Political Civility

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
MarieM
Post Office

Political Civility

Post by MarieM »

Two Singers Call for a Political Truce

Rock singer John Mellencamp, a Democrat, and country singer Travis Tritt, a Republican, have teamed up to record What Say You, a song that makes a plea for political civility. “There’s a positive message and it’s that we should be able to say what is on our minds without suffering repercussions, whether you’re left, right, middle or whatever, and have an intelligent exchange of opinion,” Mellencamp says. “For some reason right now, that’s not happening. I think it’s a terrible place we’re in where people are at each other’s throats over politics.” The duet can be found on Tritt’s latest CD, My Honky Tonk History. “This song is sort of, ‘I have my opinions and I’ll be glad to share them with you, but between the two of us, can’t we find some common ground?’” Tritt says. “That’s the kind of country I want to live in. I thought it was a great message for the time.”

I think they have a good perspective. (And I love the video!)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

I get a kick out of some of the discussions regarding this issue. If you point a finger at someone's carreer and voting record they say you are going NEGATIVE. Hell, it is public record, nothing negative about it, unless it stinks. On the other hand, people should not confuse records and carreer with personal life and hear say.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bill Clinton
Green Skidder

Post by Bill Clinton »

Dr. NO wrote:I get a kick out of some of the discussions regarding this issue. If you point a finger at someone's carreer and voting record they say you are going NEGATIVE. Hell, it is public record, nothing negative about it, unless it stinks. On the other hand, people should not confuse records and carreer with personal life and hear say.
Yeah, thats what I'm talking about Doc.
I got bitches in the living room gettin it on
And, they ain’t leavin til six in the mornin
So what you wanna do, sheeeit
I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bill Clinton wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:I get a kick out of some of the discussions regarding this issue. If you point a finger at someone's carreer and voting record they say you are going NEGATIVE. Hell, it is public record, nothing negative about it, unless it stinks. On the other hand, people should not confuse records and carreer with personal life and hear say.
There is a slight difference about what you did 20 years ago and what you did yesterday in the Oval office, Bill. Not that that was such a bad thing, but then you LIED about it to a grand jury and judge. Not a good idea. Hmm, isn't someone named Martha Stewart serving time for false statements to a federal investigation? Go figure.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Dr. NO wrote:Hmm, isn't someone named Martha Stewart serving time for false statements to a federal investigation? Go figure.
Yeah, but Martha Stewart was on the NY Stock Exchange Board of Directors when all that happened. Politicians are expected to lie. People in fiduciary oversight positions aren't allowed that luxury.
Bill Clinton
Green Skidder

Post by Bill Clinton »

Dr. NO wrote:
Bill Clinton wrote:
There is a slight difference about what you did 20 years ago and what you did yesterday in the Oval office, Bill. Not that that was such a bad thing, but then you LIED about it to a grand jury and judge. Not a good idea. Hmm, isn't someone named Martha Stewart serving time for false statements to a federal investigation? Go figure.
Man that was some mess Doc..I should of known Hillary would find out one way or another. Well gotta run, dedicating the presidential center tonight. We are going to have one kickin' after party if you know what i mean :wink:
I got bitches in the living room gettin it on
And, they ain’t leavin til six in the mornin
So what you wanna do, sheeeit
I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Bill Clinton wrote: Man that was some mess Doc..
Yeah, you should have known better than make a mess on the dress....
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

CAPBOY wrote:
I wonder if that dress will make it into the Smithsonian Museum someday? maybe they should display the famous cigar with it too.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

KingsFourMan wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:
I wonder if that dress will make it into the Smithsonian Museum someday? maybe they should display the famous cigar with it too.
Now why would someone want to see something like that??
Besides - didn't Monica try and get the dress back?
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Re: Political Civility

Post by BigKahuna13 »

MarieM wrote:Two Singers Call for a Political Truce

Rock singer John Mellencamp, a Democrat, and country singer Travis Tritt, a Republican, have teamed up to record What Say You, a song that makes a plea for political civility. “There’s a positive message and it’s that we should be able to say what is on our minds without suffering repercussions, whether you’re left, right, middle or whatever, and have an intelligent exchange of opinion,” Mellencamp says. “For some reason right now, that’s not happening. I think it’s a terrible place we’re in where people are at each other’s throats over politics.” The duet can be found on Tritt’s latest CD, My Honky Tonk History. “This song is sort of, ‘I have my opinions and I’ll be glad to share them with you, but between the two of us, can’t we find some common ground?’” Tritt says. “That’s the kind of country I want to live in. I thought it was a great message for the time.”

I think they have a good perspective. (And I love the video!)
Always wondered whatever happened to the concept of the loyal opposition. These days you're either with us or your anti-American.

Sad.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre