Another media driven false narrative?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Another media driven false narrative?

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
madhatter wrote:as usual EVERY ... liberal got this wrong because EVERY... liberal based their findings on emotions and their view of how the world "should be" vs how the world actually is... a recurring theme for them in EVERY argument...
I saw an interesting progression once at a concert. The performer drove a Prius to the venue, is anti gun, supports gay rights, anti corporation, and in general makes statements that would qualify her as a liberal in most circles.

She's talented, and gives a great show, which after all is the reason we go.

So she introduces the opening act, a protégé of hers, and mentions the cute mouse in the green room. There really shouldn't be a mouse, and please Mr. Building manager don't hurt it, but maybe you could just catch him and let him go somewhere.

When she starts her set she says OK, the mouse is making regular appearances and is showing interest in the food set out, he's not so cute, I don't like him, can you please scurry him away...

After the intermission something clearly happened. There was a very unpleasant mouse encounter. Her first remark on taking the stage was "I really don't like mice and I hate to say it, but kill it before I get back there.

She's still very liberal in her views, but she illustrated MH's point on what you think should be and what is. She wanted to be nice to the mouse(mice) but after reflecting on mice pee and disease they might carry and their lack of response to verbal instructions, decided she needed a more stern response. Being nice to the mouse didn't work. In the space of 2 hours she went from Protector of Mouse Rights to Mouse Executioner.

I think that some opinions turn when suddenly it's your food, your clothing the mouse pees on.
Or...if you're not liberal when you're young, you don't have a heart. If you're not more conservative as you get older, you don't have a brain.
Uh Oh, I see hard line rebuttals coming in.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Justice Department finds racial bias in Ferguson, MO Police Department. I'm shocked...SHOCKED...at the investigation's outcome.

http://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-official ... 23706.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

When there is that kind of a pattern of discrimination, racism, harassment and mistreatment; it should be of little surprise when the public gives little respect to the police and they feel the need to resist arrest. No population of people will tolerate such abuse of power.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:When there is that kind of a pattern of discrimination, racism, harassment and mistreatment; it should be of little surprise when the public gives little respect to the police and they feel the need to resist arrest. No population of people will tolerate such abuse of power.
it's why so many find obama absolutely deplorable...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

This is about the issues the black community faces when dealing with the police in many areas around the country.

I didn't realize Obama was the chief of police in Ferguson.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:This is about the issues the black community faces when dealing with the police in many areas around the country.

I didn't realize Obama was the chief of police in Ferguson.
I didn't realize that When there is that kind of a pattern of discrimination, racism, harassment and mistreatment and abuse of power were exclusive to police...oh wait they're not, yer just an oblivious obamaknobgobbler....

no one is surprised by any of the findings in that report...

the problem of course is that thuggery and associated criminal behavior are prevalent in Ferguson and other communities like it...at has nothing to do with race and everything to do with culture... but since culture can be changed but race obviously cannot, libs will rail against anyone who brings up the cultural aspect and label them racist... go alinsky...racist, homophobe, war on women, bla bla bla... labels, labels, labels... It how the left is able to maintain the 30% of useful idiots like braindead who have no f@cking idea what they are talking about or advocating for but adamantly do so anyway...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

great dude, there's the Obama's America thread if you want to bitch about him. Try and stay focused

Do I think Obama has abused power and is worthy of scorn? absolutely. Same as Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon........and on down the line.

And no, the situation in Ferguson is about race. The statistics don't lie. That's the scoreboard. Black people are more likely to get stopped and arrested than white people, even for crimes that statistically white people are more likely to commit. They are more likely to get incarcerated for crimes white people do not. They are more likely to be victims of excessive force than white people. This is FACT.

It's easy for you, a pansy ass white boy behind a computer screen to yell "culture" as you're shacked up in your compound in VT prepping for the Ebola monster to come get you. Keep screaming idiot. The Black Community appreciates your support and I'm sure will learn a lot from you and your pHD from ZeroHedge University.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:great dude, there's the Obama's America thread if you want to bitch about him. Try and stay focused

Do I think Obama has abused power and is worthy of scorn? absolutely. Same as Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon........and on down the line.

And no, the situation in Ferguson is about race. The statistics don't lie. That's the scoreboard. Black people are more likely to get stopped and arrested than white people, even for crimes that statistically white people are more likely to commit. They are more likely to get incarcerated for crimes white people do not. They are more likely to be victims of excessive force than white people. This is FACT. As of 2010, 67.4 percent of the city's 21,000 residents are black

It's easy for you, a pansy ass white boy behind a computer screen to yell "culture" as you're shacked up in your compound in VT prepping for the Ebola monster to come get you. Keep screaming idiot. The Black Community appreciates your support and I'm sure will learn a lot from you and your pHD from ZeroHedge University.
you are seriously delusional...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

you feeling okay maddi?

coming down with the Ebola yet?

in other news, did you see NASDAQ just hit 5K again?

god, you're so brilliant about nothing. fun to watch
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:great dude, there's the Obama's America thread if you want to bitch about him. Try and stay focused

And no, the situation in Ferguson is about race. The statistics don't lie. That's the scoreboard. Black people are more likely to get stopped and arrested than white people, even for crimes that statistically white people are more likely to commit. They are more likely to get incarcerated for crimes white people do not. They are more likely to be victims of excessive force than white people. This is FACT. As of 2010, 67.4 percent of the city's 21,000 residents are black

you are seriously delusional...
and I'm pretty sure what is being described above is much closer to:

PREJUDICE

preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

than:

RACISM

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

but yelling RACIST is a lot easier for the left, so that is what they do...even though racism is quite unlikely...no one is afraid to go to the ghetto cuz the people who live there are black, people are afraid to go there cuz its dangerous...we all know yer just desperate to silence the opposition by any means regardless of reality...it's part of what makes you a ( barely) useful idiot....

furthermore it would seem that at least SOME of that supposed "prejudice" might actually be based on "reason or actual experience" and thus isn't actually prejudice at all but simple observation...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that chinese people are far more likely to be arrested in china than black people are...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:you feeling okay maddi?

coming down with the Ebola yet?

in other news, did you see NASDAQ just hit 5K again?

god, you're so brilliant about nothing. fun to watch
hmmm lets see I'm retired for 10 years + and still not 50, yer not... I'm quite self sufficient, yer an idiot... enjoy yer "brilliance"...

how much "profit" did ya take last time it hit 5k? this time? yeah nothing... and that's what ya got,nothing...Until you convert your digital credits into physical assets you got nothing but promises and we all know how good those are...

and what happened to the "stay on topic" you were advocating for just minutes ago? no matter where ya go yer uninformed and adamantly so....no need to prove it in every post...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

oh madcoward, the 50 year old VT troll legend in his mind. :lol:

Please continue to tell one and all how absolutely amazingly successful and brilliant you are about everything; from diseases to stocks, police policy, politics. You can barely go a week before you broadcast your exploits and how smart you are upon us all again. Please brag some more, I bet it makes you feel good.

Classic behavior of an insecure sociopath.

And kzones little toy to play with.

The A+ entertainment you provide is the only reason I keep coming back....

Good show mate!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote:When there is that kind of a pattern of discrimination, racism, harassment and mistreatment; it should be of little surprise when the public gives little respect to the police and they feel the need to resist arrest. No population of people will tolerate such abuse of power.
I think if racism is someones excuse to justify resisting arrest and reaching for a police officers gun, they should probably look at themselves in the mirror.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:oh madcoward, the 50 year old VT troll legend in his mind. :lol:

Please continue to tell one and all how absolutely amazingly successful and brilliant you are about everything; from diseases to stocks, police policy, politics. You can barely go a week before you broadcast your exploits and how smart you are upon us all again. really? you should post those up complete w timestamps...liar...but you can bet yer @ss when one attempts to create and attack a strawhatter the way you do I'm going to set the record straight...Please brag some more, I bet it makes you feel good.that's a liberal thing, conservatives and libertarians don't measure themselves against others...and if they do it's going to be against those more successful in a " what can I do to achieve more" kind of way...not in the pathetic groveling gimme gimme scumbag " what can I get from them for me" kinda way libs like you do...

Classic behavior of an insecure sociopath.

And kzones little toy to play with.

The A+ entertainment you provide is the only reason I keep coming back....

Good show mate!
keep on w yer strawhatter stereotyping attacks, so typical left wing....first you go on to tell me how pitiful my loser life is, you know the one you've seemingly spent hours creating for me, then you get angry when I tell you different...

here's the deal you'll keep looking to the oh so benevolent govt to solve all of life's ills for you, while I'll continue to resolve them for myself... It's worked fantastically so far...meanwhile you continue gobbling up mediamatters and daily kos talking points and basing your ideology on them... again , brilliant...

why don;t you explain how your professed love of islam fits in w yer love of homosexuality, cuz they sure seem at great odds w each other to anyone paying any attn at all...again you don;t THINK at all you simply regurgitate what your handlers feed you...again you are the ( barely) useful idiot they count on...

in your tiny little braindead head anyone who disagrees w your demented ideology must be eliminated and marginalized by labeling them as a : racist, homophobe, misogynist,sociopath whatever ya can think up, just keep throwing em out there hoping something sticks... Facts and reality don;t matter one bit to you or the left...

oh yeah one more thing... It ain't braggin' if ya do it and ya back it up...bitch...
mach es sehr schnell

Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

deadheadskier wrote: And no, the situation in Ferguson is about race. The statistics don't lie. That's the scoreboard. Black people are more likely to get stopped and arrested than white people, even for crimes that statistically white people are more likely to commit. They are more likely to get incarcerated for crimes white people do not. They are more likely to be victims of excessive force than white people. This is FACT.
The notable thing in my mind about Ferguson is that the demographics of the town were 75% white, owner-occupied multifamily, and working class 25 years ago. It's now 1/3 single parent households mostly in Section 8 housing. I'm 100% in support of a strong temporary safety net. What happened in Ferguson is an indictment on the total failure of the LBJ Great Society programs. Most of us "got the memo" that the path to success in life is to get your education, get your career established, then get married and pop out children. The perverse US social welfare program provides perverse incentives to break that virtuous cycle. It toppled Ferguson and turned it into a war zone. No town survives 1/3 single parent households in Section 8 housing.

I don't have the answer but what we're doing now absolutely doesn't work.