Finally the climate change solution – Dump capitalism

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Finally the climate change solution – Dump capitalism

Post by Guy in Shorts »

This also will fix racism, oppression and ski length argurements. The badgers rally in NYC this Sunday.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20 ... /709149927
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Finally the climate change solution – Dump capitalism

Post by madhatter »

Guy in Shorts wrote:This also will fix racism, oppression and ski length argurements. The badgers rally in NYC this Sunday.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20 ... /709149927
"On Sept. 21, this vision of solidarity will be on display as we march together for climate justice and human rights. There are already almost 15 buses full of people coming from Vermont (and you should join us). But even more important than marching in the streets of New York City is what we do when we all get back."

what better way to combat "climate change" than to send fifteen buses on a few hundred mile journey...nope, not a mental illness, seems more like full blown derangement at this point...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

That's just hysterical.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:That's just hysterical.
it would be if he wasn't so dead serious about it...

check out these clowns from stockbridge vt, their underlying premise is one where private property is completely negated and EVERYTHING is public if you aren't actually engaged in using it....e.g. when you leave your car it is now part of the public domain, free for anyone to use... they too are dead serious about this...

http://worldnewstrust.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

While I don't particularly agree with these sort of left wing liberals, they look like moderates compared to mad max maddy's conservative views.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

COWS CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING > So Vermonters must shut down their farms and stop selling Dairy and meat !

A cow does on overage release between 70 and 120 kg of Methane per year. Methane is a greenhouse gas like carbon dioxide (CO2). But the negative effect on the climate of Methane is 23 times higher than the effect of CO2. Therefore the release of about 100 kg Methane per year for each cow is equivalent to about 2'300 kg CO2 per year.
Let's compare this value of 2'300 kg CO2: The same amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) is generated by burning 1'000 liters of petrol. With a car using 8 liters of petrol per 100 km, you could drive 12'500 km per year (7'800 miles per year).

World-wide, there are about 1.5 billion cows and bulls. All ruminants (animals which regurgitates food and re-chews it) on the world emit about two billion metric tons of CO2-equivalents per year. In addition, clearing of tropical forests and r*in forests to get more grazing land and farm land is responsible for an extra 2.8 billion metric tons of CO2 emission per year!

According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) agriculture is responsible for 18% of the total release of greenhouse gases world-wide (this is more than the whole transportation sector). Cattle-breeding is taking a major factor for these greenhouse gas emissions according to FAO. Says Henning Steinfeld, Chief of FAO's Livestock Information and Policy Branch and senior author of the report: "Livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today's most serious environmental problems. Urgent action is required to remedy the situation."

Livestock now use 30 percent of the earth's entire land surface, mostly permanent pasture but also including 33 percent of the global arable land used to producing feed for livestock, the report notes. As forests are cleared to create new pastures, it is a major driver of deforestation, especially in Latin America where, for example, some 70 percent of former forests in the Amazon have been turned over to grazing.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:While I don't particularly agree with these sort of left wing liberals, they look like moderates only if ya got yer head up yer @sscompared to mad max maddy's conservative views.
yep cuz its way more likely we'll become a nation of :
In this world, communities and workers would be in charge of investment priorities, and jobs would be based on standards set to ensure everyone’s right to live and work with dignity. I’m talking about a world where people are able to stay home when we or a loved one is sick and where our communities’ needs are met through recognizing our human rights to health care, education, housing, healthy food and healthy environment.

All of these are interconnected, and systems to provide them should be established as public goods for us all. The solution to climate change is a system change, one that is about justice, participation and real democracy.
than we are to descend into poverty, chaos and failure...( NEWSFLASH: we are there already)

ya gotta be frickin' stupid to think that... only to a libtard is an preposterously unlikley outcome considered a moderate view, while and accurate descriptor of current reality is considered to impossible...

again have you EVER been to school? read a book? maybe watched a documentary?

yer so clueless you actually think yer a good skier...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

In this world, communities and workers would be in charge of investment priorities, and jobs would be based on standards set to ensure everyone’s right to live and work with dignity. I’m talking about a world where people are able to stay home when we or a loved one is sick and where our communities’ needs are met through recognizing our human rights to health care, education, housing, healthy food and healthy environment.

All of these are interconnected, and systems to provide them should be established as public goods for us all. The solution to climate change is a system change, one that is about justice, participation and real democracy.
I wonder who is going to do the work? I mean while everyone else is pursuing health care, education, housing, healthy food and a healthy environment. Where does investment capital come from if it is confiscated for use by communities?

I say lets give these guys Rhode Island. There's no skiing there, and aside from a few beaches and some good bars in Newport, no one will really notice. They can try their interconnected community full of recognized human rights to everything and we'll see how it works out.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote:

I wonder who is going to do the work? I mean while everyone else is pursuing health care, education, housing, healthy food and a healthy environment. Where does investment capital come from if it is confiscated for use by communities?

I say lets give these guys Rhode Island. There's no skiing there, and aside from a few beaches and some good bars in Newport, no one will really notice. They can try their interconnected community full of recognized human rights to everything and we'll see how it works out.
Personally, I'd prefer they take West Virginia or Mississippi.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:

Personally, I'd prefer they take West Virginia or Mississippi.
if ya stopped giving em heat , food, drug money and place to stay, they'd leave here on their own... lot easier to sleep under a bridge in Mississippi in january than in vermont...

Poverty--if you want more of it, subsidize it...
mach es sehr schnell

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mister Moose wrote:

We can ask the USSR and see how they pay for all the welfare cases and non workers, after all they are so successful. WHAT? USSR fell and went bankrupt. Can't be.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Mister Moose wrote:

Hey, Hey, Hey! http://www.yawgoo.com/ Not so fast there Moose! Besides, many of my ancestors are from little Rhodie!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Dickc wrote:Hey, Hey, Hey! http://www.yawgoo.com/ Not so fast there Moose! Besides, many of my ancestors are from little Rhodie!
Yeah, yeah, we all know about Yawgoo. No loss.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Highway Star wrote:While I don't particularly agree with these sort of left wing liberals, they look like moderates compared to mad max maddy's conservative views.
If you do not buy into this mantra than you are not a progressive. Here in Vermont Bernie Sanders their torch bearer represents this group well. When the communes in Vermont broke apart in the 70’s the members did not leave the state but instead joined the local populace. They still have a desire to create a utopian society but on a larger scale. This left wing as you call it is very alive, well and active here in our state. The super majority in Montpelier is made up of the moderate Democrats and the liberal Progressives with the Republicans having no real say. Vermont is not a good place get a conservative voice heard. MadHatter voices his frustration that many of us on right feel here in Vermont while in reality we can do very little. It is the price to pay for living in this awesome state.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
Highway Star wrote:While I don't particularly agree with these sort of left wing liberals, they look like moderates compared to mad max maddy's conservative views.
If you do not buy into this mantra than you are not a progressive. Here in Vermont Bernie Sanders their torch bearer represents this group well. When the communes in Vermont broke apart in the 70’s the members did not leave the state but instead joined the local populace. They still have a desire to create a utopian society but on a larger scale. This left wing as you call it is very alive, well and active here in our state. The super majority in Montpelier is made up of the moderate Democrats and the liberal Progressives with the Republicans having no real say. Vermont is not a good place get a conservative voice heard. MadHatter voices his frustration that many of us on right feel here in Vermont while in reality we can do very little. It is the price to pay for living in this awesome state.
Eh, true. I'm more interested in a pragmatic approach to alternative energy and resource management. I also think that global warming or climate change is really a non-issue. Continuing to minimize pollution and the need for sustained energy independence are the real issues.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters