... - Just friggin freezing!!