Start the Impeachment process

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Start the Impeachment process

Post by madhatter »

Atomic1 wrote:When the Repubs. win the house and Senate what are the chances of Impeachment of Osama ?
ZERO
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

madhatter wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:When the Repubs. win the house and Senate what are the chances of Impeachment of Osama ?
ZERO
Osama was not only impeached, he was removed from office. Obama will not likely be impeached, the political will, particularly in the press, is not there. The prospect of a Biden presidency does not help. In addition, if the press favors Hillary, why would they want to have Biden gain an incumbency?

Far more likely is Obama's policies to come to a vote in a Republican congress. If there is enough public pressure to do things like build the pipeline, roll back the mandate in Healthcare, roll back some of the medical taxes, expand interstate insurers, then either Obama is pressured to sign them, or enough Democrats might flip to overcome the veto.

If not, 2 more years of gridlock.

Immigration and borders - I'm guessing more muddling.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Any hint of starting that process would impact their chances of holding the Senate in 2016 as well as their chances of taking the presidency. Not only won't you hear anything about impeachment (except for a few totally irrational House members and possibly a few talk show folks) but I think you might even find some reasonable bills placed on the President's desk after passage by both houses of Congress. If the Republicans want to hold onto their gains and possibly gain the White House in 2016, they'll have to prove they can govern and not just oppose. It might be more like 1995 with Clinton facing a Republican Congress.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Osama , and only Mr Moose caught on . I typed Osama instead of Obama to see the reaction but the truth is they are both Muslim leaders anyway !
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Atomic1 wrote:Osama , and only Mr Moose caught on . I typed Osama instead of Obama to see the reaction but the truth is they are both Muslim leaders anyway !
just assumed you were referring to hopey as osama... not like it hasn't been done a zillion times before...

as was said above, the LAST thing republicans need to do is pursue impeachment... of course expect obama to make numerous executive decisions that absolutely piss off the republicans in an effort to gin up the hate... the republicans will be left explaining to the media why they are blocking obama;s executive orders ( expect opposition to amnesty to be front and center. more war on women, war on minorities, war on gays you name it...) not obama explaining why he won't sign anything, which of course he won;t...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Today is Obama's day of reckoning. We'll see if there is enough anger over Obama's policies/scandals for the GOP to take the Senate. Hopefully, the Dems loose the Senate so the Republicans can check his agenda. If Obama over plays his hand and signs a radical amnesty executive action I think the Republicans might try and impeach him.
I hope Brown wins in NH and the GOP takes the Senate by a large majority. I fear the Dems can still have an advantage turning out the vote. We'll know tonight. :banana:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Osama , and only Mr Moose caught on . I typed Osama instead of Obama to see the reaction but the truth is they are both Muslim leaders anyway !
just assumed you were referring to hopey as osama... not like it hasn't been done a zillion times before...

as was said above, the LAST thing republicans need to do is pursue impeachment... of course expect obama to make numerous executive decisions that absolutely piss off the republicans in an effort to gin up the hate... the republicans will be left explaining to the media why they are blocking obama;s executive orders ( expect opposition to amnesty to be front and center. more war on women, war on minorities, war on gays you name it...) not obama explaining why he won't sign anything, which of course he won;t...
One thing to remember is that Democrats in Congress have no love for Obama either and will have little use for him these next two years of lame duck status. Some, especially those up for election in 2016 in red and purple states may have an interest in compromise as opposed to confrontation. Of course, we're assuming this afternoon that the Republicans gain a Senate majority. If not, then I would expect more confrontation as both sides position themselves for 2016.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:

One thing to remember is that Democrats in Congress have no love for Obama either and will have little use for him these next two years of lame duck status. Some, especially those up for election in 2016 in red and purple states may have an interest in compromise as opposed to confrontation. true but it will be nearly impossible to get enough votes to over ride a veto or get an actual impeachment. Anything that would be even close to getting over ride votes will be signed I;d guess... In any case there certainly won't be any kind of real bipartisan opposition of enough magnitude to any obama executive orders to prevent it from being painted as republican opposition...While the GOP will try to show that reid was, and now obama is, the true obstructionist(s), expect obama to play the same game and say he needs to " go around" the obstructionists in both houses. The media will likely support this... Of course, we're assuming this afternoon that the Republicans gain a Senate majority. If not, then I would expect more confrontation as both sides position themselves for 2016.
mach es sehr schnell

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

If he continues his lawlessness with Executive Orders, I can see a Republican House Impeaching Obama. The Senate has no back bone for this and the Republicans do not have the votes to Convict and remove him from office, same as Billy Boy. Clinton Lied and abused the system yet the Senate, and many said in the beginning he should resign) would NOT convict him.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I found it interesting how Six Republican United States Senators wrote a letter Wednesday to outgoing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada cautioning that if President Obama acts unilaterally on immigration reform, this will “create a constitutional crisis that demands action by Congress to restore the seperation of powers .
Is this the first threat of Impeachment should Obama try to go around or over the Congress/ Senate ?
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Will not happen as per the following article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Biden.html

A quote from it: 'Only in this case, we're pretty sure we know both devils. And Biden – he's two floppy shoes short of a complete clown outfit. Let's be honest: He's Obama's insurance policy.'
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Obama gives the U.N. $3 Billion to help poor countries with climate change. Where is he getting this money? Our roads and bridges are crumbling... He is an a$$hole.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06 ... r-ransoms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Either way you slice it, there are issues. We don't want to encourage hostage taking by allowing ransoms to be paid, and we also want to allow families more ability to get hostages released. I agree with the President's changes, however, I would not have made a public announcement and would have just gone ahead and changed our approach quietly.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Aiding and abetting the enemy is treason!