Seven foreign chem engineers caught trespassing at Boston's

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Seven foreign chem engineers caught trespassing at Boston's

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Bubba wrote:We should also remember that Islam is also at "war" within itself, with the fundamentalists of both Sunni and Shiite sects fighting each other more than they are actually attacking the west. There is, in fact, an "Islamic reformation" underway, with the youth of many Islamic countries leading the charge. This will take a few generations to sort out but fundamentalism among Muslims is losing out to modernization for sure.
Sorry Bubba, you got it wrong. The Arab spring and Islamic reformation you are talking about is anything but modernization. The Arab spring is all about the Muslim Brotherhood, supporters of Islamic fundamentalism and a radical, extremist, jihadist movement to conquer the world by means of terrorism, death, destruction and war. The Arab spring is the exact opposite of modernization, for sure. This is what's happening in Syria today, Muslims killing Muslims to install an even more radical and extemist form of Islam than what's already there. The exact same thing has already happened in Egypt and it's spreading throught out the Muslim world. It's already there in Iran, this is clear as day. The youth of many Islamic countries that you say are leading the way in modernization will be killed off, they will be no match for the jidhadist supported by the emerging radical Islamic states forming all over the world. It's getting worse, way worse, not better. This is a simple fact to understand.
History teaches us that most revolutions are followed by a number of years of chaos, at least on some level. The US had its developmental period wherein various institutions arose over time. The French had the same, as have many others. Throwing off the yoke of dictatorship or colonial power most often results in a period of messy growth and development often characterized by two steps forward, one step back. The Arab world is no different. But, time marches on and humankind strives to move forward. (Please, no references to MSNBC.) The power of the Iranian state and others will ebb as has the power of every dictatorship before it. The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has risen as it was the only group in the country with any immediate credibility and organization to replace the Mubarak regime. They are, however, having their own issues now that they're in power. Dictatorial theocracies, in this day and age of modern communication, can only last a generation or two as people have access to information from outside their borders and they're exposed to the "real" world. The power of theocratic or dictatorial states can't withstand the desires of their populace forever. The Soviet Union fell of its own weight. The Chinese regime is loosening the reins a little at a time. South Korea and the Philippines have moved from dictatorship to democracy. So too will Arab dictatorships and Muslim theocracies over time.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:
madhatter wrote:I like the paris history where when the king lied and stole from the populace they cut his head off!
So - back to wishing the President of the United States gets assassinated?
You really scare me with this kind of talk about killing the President.
what ever you can conjure up in that deranged mind of yours to fit your narrative I suppose...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Bubba wrote:Dictatorial theocracies, in this day and age of modern communication, can only last a generation or two as people have access to information from outside their borders and they're exposed to the "real" world.
yup.. Information is power...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:
Bubba wrote:Dictatorial theocracies, in this day and age of modern communication, can only last a generation or two as people have access to information from outside their borders and they're exposed to the "real" world.
and misinformation is how useful idiots like you are controlled... Once you gain the power of comprehension, you can begin to think for yourself, do your own due diligence and... yeah right who am I kidding between the head injury and the progressive brainwashing there's absolutely no hope for you.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

madhatter wrote:
DMC wrote:
and misinformation is how useful idiots like you are controlled... Once you gain the power of comprehension, you can begin to think for yourself, do your own due diligence and... yeah right who am I kidding between the head injury and the progressive brainwashing there's absolutely no hope for you.

You keep thinking that... I hope it gives you some cold comfort....

Information IS power... Deal with it...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:
madhatter wrote:
DMC wrote:

You keep thinking that... I hope it gives you some cold comfort....actually its quite disturbing when people willfully ignore reality in favor of an ideal.

misinformation is the power that drives you unfortunately. you've spent the whole day making the point that the crusades happened and killed a lot of people and eventually ended. pretty common information. outside of that the rest of what you posted was sheer stupidity at best.
mach es sehr schnell

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Bubba wrote: The Soviet Union fell of its own weight. The Chinese regime is loosening the reins a little at a time. South Korea and the Philippines have moved from dictatorship to democracy. So too will Arab dictatorships and Muslim theocracies over time.
The Soviet Union did not fall of its own weight. Its demise was the combination of political policies and the love of freedom and democracy from leaders like Ronald Regan and Margaret Thatcher; religious and philosphical beliefs of Pope John Paul II and others; and ordinary citizens like Lech Welasa and the Solidarity movement to name just some of the factors and forces involved. Although the ultimate failures of communism did play a role in too. It's hard to say the Chinese regime is loosening the reins a little when they are out to dominate the world by cheating and stealing our technology, inudstry and currency. The Korean peninsula and entire region is anything but stable with North Korea more dangerous than ever and on the verge of acquiring nuclear weapons. There is nothing in the history of the Arab world to indicate that their dictators and Islamic extremist are going away. In fact, it's just the opposite, the radicals are here to stay and they are getting more powerfull, not less. This is a religious war, they have been fighting it for 2000 years amongst themselves and the rest of the world and they believe it will take at least another 2000 years before their final victory over the infidels. We must understand the concept of a religious war on Muslim mentality and fundamentalism. It is my belief that this is a great flaw of liberals, peace activist and others, they don't understand the religious context that the war entails. Science and technology is not changing their beliefs, it is making the world even more dangerous when combined with their theocracies where Allah himself is the head of state. Do you think the world is safer when sciene and technology give North Korea and Iran nuclear capabilities, no it's much more dangerous ever.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Saudi 'Religious Police' Warn Anyone Using Twitter Will Go To Hell

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-2 ... ll-go-hell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The head of Saudi Arabia’s religious police has warned citizens against using Twitter, which is rising in popularity among Saudis.
Sheikh Abdul Latif Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh said anyone using social media sites – and especially Twitter – “has lost this world and his afterlife”. Twitter was the platform for those who did not have any platform, he said."

The sheiks comments echo those of the imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca in April who used his sermon – seen by millions on TV – to warn that Twitter was a threat to national unity, our correspondent says.

Earlier, Saudi Arabia’s grand mufti, the kingdom’s most senior Muslim cleric, had dismissed Twitter users as “fools”.
mach es sehr schnell

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

madhatter wrote:
DMC wrote:
madhatter wrote:
DMC wrote:

You keep thinking that... I hope it gives you some cold comfort....actually its quite disturbing when people willfully ignore reality in favor of an ideal.

misinformation is the power that drives you unfortunately. you've spent the whole day making the point that the crusades happened and killed a lot of people and eventually ended. pretty common information. outside of that the rest of what you posted was sheer stupidity at best.
Your buddy Bubba did as well.. Learn...
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

DMC wrote:
I'm not ignoring reality, in fact, I'm facing it directly. I look at history as a continuum in which the demands for freedom and improvement of life eventually roll over those who stand it its way. It ain't pretty and sure ain't easy, but it's the lesson of history.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Bubba wrote:
DMC wrote:
I'm not ignoring reality, in fact, I'm facing it directly. I look at history as a continuum in which the demands for freedom and improvement of life eventually roll over those who stand it its way. It ain't pretty and sure ain't easy, but it's the lesson of history.
I couldn't agree more..
That's why it's so interesting to me..

My Japanese host was very uncomfortable about taking me to Hiroshima last year. I basically said the above..
I needed to go and "face it directly".. And I'm glad I did. Because there's two different tellings of the story of Hiroshima.
All the same facts - just different in what's told and how..
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:
Bubba wrote:
DMC wrote:
I couldn't agree more..

My Japanese host was very uncomfortable about taking me to Hiroshima last year. I basically said the above..
I needed to go and "face it directly".. And I'm glad I did. Because there's two different tellings of the story of Hiroshima.
hehhhhhhhhhhhh???

we all know the one where the USA dropped a huge bomb on hiroshima, and then another one on nagasaki a few days later that forced the japanese to surrender. Maybe you can fill us in on the other "telling"?
mach es sehr schnell

steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Attachments
apocalypse_now-10418.jpg
apocalypse_now-10418.jpg (6.85 KiB) Viewed 950 times
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

madhatter wrote:
DMC wrote:
Bubba wrote:
DMC wrote:
I couldn't agree more..

hehhhhhhhhhhhh???

we all know the one where the USA dropped a huge bomb on hiroshima, and then another one on nagasaki a few days later that forced the japanese to surrender. Maybe you can fill us in on the other "telling"?
The Japanese more talk about personal details...

Not every story is told the same way...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

In a gesture of inclusiveness and tolerance I submit the following. Not original was forwarded to me, but thought I would share it....well, because I care.

I am perplexed that so many people are against a mosque being built
at Ground Zero. I think it should be the goal of every American to be
tolerant. Thus the Mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote
tolerance.

That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the
mosque, thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque. We could call
one of the clubs, "The Turban Cowboy", which would be gay, and the other a
topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent
to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant, called
" Iraq o' Ribs."

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps
Nothing Secret," with sexy mannequins with short burkas
in the window modeling the goods.

Next door to the lingerie shop, a liquor store called "Morehammered."

All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they
demand of us, so the mosque problem would be solved.

If you agree with promoting tolerance, and you think this is a good plan,
please pass it on for the sake of tolerance.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage