Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote:
Cityskier wrote:You really scare me XJ.

That is all.
You really got to wonder what he's going to be like in 20 years??

Either a total faciast or a "suit and tie conservative" or and activist for legalizing weed?

But - chances are he'll get drafted - and he'll be wearing fatigues...
OR, worse yet, he will me like ME ! :lol:
That cats and the craddle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon.... :D
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Cityskier wrote:You really scare me XJ.

That is all.
Because I'm right? Or that you disagree with me?

The whole "GWB Won - Kerry Lost - Deal with it"....do you blame us? All the name calling, defamation, harassment to our commander-in-chief (not to mention the harrassment we received just for being conservative!)during the election! Not only that, but people like Boxer and Kennedy making the kind of remarks lately that are WAY OFF base.

It's funny how CS and DMC have come here and said nothing about the speech. No liberal has provided an alternative way to what Bush is doing....all you liberals (used generally) do is come here and rant about other things when we're trying to specifically stay on the topic of Bush's speech and your views/feelings about it. Instead I get responses like "You scare me"...nothing to back it up, no challenging what I said, no comments to express why "I" scare people. It's the same mentally (soon to be the demise) the democratic party has....rant rant rant but no explinations...no suggestions of how the war can be fought better...no suggestions in how to handle SS better...just rant rant rant. I'm sick of it....it's great we can share our opinion....but lately some rants with no base...no reasons or explinations to improve problems...it's just a waste of time.In DMC's defense...he hasn't read/watched the speech so he can't really contribute to this discussion atm.

Feel free to leave a rebuttal....but please, PLEASE, let me know why "I" scare you, let me know how you think YOUR party should handle SS better. Stay on topic...lets not get on a tangent.....

E

Thank you SO much for the invitation to leave a rebuttal, but I decline. It's a little to low on my list of priorities at the moment. I frankly haven't read anything today worth responding to.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:
I did see the picture of the mom hugging the Iraq woman... Nice photo... But - well... nevermind..

It was a nice night outside...
I don't necessarily agree with them draging the parents there, obivously done to gain political capitol, but i think it was unnecessary, anyway gets me all misty eyed like taps at a funeral after a 21 gun salute....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:
DMC wrote:
I did see the picture of the mom hugging the Iraq woman... Nice photo... But - well... nevermind..

It was a nice night outside...
I don't necessarily agree with them draging the parents there, obivously done to gain political capitol, but i think it was unnecessary, anyway gets me all misty eyed like taps at a funeral after a 21 gun salute....
Thats what I was alluding to.. Why does he need political gain??
Didnt he supposedly get "political capital" from the election?

The picture of the memorial service for all those poor Marines killed in the chopper crash got me...
All the guns lined up with helmets and boots..

Very sad...
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Didn't see it. Had no desire to see it. Spent that time cracking up with my daughter about the weirdness of ordering french fries at a Chinese restaurant, which she had just done, and how completely off the hook it would be to walk into Micky D's and ask for Lo Mein. (guess you had to be there, but trust me it was funny).

The SOU address, regardless of which party gives, is usually so much rah-rah sh*t and so little substance as to hardly be worth the time.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

You know what scares me DMC and CS? If you think about terrorists in general, not just the ones who killed thousands of innocent people as well as themselves on 9/11 but just your average terrorist. These are people who are so convinced that their way of thinking and their beliefs are so right that they are unwilling to let others who think differently live, let alone just practice their own beliefs. These are people who believe that their ways of religion or politics, or moral practices are all that is right and everything else is wrong. These are people who are very impressionable and maybe can not come to a conclusion of their own because maybe it’s easier to just follow along with what someone else strongly believes in. I don’t know about you DMC and CS, but that is what scares me……….
Some things just can't be bought......
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

RJSVermont wrote:You know what scares me DMC and CS? If you think about terrorists in general, not just the ones who killed thousands of innocent people as well as themselves on 9/11 but just your average terrorist. These are people who are so convinced that their way of thinking and their beliefs are so right that they are unwilling to let others who think differently live, let alone just practice their own beliefs. These are people who believe that their ways of religion or politics, or moral practices are all that is right and everything else is wrong. These are people who are very impressionable and maybe can not come to a conclusion of their own because maybe it’s easier to just follow along with what someone else strongly believes in. I don’t know about you DMC and CS, but that is what scares me……….
Yes, that scares me too. Well said. The theme seems eerily familiar...I just can't quite place it. :wink:
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Cityskier wrote:
RJSVermont wrote:You know what scares me DMC and CS? If you think about terrorists in general, not just the ones who killed thousands of innocent people as well as themselves on 9/11 but just your average terrorist. These are people who are so convinced that their way of thinking and their beliefs are so right that they are unwilling to let others who think differently live, let alone just practice their own beliefs. These are people who believe that their ways of religion or politics, or moral practices are all that is right and everything else is wrong. These are people who are very impressionable and maybe can not come to a conclusion of their own because maybe it’s easier to just follow along with what someone else strongly believes in. I don’t know about you DMC and CS, but that is what scares me……….
Yes, that scares me too. Well said. The theme seems eerily familiar...I just can't quite place it. :wink:
Good one!!!!! ha Stay the course!!!
KBL Ed

Post by KBL Ed »

I loved this headline:

From Security to Risk in One Easy Bush Plan
President trades American promise for a Wall Street gamble

:lol:
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

KBL Ed wrote:I loved this headline:

From Security to Risk in One Easy Bush Plan
President trades American promise for a Wall Street gamble

:lol:

And I'm sure his buddies in the financial industry are drooling over the potential commisions associated with his gamble.
KBL Ed

Post by KBL Ed »

Cityskier wrote:And I'm sure his buddies in the financial industry are drooling over the potential commisions associated with his gamble.
Actually, the company I work for would make a TREMENDOUS windfall. I mean, like, insane. I definitely agree Social Security needs to be fixed, but don't think that's the way to do it.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

KBL Ed wrote:
Cityskier wrote:And I'm sure his buddies in the financial industry are drooling over the potential commisions associated with his gamble.
Actually, the company I work for would make a TREMENDOUS windfall. I mean, like, insane. I definitely agree Social Security needs to be fixed, but don't think that's the way to do it.
FMR?

It would be huge for a lot of people/institutions. We shouldn't lose sight of that.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
You know, lately I've been thinking that we spend so much time bashing Theocracies, and specifically Muslim theorcracies, but there's alot of people here who are trying their damnest to turn us into one big ole God fearing Christian Theocracy.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
You know, lately I've been thinking that we spend so much time bashing Theocracies, and specifically Muslim theorcracies, but there's alot of people here who are trying their damnest to turn us into one big ole God fearing Christian Theocracy.
Welcome to what I believe... :)
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Cityskier wrote:

ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner.