Finally the climate change solution – Dump capitalism

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Finally the climate change solution – Dump capitalism

Post by Dickc »

Highway Star wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:
Highway Star wrote:While I don't particularly agree with these sort of left wing liberals, they look like moderates compared to mad max maddy's conservative views.
If you do not buy into this mantra than you are not a progressive. Here in Vermont Bernie Sanders their torch bearer represents this group well. When the communes in Vermont broke apart in the 70’s the members did not leave the state but instead joined the local populace. They still have a desire to create a utopian society but on a larger scale. This left wing as you call it is very alive, well and active here in our state. The super majority in Montpelier is made up of the moderate Democrats and the liberal Progressives with the Republicans having no real say. Vermont is not a good place get a conservative voice heard. MadHatter voices his frustration that many of us on right feel here in Vermont while in reality we can do very little. It is the price to pay for living in this awesome state.
Eh, true. I'm more interested in a pragmatic approach to alternative energy and resource management. I also think that global warming or climate change is really a non-issue. Continuing to minimize pollution and the need for sustained energy independence are the real issues.
Its funny, the best way to have cheaper solar panels, and to bring other forms of alternative energy to market quicker and cheaper IS through capitalism. The "greenies" think it needs to be done no matter the cost, the reality is we need to do it in the most economical manor possible. Capitalism will gravitate to the lowest cost manor of energy. If that can be green energy, then it will be. Otherwise it will be carbon based fuels. I have no problem with capitalism. It made the USA what it is today. It is what has allowed the "greenies" to have the time to squawk all they want instead of working their fingers to the bone just to survive.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Highway Star wrote: Eh, true. I'm more interested in a pragmatic approach to alternative energy and resource management. I also think that global warming or climate change is really a non-issue. Continuing to minimize pollution and the need for sustained energy independence are the real issues.
OK who are you....and what did you do with HS.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

Guy in Shorts wrote:MadHatter voices his frustration that many of us on right feel here in Vermont while in reality we can do very little.
True. Madhatter’s is a voice born of anger and frustration. Even better, just like the other extremist blowhards like Limbaugh and Hannity, for every conservative they pander to and entertain, there are at least two moderates and liberals that they anger and drive even farther away. Not exactly a winning strategy. Well, at least not for them!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:MadHatter voices his frustration that many of us on right feel here in Vermont while in reality we can do very little.
True. Madhatter’s is a voice born of anger and frustration. Even better, just like the other extremist blowhards like Limbaugh and Hannity,funny I NEVER listen to or watch these guys...you seem to know more about them than I do for every conservative they pander to and entertain, there are at least two moderates and liberals that they anger ya also forgot the "ready the trains" " AR-15's are toys" "we're coming for you" lunatic lefties like yourself...and drive even farther away. Not exactly a winning strategy. Well, at least not for them!

anger? pffft more like the same bewilderment a dog has when you can;t tell there's a pheasant right there in the bushes when he so easily can...Except I'm fully aware that your "senses" are rudimentary at best, whereas the dog just has absolutely no idea why you can't see the obvious...

and its funny how you explain how hannity and limbaugh anger lefties ( moderates probably not so much, being moderate actually entails listening to all sides, not " no one reads your stuff") the more you libtards talk the more absolutely ignorant and foolish you look...cuz we all see the ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY left wing demonstrations vs the exact opposite at "conservative" demonstrations...

PROJECTIONISM--- one of a lefty/progs favorite tools, despite being nearly oblivious to using it...

That a bunch of petulant children are angry is of little concern to anyone else...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

madhatter wrote:cuz we all see the ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY left wing demonstrations vs the exact opposite at "conservative" demonstrations...
:D Now that has to be the funniest thing I have read all week!

You think a bunch of tea baggers waving their guns around are displaying less anger that the “greenies” smoking weed at a sit-in?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:cuz we all see the ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY left wing demonstrations vs the exact opposite at "conservative" demonstrations...
:D Now that has to be the funniest thing I have read all week!

You think a bunch of tea baggers waving their guns around seems they had special permits for that, how many people were hurt or killed by those guns? YEP ZERO, but you knew that right?are displaying less anger that the “greenies” smoking weed raping chix, destroying public and private property, disrupting society and setting up camp in public parks, hundreds of arrests, fires in the streets of oakland, attacks on police... need we go on?at a sit-in?
occupy wall street, WTO protests, the list goes on... show me ONE single conservative rally where there was any kind of property destruction or anarchy like that which occurred during those two "ordeals"

lets see:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/ ... EH20110305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The demonstrators had received special permission in advance to bring their weapons, unloaded and secured, to the state Capitol grounds for the rally.
http://patterico.com/2009/08/19/msnbc-g ... your-view/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.headcount.org/occupy-vs-tea- ... e-numbers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Violence & Arrests
While there have been a few incidents that the media tied to the Team Party, Tea Party rallies have not (as far as I can tell) been involved with any arrests, any allegations of violence or any run-ins with law enforcement.

The Occupy movement has not been so lucky. The number of arrests made at Occupy movements seems to be near 2,500 and still growing. There have been many times when police officials felt compelled to react and control the crowd (most notably in Oakland, as one HeadCount blogger has discussed). Perhaps worst of all, there have even been reports of sexual assault at Occupy events.

ok this is just getting old now...do you libtards have to be so adamantly @ssbackwards clueless and just plain f@ckin' wrong all the time? you and homostar are battling for the most idiotic libtards of the week...you two @sshats should maybe reconsider just how proud you are to "not read anything over 20 words"

if it don't fit on a bumpersticker it's too long for a libtard to understand...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

How quickly you hope we forget...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2 ... /12604087/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Government authorities were wise to back off in April when scofflaw Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy surrounded himself with armed supporters to avoid paying more than $1 million in grazing fees and penalties he had accumulated over two decades.

In a nation awash in firearms, where a small but heavily armed fringe seethes with anti-government paranoia, that just invites more trouble. Indeed, a report released late last week by the Southern Poverty Law Center says the Bundy Ranch incident was carefully planned by armed right-wing groups, which have been galvanized by their perceived victory.

Most of Bundy's political supporters abandoned him after he was recorded venting racist views. Even so, Bundy says about two dozen armed defenders are still idling at his ranch, and his supporters tell him "they could have thousands more in a matter of hours," according to the Los Angeles Times.

That might be an exaggeration, though not by much, judging from what happened in April, when Bundy became a magnet for angry, armed men and women from all over the country. (For a time, Bundy's militia included Jerad Miller, who a couple of months later gunned down two Las Vegas police officers.) Photos and video from those tense days in April show self-described "patriots" shielded behind highway abutments, pointing rifles in the direction of BLM officials who had rounded up hundreds of Bundy's cattle, as a federal judge had authorized them to do.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:How quickly you hope we forget...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;opinion/2014/07/13/cliven-bundy-nevada-rancher-blm-cattle-editorials-debates/12604087/

Government authorities were wise to back off in April when scofflaw Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy surrounded himself with armed supporters to avoid paying more than $1 million in grazing fees and penalties he had accumulated over two decades.

In a nation awash in firearms, where a small but heavily armed fringe seethes with anti-government paranoia, that just invites more trouble. Indeed, a report released late last week by the SSouthern Poverty Law Centerradical left wing loons like you says the Bundy Ranch incident was carefully planned by armed right-wing groups, which have been galvanized by their perceived victory.

Most of Bundy's political supporters abandoned him after he was recorded venting racist views. Even so, Bundy says about two dozen armed defenders are still idling at his ranch, and his supporters tell him "they could have thousands more in a matter of hours," according to the Los Angeles Times.

That might be an exaggeration, though not by much, judging from what happened in April, when Bundy became a magnet for angry, armed men and women from all over the country. (For a time, Bundy's militia included Jerad Miller, who a couple of months later gunned down two Las Vegas police officers.) Photos and video from those tense days in April show self-described "patriots" shielded behind highway abutments, pointing rifles in the direction of BLM officials who had rounded up hundreds of Bundy's cattle, as a federal judge had authorized them to do.

the entire article you posted is an opinion piece from a far left wing source posted in the OPINION section on HuffPo...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/1 ... 82650.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jerad Miller:

Miller was kicked off the Bundy ranch after a few days because he made other protesters uncomfortable...Another militia leader gave the Millers a few hundred dollars — they said they sold everything to reach the ranch about 80 miles from Las Vegas — and they left.

Meanwhile, at the Indiana home of Jerad Miller's mother, a sign on the door read: "We are profoundly saddened, confused and in shock over the senseless actions of our son and his wife."

do you frickin' dumb@sses EVER EVER EVER do ANY due diligence AT ALL???
mach es sehr schnell

Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

Madhatter – I could spend a lot of time resurrecting old news articles about what happened with Cliven Bundy’s ranch, but it is not worth it. We all know how crazy it was. How your fellow anti federal government preppers were scaring the crap out of everyone. Miller was too violent for them? Well, ISIS is too violent for Al Qaeda, yet they are both still frightening.

"Due diligence." You really make me laugh some times!

You can choose to be more afraid of the flower children if you want. Meanwhile, I will be watching out for the angry guys with guns.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:Madhatter – I could spend a lot of time resurrecting old news articles about what happened with Cliven Bundy’s ranch, but it is not worth it. We all know how crazy it was. How your fellow anti federal government preppers were scaring the crap out of everyone. Miller was too violent for them? Well, ISIS is too violent for Al Qaeda, yet they are both still frightening.

"Due diligence." You really make me laugh some times!

You can choose to be more afraid of the flower children if you want. Meanwhile, I will be watching out for the angry guys with guns.
yep ya got NOTHING.

mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Angry guys with guns are what has made this country great. If these guys loose their guns we will loose our freedom right along with them.
AmericanGunFlag[1].jpg
AmericanGunFlag[1].jpg (76.53 KiB) Viewed 738 times
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Rime & Reason wrote:
Flower children were at Woodstock in 1969. 400,000 people got together and nobody got arrested nor committed any crimes except for the use of illegal drugs. Occupy Wall Street, et.al. ain't no flower children.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

freeski wrote:Angry guys with guns are what has made this country great. If these guys loose their guns we will loose our freedom right along with them.
I am not saying they should lose their guns. I am saying they should probably not be parading around McDonalds and Walmart with them slung over their shoulders. That is scary. Or in the case of Cliven Bundy, they should not be laying behind barricades aiming them at federal officers. I am also saying these types of actions scare me more than a gathering of tree-huggers. That is not a police officer in the photo below.

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Rime & Reason wrote:
freeski wrote:Angry guys with guns are what has made this country great. If these guys loose their guns we will loose our freedom right along with them.
I am not saying they should lose their guns. I am saying they should probably not be parading around McDonalds and Walmart with them slung over their shoulders. That is scary. Or in the case of Cliven Bundy, they should not be laying behind barricades aiming them at federal officers. I am also saying these types of actions scare me more than a gathering of tree-huggers. That is not a police officer in the photo below.

I was at a Chinese buffet recently and there was a shady looking guy with a handgun on his belt. I almost said "does that make you feel safer?", but I didn't. So, I agree with your point.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:
I am not saying they should lose their guns. I am saying they should probably not be parading around McDonalds and Walmart with them slung over their shoulders. didn;t they have a special permit to do exactly that?That is scary.some people are afraid of spiders too....doesn't make it wrong or illegal...this is why we have laws and don;t go by how you "feel about things ( in this instance apparently scared...) Or in the case of Cliven Bundy, they should not be laying behind barricades aiming them at federal officers.Gonna agree w you there I am also saying these types of actions scare me more than a gathering of tree-huggers. in the other case it was a demonstration that was legally permitted, peaceful and in no way an armed confrontation, but OWS and WTO protesters were not exactly representative treehuggers ... That is not a police officer in the photo below.

I'm also pretty sure that none of the 1000's of homicides committed over just the last few years in just that one liberal bastion of peace, Chicago, was committed by a " tea party" member. Lets not even go to any other big city where the vast majority vote blue and the vast majority of crime, violence and homicides occur... And you are going to try to some how tell me you are more afraid of conservatives? I can assure you that you would be 100% safe visiting nearly EVERY conservative neighborhood in the country.... How do you feel about visiting some of those deep blue chicago neighborhoods?... ya know the ones where all of those homicides occur? maybe a camping trip for a week in detroit?

stop letting your ideology determine your facts....
mach es sehr schnell