State of The Union

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote: Hope you're not trying to learn about democrats from me XJ. I'm not a democrat. Nor am I a liberal. And Bush and most of today's so called
Republicans aren't really Republicans either, but that's another story.
Well...from what I know Republicans are Republicans...then again I've only recently sparked an interest in Politics....since march 2004 actually.

E

:P :P :P It really isn't bad to be a kid... You still have time to formulate your opinions based upon life changing events that are just around the corner... I'm not swaying you to change parties at all...

Just saying your lucky... Someday you'll be a hardened (insert party affiliation here) .. If I was your age at this moment in time - who knows - maybe I would feel the same way you do...

I blame the Sex Pistols... :)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote: Hope you're not trying to learn about democrats from me XJ. I'm not a democrat. Nor am I a liberal. And Bush and most of today's so called
Well...from what I know Republicans are Republicans...then again I've only recently sparked an interest in Politics....since march 2004 actually.

E
I think it would be more correct to state that the Republican Party is not as Conservative as most people would like it to be. That, and the more LEFT the Democrat Party goes, the more RIGHT the Repulican Party appears. ME? Well, I'm a registered Republican, but I still think they spend way too much and in all the wrong places.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

E
I think it would be more correct to state that the Republican Party is not as Conservative as most people would like it to be. That, and the more LEFT the Democrat Party goes, the more RIGHT the Repulican Party appears. ME? Well, I'm a registered Republican, but I still think they spend way too much and in all the wrong places.
Agreed. I'm really not that far to the right....I'm fairly close to "the fench" on a lot of issues. I think Bush ia fairly hard right....people like McCain I think are closer to my views.

E
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

E

:P :P :P It really isn't bad to be a kid... You still have time to formulate your opinions based upon life changing events that are just around the corner... I'm not swaying you to change parties at all...

Just saying your lucky... Someday you'll be a hardened (insert party affiliation here) .. If I was your age at this moment in time - who knows - maybe I would feel the same way you do...

I blame the Sex Pistols... :)
Personally I feel sorry for anyone who becomes so much the ideologue that they can't change their opinions on something even at our advanced age.

The day I

a) can't get it up ..or..
b) become so ossified that I can't see both sides of an argument

is the day you can plant me in the ground.

Dr. NO wrote:I think it would be more correct to state that the Republican Party is not as Conservative as most people would like it to be. That, and the more LEFT the Democrat Party goes, the more RIGHT the Repulican Party appears.
The RIGHT doesn't appear more right. They ARE more RIGHT. Sadly both parties are tending towards the extreme these days and both have more than their fair share of sh*t-spewing idiots.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Personally I feel sorry for anyone who becomes so much the ideologue that they can't change their opinions on something even at our advanced age.
I tend to modify my opinions based upon current events... Flip flop???

For instance 911... I became a little more conservative after that... But I think I'm back top "tree hugger" status now...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:Personally I feel sorry for anyone who becomes so much the ideologue that they can't change their opinions on something even at our advanced age.
I tend to do the same....there just hasn't been a debate or example posted here for me to alter or switch my opinion.

I am undecided on abortion and I don't think gay marriage should be illegal.

So I do have views that are not of "party line" views.

E
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
I tend to do the same....there just hasn't been a debate or example posted here for me to alter or switch my opinion.

Also the whole 420 thing...

E
I like guns... Some liberal friends find that strange...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:

E
Forgot about that....the 420 thing will happen, it WILL be legalized. If you think about it...if it is legalized the gov't could tax it and help the SS crisis :D But this is a "theory" of mine haha

E
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:

E
Forgot about that....the 420 thing will happen, it WILL be legalized. If you think about it...if it is legalized the gov't could tax it and help the SS crisis :D But this is a "theory" of mine haha

E
We were talking about that theory back in 1979... :)

It's age old... And as long as we have a conservative government... It will never happen...
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:

E

E
I think there are too many hardcore conservatives that wouldnt let that happen.....man america would be so slow.......
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote: I tend to modify my opinions based upon current events... Flip flop???

E

E

It's age old... And as long as we have a conservative government... It will never happen...
True...unfortunatly...I don't feel THAT strongly about it to vote in a different fashion....it's just a dream...

"I have a dream....." haha

E
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

By 420 thing, I take it you mean Mary Jane? So, here is a few senerios.

1st, Ted Kennedy gets taxes passed on Cigarettes to help the education systems.

2nd, congress and local authorities make it near impossible to smoke, reducing the revenues generated for education, but already spent.

3rd, grass becomes legal and is taxed for education or what ever.

4th, due to smoking and other side affects (work hazards etc.) limits are put on it like alcohol, and revnue drops forcing other taxes to be raised to cover spending already in the budget.

Love the vicious cycle !
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: I tend to do the same....there just hasn't been a debate or example posted here for me to alter or switch my opinion.

E

E

True...unfortunatly...I don't feel THAT strongly about it to vote in a different fashion....it's just a dream...

"I have a dream....." haha

E
The real question is.... does Philp Morris have the Jackpot lever they pull when Pro mary jane legislation is passed, where the floor drops out and up pops the weedies factory.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Dr. NO wrote:By 420 thing, I take it you mean Mary Jane? So, here is a few senerios.

1st, Ted Kennedy gets taxes passed on Cigarettes to help the education systems.

2nd, congress and local authorities make it near impossible to smoke, reducing the revenues generated for education, but already spent.

3rd, grass becomes legal and is taxed for education or what ever.

4th, due to smoking and other side affects (work hazards etc.) limits are put on it like alcohol, and revnue drops forcing other taxes to be raised to cover spending already in the budget.

Love the vicious cycle !
Thousand of people freed from prisons - all the money save goes into shoring up Social Security.. :)
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Pedro wrote:The real question is.... does Philp Morris have the Jackpot lever they pull when Pro mary jane legislation is passed, where the floor drops out and up pops the weedies factory.

They already own vast parcels of land in South America for just this scenario. They would be in production before the ink on the legislation dried.