Post by SkiDork »

details? I'm at work...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

. . . . it's a major discussion on whether we should be in Iraq or not . . . and every angle of deciding if it is OK or not!!! . . . I think!!!!
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

MrsG wrote:. . . . it's a major discussion on whether we should be in Iraq or not . . . and every angle of deciding if it is OK or not!!! . . . I think!!!!
I was watching CNN Presents(?) - I think...
Anyway.. It was really interesting... It followed injured soldiers from the battlefield to the plane to surgeory then finally to Walter Reed... One guy didnt make it... :(

It was amazing.. It's exactly what my brother did over there... He was actually coordinating all the casualties in both theaters...
Who went where - how they traveled, etc.... But I think it's a LOT more busy now then when he was there... He would talk about a few people in transports... Now they fill the entire plane with casualties...
They showed how the plane was converted - how they load the casualties and in what order....

I don't agree with this war in Iraq - but I really do support our troops being called to do their duty... And hope they can all return under better circumstances then these poor kids...
I've said this before... But - When I worked at Walter Reed it was one of the toughest things I ever did... Having to come face-to-face with these guys was very difficult.. Young guys with no arms and legs... Seeing models of skulls blown to pieces.. Hearing the stories from Medics...
It actually gave me nightmares...
I'm just glad I was able to lend a hand and beef up their technical documentation and remote processes so we can get these injured people back safely...

sorry for the rant... but it really hit home....