Healthcare.gov

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Healthcare.gov

Post by madhatter »

holy crap when do we all agree this has been a disaster?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-1 ... ble-obtain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.gao.gov/assets/680/679671.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A recent "undercover enrollment" investigation conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) found that pretty much anyone can sign up for Obamacare and receive taxpayer funded incentives without having to worry about pesky little details like proving citizenship, identity or income-based needs. In fact, the study found that every single one of its 15 fictitious Obamacare applications were actually approved for coverage despite intentional application omissions, fictitious identification and citizenship documentation, etc. Moreover, all of the applications were also approved for federal subsidies which totaled $60,000 per year.

Per the GAO:

Our undercover testing for the 2016 coverage year found that the eligibility determination and enrollment processes of the federal and state marketplaces we reviewed remain vulnerable to fraud, as we previously reported for the 2014 and 2015 coverage years. For each of our 15 fictitious applications, the marketplaces approved coverage, including for 6 fictitious applicants who had previously obtained subsidized coverage but did not file the required federal income-tax returns. Although IRS provides information to marketplaces on whether health-care applicants have filed required returns, the federal Marketplace and our selected state marketplace allowed applicants to instead attest that they had filed returns, saying the IRS information was not sufficiently current. The marketplaces we reviewed also relaxed documentation standards or extended deadlines for filing required documentation. After initial approval, all but one of our fictitious enrollees maintained subsidized coverage, even though we sent fictitious documents, or no documents, to resolve application inconsistencies.

For each of our 15 fictitious applications, the federal or state-based marketplaces approved coverage at time of application—specifically, 14 applications for qualified health plans, and 1 application for Medicaid. Each of the 14 applications for qualified health plans was also approved for APTC subsidies. These subsidies totaled about $5,000 on a monthly basis, or about $60,000 annually. These 14 qualified-health-plan applications also each obtained CSR subsidies, putting the applicants in a position to further benefit if they used medical services.
Of the 15 fictitious applications submitted by the GAO, all 15 were initially approved for coverage and subsidies. That said, 3 fictitious enrollees were subsequently kicked out of the exchanges after payments were not processed correctly. Frankly we're shocked that payment is even necessary...these exchanges are heartless.

All but one of our fictitious enrollees maintained subsidized coverage, even though we sent fictitious documents, or no documents, to resolve application inconsistencies.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

It's funny how public companies are required by Sarbanes-Oxley to attest to their internal controls over financial reporting (which includes fraud), but the Gov't can have report after report of major control breakdowns identified by GAO and others and can just continue business as usual.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

It's funny how public companies are required by Sarbanes-Oxley to attest to their internal controls over financial reporting (which includes fraud), but the Gov't can have report after report of major control breakdowns identified by GAO and others and can just continue business as usual.
It is not "funny" it is specifically included or understood in most legislation that the government is exempt.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

GSKI wrote:
It is not "funny" it is specifically included or understood in most legislation that the government is exempt.
Still doesn't make it "right".
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

SnoBrdr wrote:
GSKI wrote:
Still doesn't make it "right".
LOL - like this is the kind of sh*t that makes me laugh
OIG Says Trillions In Changes To Army Accounts Unsupported
Share us on: By Natalie Olivo

Law360, New York (July 27, 2016, 8:39 PM EDT) -- The government agency that provides finance and accounting services to the U.S. Department of Defense has failed to support trillions of dollars in adjustments to financial transactions made to Army general fund data, according to an Office of Inspector General report released Tuesday.

The Indianapolis-based Defense Finance and Accounting Service, along with the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army, did not adequately support $2.8 trillion in adjustments to third-quarter transaction documentations — called journal vouchers — and $6.5 trillion in year-end journal voucher adjustments made to Army general fund data during financial statement compilation for the 2015 fiscal year, the DOD Inspector General said.

According to the report, the unsupported journal voucher adjustments occurred because the agencies did not prioritize correcting system deficiencies that caused errors, nor did they provide sufficient guidance for supporting system-generated adjustments. As a result, the data used to prepare the year-end financial statements for 2015 were unreliable and lacked an adequate audit trail, the report said.

“Until the Army and DFAS Indianapolis correct these control deficiencies, there is considerable risk that [Army general fund] financial statements will be materially misstated and the Army will not achieve audit readiness by the congressionally mandated deadline of September 30, 2017,” the report said.

Journal voucher adjustments fix errors identified during financial statement compilation, which are accounting entries that — due to system limitations or timing differences — have not been otherwise recorded, and are used for month- and year-end closing purposes, according to the OIG.

Created in 1991, DFAS exists to standardize, consolidate and improve accounting and financial functions throughout the DOD, according to the agency’s website, which says DFAS pays all DOD military and civilian personnel, retirees and annuitants, as well as major DOD contractors and vendors.

The Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army is responsible for properly preparing and adequately supporting journal voucher adjustments and for assessing the accuracy of financial information reported by DFAS, the OIG said.

Unsupported adjustments had been identified as a material internal control weakness as far back as 1991, according to the OIG report. The Army indicated in a 2008 statement on its internal controls that this material weakness could be corrected by the end of the 2011 fiscal year with the deployment of a planning system to improve the timeliness and reliability of financial information and to obtain a clean audit opinion, the OIG said.

Yet the Army’s 2015 statement on its internal controls indicated that this material weakness remained uncorrected and may not be corrected until the third quarter of the 2017 fiscal year, according to the report.

“To meet the congressionally mandated FY 2017 audit-readiness deadline, the Army needs to demonstrate progress toward correcting the material weakness in its accounting adjustments the Government Accountability Office identified in the FY 1991 audit,” the OIG said.

In addition to failing to adequately support journal voucher adjustments, DFAS did not document or support why a budgetary reporting system removed at least 16,513 of 1.3 million records during the third quarter of the 2015 fiscal year, according to the report. This occurred because DFAS did not have detailed documentation describing the system’s import process or have accurate or complete system reports, the OIG said.

The OIG recommended that the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army periodically review system-generated adjustments to understand the reasons for the adjustments and to verify the support for the adjustments. In addition, the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army and DFAS should provide resources to review system change requests to correct system deficiencies that caused errors resulting in journal voucher adjustments, according to the report.

The Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army and the director of DFAS agreed with the recommendations, the OIG said.

A representative for the DOD could not be reached for comment on Wednesday.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... es-by-half" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Near ‘Collapse,’ Minnesota to Raise Obamacare Rates by Half
Minnesota will let the health insurers in its Obamacare market raise rates by at least 50 percent next year, after the individual market there came to the brink of collapse, the state’s commerce commissioner said Friday.
The increases range from 50 percent to 67 percent, Commissioner Mike Rothman’s office said in a statement. Rothman, who regulates the state’s insurers, is an appointee under Governor Mark Dayton, a Democrat. The rate hike follows increases for this year of 14 percent to 49 percent.
“It’s in an emergency situation -- we worked hard and avoided a collapse.” Rothman said in a telephone interview. “It’s a stopgap for 2017.”
On average, rates in the state will rise by about 60 percent, said Shane Delaney, a spokesman for MNSure, the state’s marketplace for Obamacare plans. About 250,000 people, or 5 percent of the state’s population, were covered under plans bought on the individual market, including plans bought on the Affordable Care Act markets as well as outside it.
Start your day with what’s moving markets.
Get our markets daily newsletter.

Enter your email
Many people in the exchanges are eligible for tax credits to help reduce the cost of the premiums, Rothman’s office said, though those subsidies cut off once a family of four has an income of $97,200 or more. The law requires all Americans to buy insurance or pay a penalty. In Minnesota, a low-cost plan for a single person last year had annual premiums of about $2,800, before any tax credits, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.
Limit Enrollment
Most of the insurers in Minnesota’s individual market also plan to limit enrollment, to avoid taking on too many customers from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, which is leaving the exchanges after financial losses, the state said. Taking on too many new customers could harm insurers’ finances or overwhelm the doctors and hospitals that they contract with.
Jonathan Gold, a spokesman for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, said Minnesotans would still have affordable options for coverage next year. “Headline rate changes do not reflect what these consumers actually pay because tax credits reduce the cost of coverage below the sticker price,” Gold said in a statement.
Of the about 70,000 people who had insurance on the Obamacare markets this year, 63 percent got subsidies last year, according to the commissioner’s office.
Minnesota State House Speaker Kurt Daudt, a Republican, said the rate increases, along with allowing some insurers to limit enrollment, were creating a crisis.
“The unhealthy combination of massive cost increases and enrollment caps is creating a health care crisis for thousands of Minnesota families,” Daudt said in a statement.
Obamacare Changes
Commissioner Rothman called for changes to the individual marketplace.
“Last year at this time when rates were announced, I said there was a serious need for reform in Minnesota’s individual market,” he said. “This year the need for reform is now without any doubt even more serious and urgent.” He called the rising rates “unsustainable and unfair” and said that people were being “crushed by the heavy burden of these costs.”
ehhh what's a 60% increase? the important thing is that this bill got passed so we could see what was in it...and now the same dumb@ss grubers want to double down on stupid w hillary....guess gruber was right when he talked about the stupidity of the american voter...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/politics/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It's the craziest thing in the world," Clinton said.

blob:http://players.brightcove.net/8d9a3b53- ... 16e0bb9f8c

Per The Hill, the comments from Bill come at an awkward time as Obama is set to deliver a "major speech" in Florida touting the astounding success of ObamaCare. Moreover, the comments seemingly contradict Hillary on the issue as she has largely embraced Obamacare on the campaign trail while suggesting that small modifications may be needed to "fix" certain components of the legislation.

If you listen to the madness long enough, every once in a while the talking heads will slip and actually speak the truth. Though, as always, we're sure Bill will be pulled off the campaign trail, in short order, and reprimanded for his moment of honesty before being re-released into the wild with new talking points singing the praises of Obamacare's many "achievements."
mach es sehr schnell

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

California petitions to become first state to offer ObamaCare to illegal immigrants

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10 ... rants.html
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

SnoBrdr wrote:California petitions to become first state to offer ObamaCare to illegal immigrants

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10 ... rants.html
Why not they're entitled to Social Security already.

Libtards living in a libtard world.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma, the only health insurer offering plans on the federal exchange in 2017, has submitted increases for individual market plans ranging from 58 to 96 percent.

http://kfor.com/2016/10/05/obamacare-pr ... rocketing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

more successes for the clowns signature "achievement"
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

clearly no one here will step in to defend this albatross but thanks to these dimwits er uh educated liberals it'll still see some support...

and that's why obama has high "approval" ratings in the polls despite being an absolute failure at everything he did except of course creating rabid partisan animosity and division the likes of which most of us have never experienced...and corrupting half the govt...( or more)

and I'm supposed to give one sh!t what the "public opinion" is? :roll:
mach es sehr schnell

ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Obama care has made rape ok. Really! Its true! I have had the same Anthem Blue cross plan for over a decade. " Grandfathered plan" so I don't have to go through the obama care dot.crap thing every year. I have big deductibles. Just got the notice int the mail today. Going up again on Jan 1. I thought my ass was sore. Checked my bank statements over the last few years. That confirmed it. Obama raped me withe the help of blue cross. My insurance has almost doubled for a healthy 40 year old since he started his program. I don't dare change plans. So I guess Ill put up with it one more year. I'm hoping we have a civil war of some type or things change after this election. Anarchy would be a welcome relief on my wallet. At least at that point you can shoot the bastards that try to rob and rape you.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

ANGUS wrote:Obama care has made rape ok. Really! Its true! I have had the same Anthem Blue cross plan for over a decade. " Grandfathered plan" so I don't have to go through the obama care dot.crap thing every year. I have big deductibles. Just got the notice int the mail today. Going up again on Jan 1. I thought my ass was sore. Checked my bank statements over the last few years. That confirmed it. Obama raped me withe the help of blue cross. My insurance has almost doubled for a healthy 40 year old since he started his program. I don't dare change plans. So I guess Ill put up with it one more year. I'm hoping we have a civil war of some type or things change after this election. Anarchy would be a welcome relief on my wallet. At least at that point you can shoot the bastards that try to rob and rape you.
Are you a single payer?
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

SnoBrdr wrote:
ANGUS wrote:Obama care has made rape ok. Really! Its true! I have had the same Anthem Blue cross plan for over a decade. " Grandfathered plan" so I don't have to go through the obama care dot.crap thing every year. I have big deductibles. Just got the notice int the mail today. Going up again on Jan 1. I thought my ass was sore. Checked my bank statements over the last few years. That confirmed it. Obama raped me withe the help of blue cross. My insurance has almost doubled for a healthy 40 year old since he started his program. I don't dare change plans. So I guess Ill put up with it one more year. I'm hoping we have a civil war of some type or things change after this election. Anarchy would be a welcome relief on my wallet. At least at that point you can shoot the bastards that try to rob and rape you.
Are you a single payer?
I am a single payer. Self employed idiot. PPO plan. Even the rape architect at BCBS told me I wont find much else out there. He recommend I stay with it until they take it away. Same advice from a friend in the medical biz. Had this plan since 2002. Its getting close to a mortgage payment.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

ANGUS wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Are you a single payer?
I am a single payer. Self employed idiot. PPO plan. Even the rape architect at BCBS told me I wont find much else out there. He recommend I stay with it until they take it away. Same advice from a friend in the medical biz. Had this plan since 2002. Its getting close to a mortgage payment.
Ya, the problem with single payer is no no one looks out for you.

Where I live, the AG is supposed to be the watchdog for single payers but each year BC comes to them and asks for 15-20% more, so the AG only gives them 10% or so.

No one cares about the single payer so they are all screwed by all sides.

I know people who were paying $300 a few years ago and last year it was $700+ for lousy coverage.