MORE Media BIAS

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

MORE Media BIAS

Post by Atomic1 »

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/12/why-i ... von-martin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: MORE Media BIAS

Post by Bubba »

The four are under arrest and charged. Why should this be national news or news of any kind outside its local area? The Zimmerman case became news BECAUSE there was no charge.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Bubba wrote:The four are under arrest and charged. Why should this be national news or news of any kind outside its local area? The Zimmerman case became news BECAUSE there was no charge.
Why not report it, instead of the same Zimmerman/Trayvon b.s. over and over ..........
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/o ... -in-common" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and it doesn't stop there either, here's the state dept caught red-handed ( and admitting to) altering tape to it's advantage...after pretending it was a technical "glitch"...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06 ... leted.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“There was a deliberate request [to delete the footage] – this wasn’t a technical glitch,” State Department spokesman John Kirby said Wednesday, in admitting that an unidentified official had a video editor “excise” the segment.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... oning.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.caintv.com/hey-media-theyre-not-protests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

According to U.S. District Court Judge Thomas Flannery, this is how it played out:(1) Trump extended offers of employment to all Eastern employees based upon their seniority status; (2) Beattie was an Eastern pilot possessing the requisite seniority; (3) Trump declined to hire Beattie based upon his unavailability on the specified commencement date; and (4) Beattie’s unavailability was caused by his military commitment.
therefore:
Third Veteran Dumped By Trump Because Of Military Service
Col. Charles Beattie served in Vietnam, but was denied a job with Trump Shuttle because of his military service.
and there ya have it, trump chose not to hire a pilot who wouldn't be available to fly the plane he hired him to fly on the date he needed him to fly it...what a dick...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... 752dcd08cf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
According to U.S. District Court Judge Thomas Flannery, this is how it played out:(1) Trump extended offers of employment to all Eastern employees based upon their seniority status; (2) Beattie was an Eastern pilot possessing the requisite seniority; (3) Trump declined to hire Beattie based upon his unavailability on the specified commencement date; and (4) Beattie’s unavailability was caused by his military commitment.
therefore:
Col. Charles Beattie served in Vietnam, but was denied a job with Trump Shuttle because of his military service.
and there ya have it, trump chose not to hire a pilot who wouldn't be available to fly the plane he hired him to fly on the date he needed him to fly it...what a dick...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... 752dcd08cf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Let's look a little deeper:
Yet in at least three cases, Trump’s companies have either fired, or refused to hire, military reservists because of the time commitments demanded of them by their service in the armed forces. The veterans involved have sued Trump for violating the laws meant to protect them from precisely these types of penalties. And in all three cases, Trump and his companies have settled the suits.
And...
In response to Beattie’s legal claim, Trump’s lawyers argued that Beattie had been denied a job because he was “unavailable,” not because he was a reservist. They also claimed that Beattie’s attendance at the Army college was “voluntary,” and therefore not a real military “obligation.” The judge threw out these arguments. According to case files, Beattie’s case was settled with a consent judgment in November of 1991.
Granted, Trump could've settled to avoid further expenses and, granted that HuffPo has a Democrat bias. Nonetheless, this case by the plaintiff clearly had merit.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
therefore:

Let's look a little deeper:
Yet in at least three cases, Trump’s companies have either fired, or refused to hire, military reservists because of the time commitments demanded of them by their service in the armed forces. The veterans involved have sued Trump for violating the laws meant to protect them from precisely these types of penalties. And in all three cases, Trump and his companies have settled the suits.
And...
In response to Beattie’s legal claim, Trump’s lawyers argued that Beattie had been denied a job because he was “unavailable,” not because he was a reservist. They also claimed that Beattie’s attendance at the Army college was “voluntary,” and therefore not a real military “obligation.” The judge threw out these arguments. According to case files, Beattie’s case was settled with a consent judgment in November of 1991.
Granted, Trump could've settled to avoid further expenses and, granted that HuffPo has a Democrat bias. Nonetheless, this case by the plaintiff clearly had merit.
sure under the letter of the law it probably did, in reality though how can you fly the plane if you aren't able to be there on the day it needs to be flown? we're not talking covering a shift at the convenience store here.... I'm all for the law requiring returning vets to have their jobs back, but I dunno exactly how this could have been settled other than via a "settlement" ( ie cash payment) seeing as to hire him would also mean hiring another pilot to actually fly the plane, or ground the plane....also not sure this is really where we want our laws to take us nor am I sure that trump did anything that could or should be construed as illegitimate...he wasn't fired or "refused" hire unless every person who ever applied and didn't get a job can be considered as refused...as far as I can tell he was " not chosen"... if this is the worst thing trump has ever done he's a better man than most people...

here's the other two:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... zlc7db1emi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I specifically told you NOT to contact your old clients. Jeff was in the office when we had the discussion. I also emphatically stated that you were not to contact your old clients. You are so concerned about your closings that do not exist, that your employment is in jeopardy. I told you that I put your former client into a deal that has not closed and would give it to you.

It is apparent that you do not listen to instructions. You are to report to my office tomorrow before you do anything. You have been here less than three months (deducting your time off for the Air Force Reserve). I find it insulting that you would make a request to be paid for time you did not work and/or personal time you did not earn.

You are still on probation. With all of your absences and inability to adhere to specific instructions, you force me to reevaluate your position with the Trump Institute.
fired for insubordination after his return from duty, not sure I like the redistribution of former clients and the "noncompete/ no contact" language BUT someone had to service those accts while he was away....if he was being paid for any residuals from them due him I don't see a problem though, the insubordination is definitely grounds for termination in a hire at will situation...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... 5?csq69a4i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the deposition, Trump University would claim that Sommer was fired for poor performance. But she said the company was pushing her to work even more hours just before they fired her. She refused and returned home from a vacation trip to learn that she didn’t have a job anymore.

In her employment lawsuit, Sommer recalled, she accused Trump University of firing her because of her military commitments and of discriminating against because of her age (she was in her early 20s at the time).

She said she “won” her case when the company agreed to settle with her, rather than go to trial. “They found that there was probable cause enough to settle,” she said. The exact resolution of the case is covered by a “confidentiality provision,” Trump U’s lawyer noted in the deposition.

trump himself wasn't involved with any of the cases and none of em seem like any kind of "abusive" action taken by trump....

I call BS on all of it, nothing more than a witch hunt... I know the media narrative is to tie the trump university lawsuit to abuse of veterans and charitable donations to make it seem like trump exploited veterans to get rich... anyone w half a brain reading any of the three huffpo articles can easily tell they are opinion driven hit pieces that use "some" facts to support a clearly misleading headline...

definitely qualities as media bias...

and this:

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.
seriously, huffpo already got way more attn from me than it deserves here...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Gotta say Trump looks bad with what I've read on the Trump U case and the above Trump airlines reservist firing. Both are cases of a businessman shooting fast from the hip to make money, which of course is what The Donald does. The first one might be legal, might not, depends on whether fraud is proven. The second is just blatant lack of respect for the military and laws regarding their employment. Trump probably hadn't come across that particular law prior to Trump Airlines (Lots of pilots are reservists) but he should have retracted the firing immediately once notified.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Mister Moose wrote:Gotta say Trump looks bad with what I've read on the Trump U case and the above Trump airlines reservist firing. Both are cases of a businessman shooting fast from the hip to make money, which of course is what The Donald does. The first one might be legal, might not, depends on whether fraud is proven. The second is just blatant lack of respect for the military and laws regarding their employment. Trump probably hadn't come across that particular law prior to Trump Airlines (Lots of pilots are reservists) but he should have retracted the firing immediately once notified.
Trump gets sued all the time. Nobody cares. :roll:
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:Gotta say Trump looks bad with what I've read on the Trump U case and the above Trump airlines reservist firing. Both are cases of a businessman shooting fast from the hip to make money, which of course is what The Donald does. The first one might be legal, might not, depends on whether fraud is proven. The second is just blatant lack of respect for the military and laws regarding their employment. Trump probably hadn't come across that particular law prior to Trump Airlines (Lots of pilots are reservists) but he should have retracted the firing immediately once notified.
where does trump actually fire anyone? it's not him, it's not his office, it's his company taking action and paying for those actions if necessary...I get the name association thing and all that but really most if not all of this is petty, meaningless and not really any kind of an indicator of who trump himself is or how he would act...

trump U may be an amway type pile of crap, but that;s up to you to decide.... lots of people did well w amway...more did not... kinda similar to the outcome of everything else in life, some do well, more do not...go any devry , branford hall or similar and the "hard close" is in full effect...tons of losers came outta them too but some people found value and prospered...

as far as the airlines and vets its not that they are vets that's the problem or why they were not chosen, it's their lack of availability to a business that can't make it without them ( their role being filled appropriately) it's illegal to not hire a pregnant woman either but if you have a 6 mos project you are looking to hire a leader for, a 4 mos pregnant lady less likely to be able to fill the role as well as someone else, thus that person is "less qualified" given that every other thing is exactly the same...protected status should not be an absolute...

the trump shuttle service lasted only a couple years, presumably with pilots who were able to be there at the date and time needed...

one can easily say it makes him "look" bad but the reality is he didn't really do anything "bad"...

on rare occasion I've stuck up for hopey dope ( and others w whom I do not agree) when he was clearly being attacked for the sake of attacking him...hell I even decried banning hwystar as "unKzone-like"...one must at least attempt to have some objectivity here and maybe moose is looking at trump from an anti trump position simply to make the statement that indeed it IS making him look bad...quite different than saying he was "bad"...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-0 ... california" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.caintv.com/josh-earnest-grilled-over-sele" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can't trust anyone in this administration to tell the truth either, while much of the media provides cover ...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-0 ... ve-outrage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... eted-for-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just never ends w these corrupt bastards...

never democrats...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell