Iran - 'next steps'

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

Iran - 'next steps'

Post by DMC »

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said today that Iran must live up to its international obligations to halt its nuclear program or the next steps are in the offing. "And I think everybody understands what the 'next steps' mean," Rice told reporters after a meeting with NATO foreign ministers and European Union officials. In his state of the union address, President Bush singled out Iran as "the world's primary state sponsor of terror -- pursuing nuclear weapons."
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02 ... index.html
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

I'm just thinking out loud here... - It would be really tough for us to go to another front. I've gotta think our military is stretched pretty thin right now.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

SkiDork wrote:I'm just thinking out loud here... - It would be really tough for us to go to another front. I've gotta think our military is stretched pretty thin right now.
We'll probably bomb the living sht out of them....
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

DMC wrote:
SkiDork wrote:I'm just thinking out loud here... - It would be really tough for us to go to another front. I've gotta think our military is stretched pretty thin right now.
yeah, thats always been an option...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC wrote:
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to knock out some nuclear weapons manufacturing site, bombing would probably work fine, assuming you can find the site.

If on the other hand you want to do anything more ambitious than that, you're gonna need people on the ground, which we probably can't do right now given our other committments.

Remember GW1. We essentially bombed Iraq and her military back to the stone age and we still needed to send ground forces in -- even if it was just for a hundred hours.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to knock out some nuclear weapons manufacturing site, bombing would probably work fine, assuming you can find the site.

If on the other hand you want to do anything more ambitious than that, you're gonna need people on the ground, which we probably can't do right now given our other committments.

Remember GW1. We essentially bombed Iraq and her military back to the stone age and we still needed to send ground forces in -- even if it was just for a hundred hours.
True BUT arent the Iranians on the cusp of being moderate...? Even though there's a theocracy there's a movement to modernize and be democratic.. Wonder if we took out the government if the masses would step up a little faster then the Iraqis...
Thought I read something about that...
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

"Moderate."

That's good.

All that matters is that they are against us and they are on the verge of obtaining a capability that we fear. We will kill them for no more reason than that...

...if the Israeli's don't beat us to it.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:

Evil Doug.........I like evil doug......
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

yeti wrote:"Moderate."

That's good.
They are. Compared to say Pol Pot. See it's all relative.

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
yeti wrote:"Moderate."

That's good.
They are. Compared to say Pol Pot. See it's all relative.
Or compared to the Taliban or Sadam...
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:
DMC wrote:

Evil Doug.........I like evil doug......
Not that I'm for it or against it...
Just sayin... :)
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Pol Pot did not give two shits about what went on outside of his little parcel of hell. As long as he got to throw Year Zero parties clubbing teachers and lawyers to death out in the rice patties, he was content and no threat to his neighbors.
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

Don't bring Pol Pot into this. We paralleled his grotesque violence many times over. Ever hear of East Timor?
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Bomb bomb bomb...bomb bomb iran

Bomb bomb bomb...bomb bomb iran
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

ski_adk wrote:Don't bring Pol Pot into this. We paralleled his grotesque violence many times over. Ever hear of East Timor?
Please enlighten me. What exactly did we do in East Timor that parallels what Pol Pot did?