FEMA

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

FEMA

Post by rubigirl »

Even as things get better FEMA refuses to release its stranglehold on Killington. :beat
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Re: FEMA

Post by JerseyGuy »

rubigirl wrote:Even as things get better FEMA refuses to release its stranglehold on Killington. :beat
Elaborate, please?
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

FEMA seized control of the area from the local authorities this afternoon with no news on when they plan to give it back either..
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

So your complaint is what, exactly? That the local authorities can take it from here?
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"Go f*** yourself."
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

Yes they can. This sudden state dependence on FEMA is pathetic. Our National Guard is quite capable as are the rest of the people of this state. FEMA is just posturing to make the agency seem needed. Ron Paul is right FEMA does not know our towns and communities better than we do and it needs to get the hell out of the way and let those who know the area pick up the pieces.
skiersleft
Powderhound

Post by skiersleft »

rubigirl wrote:Yes they can. This sudden state dependence on FEMA is pathetic. Our National Guard is quite capable as are the rest of the people of this state. FEMA is just posturing to make the agency seem needed. Ron Paul is right FEMA does not know our towns and communities better than we do and it needs to get the hell out of the way and let those who know the area pick up the pieces.
Admins can you please advise poster to take this to the Political Forums?
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

A conversation about FEMA cannot help but be political its a government agency.....hello :beat
millerm277
Postaholic

Post by millerm277 »

skiersleft wrote:
rubigirl wrote:Yes they can. This sudden state dependence on FEMA is pathetic. Our National Guard is quite capable as are the rest of the people of this state. FEMA is just posturing to make the agency seem needed. Ron Paul is right FEMA does not know our towns and communities better than we do and it needs to get the hell out of the way and let those who know the area pick up the pieces.
Admins can you please advise poster to take this to the Political Forums?
+1 Unless there is some specific problem they're causing, I can't see how the presence of the agency that has frequent experience in dealing with natural disasters AND has money that locals certainly don't, is a bad thing.
skiersleft
Powderhound

Post by skiersleft »

rubigirl wrote:A conversation about FEMA cannot help but be political its a government agency.....hello :beat
Thanks for proving my point. Admins, as per poster's admission, please move this to the political discussion forums.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Fair enough. You don't get any Federal money, either. Dependence on that cash would, after all, be equally as "pathetic", right? Get FEMA and their money the hell out of the way!

"Go f*** yourself."
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Never mind. I forgot that "Rubigirl" was THIS Rubigirl:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18747&start=30

Have the black UN / FEMA helicopters arrived yet?
Last edited by JerseyGuy on Sep 1st, '11, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

"Go f*** yourself."
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

JerseyGuy wrote:
Fair enough. You don't get any Federal money, either. Dependence on that cash would, after all, be equally as "pathetic", right? Get FEMA and their money the hell out of the way!

I fail to see the merit of this argument either. Where do you think that Federal money came from in the first place.......aside from being printed out of thin air by Bernanke? Pay income taxes much? Seriously, as a Vermont tax payer it is my opinion that if we had kept more of our own hard earned money rather than giving it to the federal government during the 85 years since the last major flood we would have plenty of it in our state coffers to fund the necessary repairs.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

rubigirl wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:

I fail to see the merit of this argument either. Where do you think that Federal money came from in the first place.......aside from being printed out of thin air by Bernanke? Pay income taxes much? Seriously, as a Vermont tax payer it is my opinion that if we had kept more of our own hard earned money rather than giving it to the federal government during the 85 years since the last major flood we would have plenty of it in our state coffers to fund the necessary repairs.
Repairs will costs in the hundreds of millions in Vermont alone. You think you'd have that lying around in your "state coffers"?

"Go f*** yourself."
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

After 85 years of not giving it to the federal government yes I do since it is peanuts compared to $14 trillion the federal government has amassed in debt on which we the people pay 300 times that amount in interest alone annually.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

rubigirl wrote:After 85 years of not giving it to the federal government yes I do since it is peanuts compared to $14 trillion the federal government has amassed in debt on which we the people pay 300 times that amount in interest alone annually.
We pay 300 x $14 trillion annually in interest?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe