IRS scandale will be the downfall of the Obama Administratio

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
shortski
Site Admin

IRS scandale will be the downfall of the Obama Administratio

Post by shortski »

Anyone out there think that the "loss" was not a direct act to destroy evidence and/or break the direct link from Lerner to Obama to target conservitive groups.

Some one is getting a new one chewed for them.

This interrogation is brutal.

Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
shortski
Site Admin

Re: IRS scandale will be the downfall of the Obama Administr

Post by shortski »

Big foot riding Nessie.jpeg
Big foot riding Nessie.jpeg (102.43 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
First charges should already be filed don't know whats taking them so long.

Spoliation of Evidence Law & Legal Definition

Spoliation of evidence refers to intentional or negligent withholding, hiding, alteration or destruction of evidence relevant to a legal proceeding. Accordingly, it is inferred that a person who destroys such evidence does it with consciousness of guilt. Thus the principle carries along the following consequences:

1. the act is criminal by statute, and may result in fines and incarceration for the parties who engaged in the spoliation; and

2. case law has established that proceedings which might have been altered by the spoliation may be interpreted under a spoliation inference.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

So when do the arrest warrants go out. Why is no one being locked up.

Transcript;

"At any time in 2011 through last Monday, did the IRS report the loss of any records related to Lois Lerner?" Walberg asked.

"No," Ferriero replied.

"Is it fair to say the IRS broke the federal records act?"

“They are required - any agency is required - to notify us when they realize they have a problem that could be destruction or disposal - unauthorized disposal,” Ferriero said.

“But they didn’t do that." Walberg said.

“That’s right,” Ferriero answered.

"Did they break the law?" Walberg asked.

“I’m not a lawyer.”

"But," Walberg insisted. "You administer the Federal Records Act."

"I do."

"If they didn't follow it, can we safely assume they broke the law?” Rep. Walberg asked again.

"They did not follow the law.”
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Back in the day Nixon did less and the Media circus banged the drum until they rode him out of Washington ! The current " Lame Stream Media " has a hard time reporting the Obama Lies and Corruption thus the results . Ironically however when the Obama admin. comes out with the Washington Redskins name controversy it's all over the media in a sort of " wag the Dog " kind of way. By the way I heard the Redskins are so embarrassed by the name controversy that they would like to change their name, to the Virginia Redskins !
Also one has to wonder as more incriminating evidence is uncovered how long before Obama throws Lerner under the Bus ?
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

More bad news for Obama. Outside computer forensics expert may be brought in to find "lost" r mails.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/another ... le/2550394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

shortski wrote:More bad news for Obama. Outside computer forensics expert may be brought in to find "lost" r mails.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/another ... le/2550394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This will only have a chance of working if the drives have not been sent through an industrial shredder as "junk". I bet the drives themselves are gone. Then the exercise becomes "whack a mole" in chasing down IF a backup might exist. Those can be hidden by administrators who are savvy and in on the game. I do not hold out much hope of seeing the original emails. If they DO find them....... Look out!
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Dickc wrote:
shortski wrote:More bad news for Obama. Outside computer forensics expert may be brought in to find "lost" r mails.

This will only have a chance of working if the drives have not been sent through an industrial shredder as "junk". I bet the drives themselves are gone. Then the exercise becomes "whack a mole" in chasing down IF a backup might exist. Those can be hidden by administrators who are savvy and in on the game. I do not hold out much hope of seeing the original emails. If they DO find them....... Look out!
If you are off line, can you find your e-mails on your hard drive? If you have Outlook, Maybe. E-mail is held on a server somewhere, especially within government. Loss of my hard drive only requires me to get a new drive / pc and log onto my e-mail server. With firefox I can also just link my bookmarks to any PC I may be using. I think it is just stupid to believe these people cannot find the archive of past e-mails for the IRS or any other person, administration or business.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Dr. NO wrote:
Dickc wrote:

If you are off line, can you find your e-mails on your hard drive? If you have Outlook, Maybe. E-mail is held on a server somewhere, especially within government. Loss of my hard drive only requires me to get a new drive / pc and log onto my e-mail server. With firefox I can also just link my bookmarks to any PC I may be using. I think it is just stupid to believe these people cannot find the archive of past e-mails for the IRS or any other person, administration or business.
The CEO of the last company I worked for would "save" emails from his family to his hard drive FROM Outlook. (Simple drag and drop to the local file system.) I mirrored those folders to a server so he would not lose them as I could NOT convince him that they were better being left on the server. All of those individual messages were each saved with a file extension of .MSG i.e. message. All it would take to find said emails is to search for *.msg. Bingo, all would show up. By the way, it was a high tech company and it went out of business. Wonder why? :barebutt:
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

This will end at the White House and hopefully with impeachment and conviction of Obama and his corrupt administration. Once they grant the key players immunity them flood gates will open. You think Lerner will go to prison for Obama.

http://www.caintv.com/federal-judge-order-irs-to-exp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some key points from the link.

Walls closing in....

According to the IRS, Lois Lerner's missing emails vanished in 2010 due to a hard drive crash. Despite all of their myriad backup procedures, they claim that this single computer held all the records of her correspondence and, despite their best efforts, they were irretrievable. To say that this explanation strains credibility is an understatement. If you've watched any of John Koskinen's testimony, you've heard the claims and wondered: "Will there be any prosecutorial action taken?"

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the IRS to explain under oath how it lost a trove of emails to and from a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy.

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan gave the tax agency a month to submit the explanation in writing. Sullivan said he is also appointing a federal magistrate to see whether the lost emails can be obtained from other sources.

Sullivan issued the order as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group. He said the IRS declaration must be signed, under oath, by the appropriate IRS official.

They have just under a month to comply with the order, because

"I'm going to hold tight to that Aug. 10 declaration," Sullivan said.

In addition to the written declaration, the judge also ordered that the government and Judicial Watch meet with Magistrate Judge John Facciola until Sept. 10 to discuss how the IRS can possibly obtain or recover the lost emails and documents from other sources. Judicial Watch is seeking information on what kinds of efforts the IRS has gone to in order to recover the lost information as well as how the agency is identifying additional sources, such as Lerner’s assistant, to try to find them.

....Following the judge’s order, Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton told reporters that it was “an extraordinary hearing” that shows Sullivan was “obviously interested on behalf of the public” in getting the IRS on the record about the emails. Fitton also said that appointing a magistrate as Sullivan did “rarely happens” in FOIA cases.

In other developments:

Rep. Steve Stockman @SteveWorks4You
Follow

We just filed a resolution directing the Sergeant-At-Arms to arrest Lois Lerner for contempt. Statement coming in minutes. #IRSscandal
4:43 PM - 10 Jul 2014
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

The sharks are circling.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/another-f ... le/2550394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another federal judge tells IRS to explain itself on lost emails

Responding to a motion filed Monday by True the Vote, a Houston-based conservative nonprofit at the center of IRS targeting during the 2010 and 2012 campaigns, Walton issued an order Tuesday to hear arguments next week.

The IRS recently told Congress that a mysterious crash of the hard drives last year irretrievably destroyed nearly two years of emails to and from Lerner and the others to and from people in other federal agencies, including the White House.

But True the Vote wants a digital forensics expert from outside the IRS to assess the evidence.

“Even if the ill-timed hard drive ‘crash’ was truly an accident, and even if the IRS genuinely believes that the emails are ‘unrecoverable,’ the circumstances of the spoliation at issue cry out for a second opinion,” True the Vote's attorneys told Walton in the motion filed late Monday.

“It may well prove to be the case that a computer forensics expert could recover evidence that the IRS has been unable to retrieve.

"At the very least, such an expert could preserve whatever evidence has not already been wiped clean from the IRS’s computers along with whatever is stored on the Individual Defendants’ home computers, cell phones, and other PDAs.”

IRS attorneys will be in the federal District Court on July 10 to explain why the government failed to tell Judicial Watch about the lost emails for months despite their being evidence in the nonprofit's Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Although I can at least suspect a connection to the White House, it would be hard for me (at this time) to connect the dots all the way to the President. Remember, it took John Dean's testimony to make that case plus the Oval Office tapes to back him up. I really don't think you're going to find that kind of evidence this time around. Without that, you may find some staff people involved but that's where it will probably end, if it even gets that far.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

shortski wrote:In addition to the written declaration, the judge also ordered that the government and Judicial Watch meet with Magistrate Judge John Facciola until Sept. 10 to discuss how the IRS can possibly obtain or recover the lost emails and documents from other sources. Judicial Watch is seeking information on what kinds of efforts the IRS has gone to in order to recover the lost information as well as how the agency is identifying additional sources, such as Lerner’s assistant, to try to find them.
Start by looking the e-mails of those in Obama's inner circle, including Obama.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote:Although I can at least suspect a connection to the White House, it would be hard for me (at this time) to connect the dots all the way to the President. Remember, it took John Dean's testimony to make that case plus the Oval Office tapes to back him up. I really don't think you're going to find that kind of evidence this time around. Without that, you may find some staff people involved but that's where it will probably end, if it even gets that far.
You think they would go through all this, possibly purger themselves, to protect some staffers?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:Although I can at least suspect a connection to the White House, it would be hard for me (at this time) to connect the dots all the way to the President. Remember, it took John Dean's testimony to make that case plus the Oval Office tapes to back him up. I really don't think you're going to find that kind of evidence this time around. Without that, you may find some staff people involved but that's where it will probably end, if it even gets that far.
You think they would go through all this, possibly purger themselves, to protect some staffers?
Who is "they"?

BTW, it's "perjure" not "purger". A purger is one who purges, as in cleanses or purifies.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

That's what an investigation is for, to investigate. To find stuff out. We don't know what will be found, or what emails or John Deans might come out of the woodwork. I just know I'd like to know more than we do now.

And this 'dog ate my homework' lame excuse from the IRS makes me want to shine a very bright light on all those that are involved in it. Public trust should mean something.