State of The Union

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

Come on now Kahuna, there is a clear separation of Church and State here. That's why we're a Democracy, not a Theocracy.

" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: "
Some things just can't be bought......
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

My Jedi powers sense the dark side......
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

RJSVermont wrote:My Jedi powers sense the dark side......
"This is not president you are looking for"
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

:lol:

So you all have no valid points? Shocking for once.

I am young...I am impressionable...I have never vowed not to consider other people points...I am a member of the Republican party because they support "most" of my same thoughts/feelings. The problem I have about the democrat party....is I have NO IDEA what you guys stand for? I specifically asked what YOUR PARTY will do for SS...and I'm met with "I don't have the time". Do you really think that is going to open my eyes to other issues? Do you think DMC...by saying "I really dont want to get into it.. Even though you may not think so - Your still a kid... You got a lot of living to do - and your opionions will change about certain things over time... "....why don't you want to get into it? If you guys want me to see your side....present it...show me where my thoughts are flawed....or better yet perhaps I'll see your point!

When I have people calling me names, telling me I'm young and I don't understand....this doesn't help me see your side at all. This goes for the democratic party as well. I don't understand where you're coming from...BECAUSE YOU WON'T EXPLIAN YOUR POINTS. EVER SINGLE DEMOCRAT I ever speak to just reverts back to oil/Cheney/Iraq the same old rants. Tell me about your party....why should I even consider your party? Normally....I take silence as not having anything to say....maybe that's the case...maybe there is no reasons for me to consider looking into the democratic party more than I have?

Little known facts:
1.) I'm not very hard right....it's mostly that many of you are hard left and it makes me look more conservative.
2.) I'm not very religious. I do not go to church every sunday. However, I am catholic and I do believe in god.

E
And if nothing is done by 2029, there will be a deficit in the Social Security trust fund, which will either require -- if you just wait until then -- a huge tax increase in the payroll tax, or just about a 25 percent cut in Social Security benefits. And let me say today, Social Security -- I want to put that in, too, because I want you all to start thinking about this -- Social Security was conceived as giving a floor for life. It is not enough to sustain the standard of living of almost any retiree retiring today.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Do you think DMC...by saying "I really dont want to get into it.. Even though you may not think so - Your still a kid... You got a lot of living to do - and your opionions will change about certain things over time... "....why don't you want to get into it? If you guys want me to see your side....present it...show me where my thoughts are flawed....or better yet perhaps I'll see your point!
Dude - it's just sometimes you come accross as a real braty hardass... And today is one of those days..

You tell me what GWB plans to do with Social Security...?
And why if we have a decade to fix it - is he rushing into this thing..?

I don't want to get into it because it's a very emotional issue for me and I only have about 60 seconds to pop on and see whats going on here...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Do you think DMC...by saying "I really dont want to get into it.. Even though you may not think so - Your still a kid... You got a lot of living to do - and your opionions will change about certain things over time... "....why don't you want to get into it? If you guys want me to see your side....present it...show me where my thoughts are flawed....or better yet perhaps I'll see your point!
Dude - it's just sometimes you come accross as a real braty hardass... And today is one of those days..

I don't want to get into it because it's a very emotional issue for me and I only have about 60 seconds to pop on and see whats going on here...
I'm not trying to be a hardass....Ijust get pissed when everyone is saying I'm young and won't take the time to tell me why they think their party is better for America etc.

GWB made a proposal in the SOU.....but he said he is open to ALL PLANS...so I'm not sure why he's receiving so much hatred from the dems about this?

If he doesn't fix it...who will....when?

E
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Feb 3rd, '05, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote::lol:

I am young...I am impressionable...I have never vowed not to consider other people points...I am a member of the Republican party because they support "most" of my same thoughts/feelings. The problem I have about the democrat party....is I have NO IDEA what you guys stand for? I specifically asked what YOUR PARTY will do for SS...and I'm met with "I don't have the time". Do you really think that is going to open my eyes to other issues? Do you think DMC...by saying "I really dont want to get into it.. Even though you may not think so - Your still a kid... You got a lot of living to do - and your opionions will change about certain things over time... "....why don't you want to get into it? If you guys want me to see your side....present it...show me where my thoughts are flawed....or better yet perhaps I'll see your point!

When I have people calling me names, telling me I'm young and I don't understand....this doesn't help me see your side at all. This goes for the democratic party as well. I don't understand where you're coming from...BECAUSE YOU WON'T EXPLIAN YOUR POINTS. EVER SINGLE DEMOCRAT I ever speak to just reverts back to oil/Cheney/Iraq the same old rants. Tell me about your party....why should I even consider your party? Normally....I take silence as not having anything to say....maybe that's the case...maybe there is no reasons for me to consider looking into the democratic party more than I have?

Little known facts:
1.) I'm not very hard right....it's mostly that many of you are hard left and it makes me look more conservative.
2.) I'm not very religious. I do not go to church every sunday. However, I am catholic and I do believe in god.

E
And if nothing is done by 2029, there will be a deficit in the Social Security trust fund, which will either require -- if you just wait until then -- a huge tax increase in the payroll tax, or just about a 25 percent cut in Social Security benefits. And let me say today, Social Security -- I want to put that in, too, because I want you all to start thinking about this -- Social Security was conceived as giving a floor for life. It is not enough to sustain the standard of living of almost any retiree retiring today.
Jib, you treat this like such a black and white issue. Seriously, step outside the boundaries of the Rupublican/Democratic parties and I think you'll find that your political interactions with us could be so much more entertaining and less aggravating. You treat many of us like we are some kind of programmed robots unable to think outside the “Democratic” box. Seriously man, it really bothers me that all you seem to do is brand me and others here as a Left wing Democrat when you don’t know the first thing about my political preferences. If you really want to know what the Democratic party stands for then read about it just like you obviously do about the Republican party. I’m talking actually read about it, not just do a Google search for “Democratic idiots.” You are one of the most obstinate people on this board, however I feel that if you should ever to decide to join in on some outside of the box thinking we’d all get along like a bunch of happy little trees in a Bob Ross painting.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:

I'm not trying to be a hardass....Ijust get pissed when everyone is saying I'm young and won't take the time to tell me why they think their party is better for America etc.

GWB made a proposal in the SOU.....but he said he is open to ALL PLANS...so I'm not sure why he's receiving so much hatred from the dems about this?

If he doesn't fix it...who will....when?

E
See thats the thing - Bush seems to be more worried about rushing into things so HE can be the President that "fixed/ruined" social security - he's desperate for a positive legacy.....

Right now - he's probably going to be known as the president who started a horrible war under false pretenses that ended up killing thousands of americans and Iraqis.. While the people that actually attacked us on 911 are sipping tea somewhere..

I don't have to say anything to you when you get like this... Half the time you don't even read my points... And blast me..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

RJSVermont wrote:

Little known facts:

E
Jib, you treat this like such a black and white issue. Seriously, step outside the boundaries of the Rupublican/Democratic parties and I think you'll find that your political interactions with us could be so much more entertaining and less aggravating. You treat many of us like we are some kind of programmed robots unable to think outside the “Democratic” box. Seriously man, it really bothers me that all you seem to do is brand me and others here as a Left wing Democrat when you don’t know the last thing about my political preferences. If you really want to know what the Democratic party stands for then read about it just like you obviously do about the Republican party. I’m talking actually read about it, not just do a Google search for “Democratic idiots.” You are one of the most obstinate people on this board, however I feel that if you should ever to decide to join in on some outside of the box thinking we’d all get along like a bunch of happy little trees in a Bob Ross painting.
Your right....we would get along. Perhaps I do come across as a hardass. I think there is no one better to learn about the democratic party than its own members. However, from what I've seen with democrats name calling, and the negativity given towards GWB for the successful Iraqi vote...just bothers me. I don't understand why the democratic party must name call and never EVER give GWB ANY credit....just doesn't make sense. I have agreed about several democratic views/policies before and I would never talk badly about a person just because they're democrat. If Kerry was changing SS...I'd be FOR him doing it too. I am for whats best for me, my family, and the US. I just don't see many things good coming from the democratic party lately.....just "doom and gloom".

E

By the way....

This quote bellow was from a speech clinton gave on SS in 1998
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

RJSVermont wrote:

Little known facts:

E
Jib, you treat this like such a black and white issue. Seriously, step outside the boundaries of the Rupublican/Democratic parties and I think you'll find that your political interactions with us could be so much more entertaining and less aggravating. You treat many of us like we are some kind of programmed robots unable to think outside the “Democratic” box. Seriously man, it really bothers me that all you seem to do is brand me and others here as a Left wing Democrat when you don’t know the first thing about my political preferences. If you really want to know what the Democratic party stands for then read about it just like you obviously do about the Republican party. I’m talking actually read about it, not just do a Google search for “Democratic idiots.” You are one of the most obstinate people on this board, however I feel that if you should ever to decide to join in on some outside of the box thinking we’d all get along like a bunch of happy little trees in a Bob Ross painting.
I think everyone in here is full of sh*t... and if you disagree you are definately full of sh*t. :P
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Pedro wrote:
RJSVermont wrote:

Little known facts:

E
I think everyone in here is full of sh*t... and if you disagree you are definately full of sh*t. :P
I disagree. I have proof that I am not full of sh*t.

My eyes are Blue ! So there ! :P
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

Pedro wrote:

Damned if you do and damned if you do. (No pun intended)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC wrote: See thats the thing - Bush seems to be more worried about rushing into things so HE can be the President that "fixed/ruined" social security - he's desperate for a positive legacy.....

Right now - he's probably going to be known as the president who started a horrible war under false pretenses that ended up killing thousands of americans and Iraqis.. While the people that actually attacked us on 911 are sipping tea somewhere..

I don't have to say anything to you when you get like this... Half the time you don't even read my points... And blast me..
First....I always read your points....if I missed a few in the past, I'm sorry.

We don't know how Bush will be rememberd. So I'm not going to bother saying anything about that....we still don't know how the war will turn out.

I am not getting like "this"....I'm simply stating my opinion. Of course I'm only met with negativity for the most part.

I don't think I ever "blasted" you...I think I did maybe once. I never call you names, I'm never disrespectful to you, nor your views. I simply think of these discussion as nothing more then debates.

E
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Dr. NO wrote:
Pedro wrote:
RJSVermont wrote:

Little known facts:

E
I disagree. I have proof that I am not full of sh*t.

My eyes are Blue ! So there ! :P
sh*t, my eyes are brown, I must be full of sh*t.

Hope you're not trying to learn about democrats from me XJ. I'm not a democrat. Nor am I a liberal. And Bush and most of today's so called
Republicans aren't really Republicans either, but that's another story.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BigKahuna13 wrote: Hope you're not trying to learn about democrats from me XJ. I'm not a democrat. Nor am I a liberal. And Bush and most of today's so called
Republicans aren't really Republicans either, but that's another story.
Well...from what I know Republicans are Republicans...then again I've only recently sparked an interest in Politics....since march 2004 actually.

E