Why Obama's strategy in Iraq/Syria is going to work.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Why Obama's strategy in Iraq/Syria is going to work.

Post by Dr. NO »

"How many lives did this legally armed citizen save ? "

You did note that this armed citizen is a retired RCMP AND Sergeant at Arms for the Parliament, right? I would assume as a retired national officer he would be allowed to carry that weapon. Not sure his Parliamentary duty requires it.

OK, had this all written out and lost my WI-FI connection. Duty of the Sergeant at Arms includes security provided by the RCMP. He is a retired RCMP officer so probably has the right to carry concealed. Not sure or could not find if that is a requirement of his office.

Drill rifles are look alikes to the real thing. The bolt action does not work or move so a true drill rifle is useless to anyone intent on defense or shooting.

Training rifles are used mostly for familiarity of the weapon. These are set up to not fire but for training purposes, and some drill purposes (inspections) the bold and such do work and you could load the chamber. You would need to buy or make a firing pin at least to make it operational. If this type of rifle is what the guards and such carry in DC they are useless. Hopefully Secret Service and other guards are fully armed and ready to head off any action such as occurred in Ottawa.

Ah, last comment regarding the soldier at the memorial. A report stated his weapon was not loaded. It did not mention if he was issued live ammunition. I doubt even with a loaded gun the ambush would have resulted the same.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Between you guys and Facebook I'm getting pretty good at this research stuff, but I hate researching information, especially when the give you information you did not ask for.

Shut up and Ski!

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:Between you guys and Facebook I'm getting pretty good at this research stuff, :like but I hate researching information, especially when the give you information you did not ask for.
it takes a lot of effort to separate the wheat from the chaff...good on anyone who does their own due diligence...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Here's kind of a fun video. Two ISIS soldiers plant a flag on a hill outside of Kobane and a jet drops 4 bombs and takes out the flag and at least one ISIS guy. If the other soldier survived he will never see or hear again, but he's probably dead.

http://news.yahoo.com/isis-plants-flag- ... 14592.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

More than 2 on that hill. The one running toward the camera may have survived the initial blast, but NOBODY on that hill survived the 2nd set of explosions. Kind of a waste of ordinance for a small return but loved the Kurds (I think it was they) cheering the aftermath.

Shut up and Ski!

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bump:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/ ... ZM20150107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.S.-led air strikes have hit 3,222 Islamic State targets: Pentagon

The targets damaged or destroyed included:

- 58 tanks;

- 184 HMMWVs, the highly mobile multi-purpose wheeled vehicles known as Humvees;

- 26 armored personnel vehicles;

- 303 technical vehicles;

- 394 other vehicles;

- 79 artillery, anti-aircraft weapons or mortars;

- 41 staging areas;

- 11 improvised explosive device positions;

- 16 command posts;

- 92 checkpoints;

- 17 guard shacks;

- 980 other buildings or barracks;

- 673 fighting positions;

- 52 bunkers;

- 14 boats;

- 23 stockpiles;

- 259 oil infrastructure sites.

No aircraft were on the list, Warren said.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Months of Airstrikes Fail to Slow Islamic State in Syria
Militant Group Has Gained Territory Despite U.S.-Led Strikes, Raising Concerns of the Obama Administration’s Mideast Strategy.
By
Dion Nissenbaum

WASHINGTON—More than three months of U.S. airstrikes in Syria have failed to prevent Islamic State militants from expanding their control in that country, according to U.S. and independent assessments, raising new concerns about President Barack Obama’s military strategy in the Middle East.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-led-air ... 1421271618" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The following Wall Street Journal graphic shows that ISIS has more than tripled the amount of territory it holds in Syria since the U.S. started bombing:

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:Months of Airstrikes Fail to Slow Islamic State in Syria
Militant Group Has Gained Territory Despite U.S.-Led Strikes, Raising Concerns of the Obama Administration’s Mideast Strategy.
By
Dion Nissenbaum

WASHINGTON—More than three months of U.S. airstrikes in Syria have failed to prevent Islamic State militants from expanding their control in that country, according to U.S. and independent assessments, raising new concerns about President Barack Obama’s military strategy in the Middle East.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-led-air ... 1421271618" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The following Wall Street Journal graphic shows that ISIS has more than tripled the amount of territory it holds in Syria since the U.S. started bombing:

The author of the article makes the startling assumption that the administration HAS a strategy.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
By
Dion Nissenbaum

The author of the article makes the startling assumption that the administration HAS a strategy.
:like
mach es sehr schnell

Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
By
Dion Nissenbaum

:like
They DO have a strategy, that strategy is to do SOMETHING even if its the wrong thing and come way too late to be useful. This president could use some decent advisors. The ones he has now SUCK.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Strategy: Kick the can down the road. After the beheadings of the two Americans and Obama knew he would have to do something the talking point was "this is going to take a long time". It will take a long time, but they were really pushing the point.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Obama's policies in Yemem seem to have worked out well, not.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Obama compared the barbarism of the crusades to what ISIS is doing in the middle east. He said something to the effect that Christians need to get off their high horse if we think we're morally superior because of what was done in the crusades. Isn't it hard to compare events that happen hundreds of years apart? Obama also said Christianity was used to defend slavery. I guess we just need a half ass approach to getting rid of ISIS because we're just as bad as they are.
This is more of Obama saying/doing things he would have never done in his first term when he had to be reelected.
rel-ofmc[1].gif
rel-ofmc[1].gif (2.09 KiB) Viewed 842 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:Obama compared the barbarism of the crusades to what ISIS is doing in the middle east. He said something to the effect that Christians need to get off their high horse if we think we're morally superior because of what was done in the crusades. Isn't it hard to compare events that happen hundreds of years apart? Obama also said Christianity was used to defend slavery. I guess we just need a half ass approach to getting rid of ISIS because we're just as bad as they are.
This is more of Obama saying/doing things he would have never done in his first term when he had to be reelected.
rel-ofmc[1].gif
indeed, the crusades began in 1095, almost a thousand years ago, consisted of six more major crusades and numerous minor ones spanning @ 200 years and ended @ 725 years ago in 1291 ...

totally relevant...I mean we all have a brother or an uncle or an aunt, maybe a grandparent, that participated in the crusades...
mach es sehr schnell