Secret tapes reveal future president's marijuana use

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

Secret tapes reveal future president's marijuana use

Post by DMC »

I love this shiznit... Even if it isnt true... It's still funny...

http://www.kwwl.com/Global/story.asp?S=2973876

"NEW YORK A published report says President Bush apparently acknowledged trying marijuana in his younger days during a conversation with a friend. Doug Wead secretly recorded at least a dozen talks with Bush between 1998 and the summer of 2000, when Bush was governor of Texas."
DoubleD
Black Carver

Re: Secret tapes reveal future president's marijuana use

Post by DoubleD »

DMC wrote:I love this shiznit... Even if it isnt true... It's still funny...

"NEW YORK A published report says President Bush apparently acknowledged trying marijuana in his younger days during a conversation with a friend. Doug Wead secretly recorded at least a dozen talks with Bush between 1998 and the summer of 2000, when Bush was governor of Texas."
Sorry, haven't seen or heard of this one. Whether its true or not... if the pres is outed by some guy named Doug Wead, it's too good not to be true.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Secret tapes reveal future president's marijuana use

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DoubleD wrote:
DMC wrote:I love this shiznit... Even if it isnt true... It's still funny...

Sorry, haven't seen or heard of this one. Whether its true or not... if the pres is outed by some guy named Doug Wead, it's too good not to be true.
It doesn't specifically state that the president did drugs...only that he didn't make good judgements when he was young. The white house has not denied it.

DMC...I didn't read your article (I'm busy)...I just regurgitated what I remember reading

E
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

"I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions, You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Hmmm, but doesn't this make him a better president?
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

Pedro wrote:Hmmm, but doesn't this make him a better president?
I guess it would if he were an intern violating liberal president. But he chose the moral ticket. So now I guess he’s just the world’s most powerful hypocrite.
Some things just can't be bought......
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Well kinda.... I guess....

But - to me it's just one more thing he's lied or held unaccountable about...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC wrote:"I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions, You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."
Opps....guess it did. The article I wrote didn't have that in it....damn metro.
How did he lie? Unaccountable...I'll give you that...but how should he be held accountable?

E
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:"I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions, You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."
Opps....guess it did. The article I wrote didn't have that in it....damn metro.
How did he lie? Unaccountable...I'll give you that...but how should he be held accountable?

E
By publically admitting to his mistakes and moving on...

He denied drug use in the first campaign... Or he refused to address it by dodging the facts - even though everyone knows he used to (((snifff sniff))

Of course he wont... Just like when people were accussing him of his DUI - which he repeatedly denied in public... Until court papers were dug up....

BTW - Chaney has 2 DUIs on his record too.... But he was young... Not 30 like GWB...
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

RJSVermont wrote:
I guess it would if he were an intern violating liberal president. But he chose the moral ticket. So now I guess he’s just the world’s most powerful hypocrite.
I have no issues with intern sex or weed. :P
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

Pedro wrote: I have no issues with intern sex or weed. :P
Hell, it'd be even better if the intern brought the stuff with her.

And oh yeah, the only thing that peeves me about GWB's inhalations is that if one of his opponents had something like this dug up on them, they'd be crucified for it. Instead, this is just swept under the rug and forgotten about by the Neocon media ("liberal" media my ass). To be honest though, this "shocking revelation" doesn't change how I feel about GWB...I always felt he was a dishonest fraud to begin with.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4109&n=1

May they institute this as policy for our own good...
TrailRider
Blue Chatterbox

Post by TrailRider »

There are legends abound regarding W's cocaine and drinking. Now with the recent tell-all book talking about him doing lines up at Camp David. I'm sure he burned a few and then some.