F911

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

F911

Post by DMC »

Finally saw it last night..

Interesting..
Totally made the Bushies look like idiots...

Moore does some funny shti....
-Like trying to get congressmen to sign their kids up for sevice in Iraq...
-Following Marine recruiters around a mall parking lot...

The whole part with the mom who lost her kid in a Blackhawk. Was very sad... When she almost collapses outside the Whitehouse - I felt terrible for her... Even though she seemed like a typicla "drama queen" it still hit me hard...

The part with GWB entertaining the Taliban in Texas after they were implicated in helping Al Quida was very disturbing... Never knew that and want to follow up on it...

Also found the fact that the Saudis own a large portion of economy disturbing as well...

Soundtrack was really good...
Don't worry... It didnt make me disslike our current administration any more...
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: F911

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:Finally saw it last night..

Interesting..
Totally made the Bushies look like idiots...
Laughed my ass off when they showed the Bush Vacation Sequence.
DMC wrote:
Moore does some funny shti....
-Like trying to get congressmen to sign their kids up for sevice in Iraq...
I enjoyed that part....

Unforunately the truth was stretched and distorted a few times in that movie, so i cant say that theat was a legitmate doucmentary.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:Unforunately the truth was stretched and distorted a few times in that movie, so i cant say that theat was a legitmate doucmentary.
I realize that... And it's the reason why I waited to see it until after the election.. Didnt want the conservative set to use it against me...

The parts I know to be true still disturb me...
very much...
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:Unforunately the truth was stretched and distorted a few times in that movie, so i cant say that theat was a legitmate doucmentary.
I realize that... And it's the reason why I waited to see it until after the election.. Didnt want the conservative set to use it against me...

very much...
Still haven't seen it (or Last Temptation for that matter). Must be the only person in the country who hasn't......
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:

very much...
Still haven't seen it (or Last Temptation for that matter). Must be the only person in the country who hasn't......
Ditto
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

Ditto
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:

very much...
Ditto....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

I have no intention of seeing the Last Temptation...
I know the story from the bible..

Not some 19th century, stigmatic nun's vision of violence and suffering....
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

DMC wrote:I have no intention of seeing the Last Temptation...

why did we bring up that flick, isn't the one mentioned last night "The Passion" Kahuna?

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

SkiDork wrote:

why did we bring up that flick, isn't the one mentioned last night "The Passion" Kahuna?
Sorry - meant the Passion...
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

DMC wrote:
SkiDork wrote:

it was Kahuna who made the original mistake...

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

SkiDork wrote:it was Kahuna who made the original mistake...
I thought Adam and Eve did that...? :)
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

Yes there was a lot of Michael Moore anti-bush propaganda there, but what do you honestly expect. I watch “Documentaries” like that with an open mind, just because I like to at least hear other points of view. I thought the part where the woman was in Washington DC to speak about her son’s death in Iraq was very sad more so because that bitch had the nerve to challenge whether her son really did die. Some people……
Some things just can't be bought......
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

SkiDork wrote:
DMC wrote:
SkiDork wrote:

it was Kahuna who made the original mistake...
Yup I f**ked up. Meant the Gibson movie
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Slap Shot
Blue Chatterbox

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

You may be interested in reading about the 59 Deceits in "Fahrenheit 9/11" here:

http://www.davekopel.org/Terror/Fiftysi ... it-911.htm

The Bush vacations are explained in Deceits 6 and 7.

The part about the Saudis owning a large portion of the U.S. economy is in Deceits 23 and 24.

The part with GWB supporting the Taliban is in Deceit 31.

I think it's interesting that Deceit 59 states:

"As reported in the trade journal Screen Daily, affiliates of the Iranian and Syrian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah are promoting "Fahrenheit 9/11", and Moore's Middle East distributor, Front Row, is accepting the terrorist assistance."

You may also want to consider watching "Fahrenhype 9/11", for I think it's interesting about the interviews with the American GIs in "Fahrenhype 9/11" in contrast with "Fahrenheit 9/11."

In "Fahrenheit 9/11", Sgt. Peter Damon in a Walter Reed hospital bed with his arms amputated said, "Like I still feel that I have hands, and the pain is like my hands are being crushed by a vice. But they do a lot to help it and they take a lot of the edge off it and it makes it a lot more tolerable."

In "Fahrenhype 9/11", Sgt. Peter Damon speaks with a different tone. He said, "I joined the guard when I was 27 years old. We were putting a brand new wheel on; the rim exploded killing Paul Bush and severing my arms. I've never met Michael Moore. Michael Moore has never been to Walter Reed. I know that for a fact. The segment that they used in "Fahrenheit 9/11" was me describing to Brian Williams the sensation of pain and how the pain feels. The point is that I was describing how the pain felt like if I wasn't on the medication... it was really taken out of context."

"I felt like my rights have been violated. I don't see how someone could just put someone's image up any way they want in a film without asking for consent. My buddy died and I'd hate to think that he died for nothing. He died for a cause, and I think Michael Moore is dishonoring all of the service men in this movie. I don't need him to speak up for me. I have my own voice. I can't see how he can say that he loves America when he does stuff like that to the military. To the men and women who defend his right to make movies such as this. There's not one positive image of a soldier being portrayed in this movie at all."

"Congressman McDerment says that they're leaving all type of veterans behind, which couldn't be further from the truth. I'm being taken care of very well by the government and the public as well."

The latter part of the film shows some family members of soldiers who were on "Fahrenheit 9/11", and they said that they were completely disgusted on how Moore included them in the film without their consent making it look like their sons supported his beliefs when they didn't.

-- Slap Shot