Obama wants to CONTROL the Internet

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Re: Obama wants to CONTROL the Internet

Post by Rime & Reason »

Dickc wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
Dickc wrote:I am 6' 5 1/2" in a world where almost everyone else is shorter. Many things are built shorter so I am constantly whacking my head on things that are too low.

Now my question is: Is that a genetic defect or a short coming by society for failing to take tall people such as myself into account?
Sorry Dickc, but Madhatter seems to think you only have 2 options. Choice or Genetic Defect, and since you did not choose to be that tall ...

I, on the other hand, think you merely have a genetic difference. Not better, not worse, just different. We all have them. Unfortunately, Maddie wants to be harshly judgmental with his labels and can’t understand why nobody wants to talk to him about it.
Would you care to address the societal bias against people with height? Everything is built for shorter people. There are automobiles I cannot even consider when car shopping as I cannot get the seat far enough back! I have less than one inch between my leg and the dash in my wife's Accord. It does concern me as any slight deformation in an accident and my leg and knee are toast. According to some liberal schools of thought, all those cars I am to big to fit in or that are too small for my safety should be banned!

All that is just one category of discrimination we face simply for being on the high side of the height bell curve.
Dickc, my point was simply that your height makes you different, not better or worse. I think Madhatter calling these differences “defects” is wrong and insulting.

I disagree with your statement, “Everything is built for shorter people.” I know many people that are shorter than average that would say the exact opposite! I think most things are built for average height people. Okay, airline seats and other situations where businesses are trying to squeeze in as many people as possible – those are biased against you larger types. But cars, doors, beds, bikes, etc. are generally built to fit the greatest number of people, or average sized folks. I guess short men, and tall women have an advantage as their size difference overlaps the other gender’s “normal” range, but short women probably find it just as annoying as the taller guys do. That would be an interesting topic for debate ... should companies be required to make products fit a larger range of body sizes? As you mentioned, with something like automobiles this becomes a serious safety issue.

Again, not trying to hate on short or tall people. I was just trying to turn Madhatter’s negative language around and personalize it for him, so that he could understand why so many people find his style of posting here to be offensive and not worth responding to.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Rime & Reason wrote:
Dickc wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
Dickc wrote:I am 6' 5 1/2" in a world where almost everyone else is shorter. Many things are built shorter so I am constantly whacking my head on things that are too low.

Now my question is: Is that a genetic defect or a short coming by society for failing to take tall people such as myself into account?
Sorry Dickc, but Madhatter seems to think you only have 2 options. Choice or Genetic Defect, and since you did not choose to be that tall ...

I, on the other hand, think you merely have a genetic difference. Not better, not worse, just different. We all have them. Unfortunately, Maddie wants to be harshly judgmental with his labels and can’t understand why nobody wants to talk to him about it.
Would you care to address the societal bias against people with height? Everything is built for shorter people. There are automobiles I cannot even consider when car shopping as I cannot get the seat far enough back! I have less than one inch between my leg and the dash in my wife's Accord. It does concern me as any slight deformation in an accident and my leg and knee are toast. According to some liberal schools of thought, all those cars I am to big to fit in or that are too small for my safety should be banned!

All that is just one category of discrimination we face simply for being on the high side of the height bell curve.
Dickc, my point was simply that your height makes you different, not better or worse. I think Madhatter calling these differences “defects” is wrong and insulting.

I disagree with your statement, “Everything is built for shorter people.” I know many people that are shorter than average that would say the exact opposite! I think most things are built for average height people. Okay, airline seats and other situations where businesses are trying to squeeze in as many people as possible – those are biased against you larger types. But cars, doors, beds, bikes, etc. are generally built to fit the greatest number of people, or average sized folks. I guess short men, and tall women have an advantage as their size difference overlaps the other gender’s “normal” range, but short women probably find it just as annoying as the taller guys do. That would be an interesting topic for debate ... should companies be required to make products fit a larger range of body sizes? As you mentioned, with something like automobiles this becomes a serious safety issue.

Again, not trying to hate on short or tall people. I was just trying to turn Madhatter’s negative language around and personalize it for him, so that he could understand why so many people find his style of posting here to be offensive and not worth responding to.
Good answer! :Toast
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:Madhatter, did you notice what I did over those last few posts? posted third grade level stupidity? that's EVERY thread you post in dude...You got supremely pissed off at meyer too stupid to be mad at yer laughable at best but mostly just pathetic.... because I suggested your below average height and weight wait you conveniently forgot "girlish figure" would be considered a genetic defect, and all I was doing was using your own definition! your comprehension borders on a sub human level...there's like 2-3 posters on K-zone this stupid and I'm pretty sure yer all of em...Can you understand now that when you go out of your way to use such ugly and hateful language like “defect”might want to learn the definition of that word, idiot... or ridiculous comparisons to pedophilia or bestiality, that no one wants to discuss these things with you? don't care, I post fact, you hide from it....and thrash anyone who even remotely posts ANYTHING contrary to your leftwing looney toon drivel... Most people simply aren't interested in responding to your lame attacks, and dismiss them out of hand, but I find you so amusing I make time for it...If a “ripped musclebound stud” like yourself goes off his rocker because of a little insult, just imagine how the rest of us again I've seen NO ONE consider you part of their "us", seems more like yer just a lonely moron w a simplistic understanding of the world, desperate to have someone, anyone on your side....more normal folks might feel when you go on one of your hate filled rants.
yer simply a f@cking imbecile I just set the record straight...You wanna invent a strawhatter to your liking? tough sh!t..So I'm gonna rub in yer face just exactly who I am, despite the fact that I normally consider that kinda behavior "unbecoming"... but seeing as you're such an insecure woos hiding behind your multiple screen names it's kinda fun, now go take a look in the mirror and remind yourself why yer such such an insecure childish sociopath with a glaring inferiority complex...

again you and all the adolescent minded libtards like you want to redefine EVERY term to fit your agenda...not happening... you have a third grade understanding of physiology and pretty much everything else. you follow me around from thread to thread just like homostar does :wink: :wink: , doing everything you can to try and rally people around you and your hatred for the madhatter...while there may be plenty here who don't particularly care that much for me, I highly doubt any of them want to join you in your imbecilic "attack madhatter campaign"...

FYI

pedophilia
bestiality
homosexuality

ALL sexual preferences...all occurring in a very minor number of the population... all deviant from the norm...all of that is indisputable fact...sorry if you can;t deal w reality...whether people are BORN with those traits or acquire them is a fair question you simply cannot fathom...If you or anyone else has an actual answer post it up, otherwise, ya got nuttin...

And yer obsession with me is beginning to get beyond weird...ya wanna buy some of my dirty skivvies to take home and sniff so you don;t get lonely? bitch...25 bux I'll give ya the dirty sanchez undiewrap cornlog special...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:
Dickc wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:

Dickc, my point was simply that your height makes you different, not better or worse. actually it makes him much better at certain things and also disadvantages him in other situations...Explain how being genetically programmed to not reproduce provides ANY advantage at all, otherwise your "theory" or "comparison" is invalid...I think Madhatter calling these differences “defects” is wrong and insulting.but your opinion is irrelevant in the scientific world...the word "defect" has a specific definition...it's not subject to opinion... and that is the crux of your misguided and uninformed position....not only are you not comparing apple to apples, yer comparing apples to your imagination...you're just that clueless... again, when you get beyond a third grade understanding of physiology perhaps you might have something to offer but right now yer just parroting left wing talking points that you can;t back up with anything except personal attacks on dissent...and FYI madhatter didn't call being short or tall defects madhatter called them genetic variations , which is exactly what they are...being born genetically incapable of reproducing is called a defect...it's not "hateful" its nothing that needs to be punished or railed against... but it's still a defect...maybe you just need a good thesaurus?...

I disagree with your statement, “Everything is built for shorter people.” I know many people that are shorter than average that would say the exact opposite! I think most things are built for average people. same w laws dumb@ss, they are designed to fit the AVERAGE and often don;t exactly accommodate those outside the average quite so well... Dipsh!ts like you want to change that and cater to every miniscule subset at the expense of every other subset...Okay, airline seats and other situations where businesses are trying to squeeze in as many people as possible – those are biased against you larger types. But cars, doors, beds, bikes, etc. are generally built to fit the greatest number of people, or average sized folks. I guess short men, and tall women have an advantage as their size difference overlaps the other gender’s “normal” range, but short women probably find it just as annoying as the taller guys do. That would be an interesting topic for debate ... should companies be required to make products fit a larger range of body sizes? As you mentioned, with something like automobiles this becomes a serious safety issue.

oh I get why ya don;t like it, but that's too bad... You don't get to redefine words to suit your agenda...Now if you or mcgillicutty or anyone else can answer the nature vs nurture question I posed with anything even remotely valid, that just might invalidate my question and prove your point... until then the question remains both valid and judicious....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

Dickc wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
Dickc wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:

Good answer! :Toast
Thanks, and a second thanks for keeping it polite! :Toast
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

And now, from the ridiculous to the totally absurd...

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/22/8270411/ca ... executions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Change it to ballot measure to legalize killing lawyers then I am good with it.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Something to think about

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-pavl ... lp00000592" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:Madhatter, you're almost 50 years old and have no children. Going by your own definition, doesn't that make you genetically defective?
not when it's by CHOICE...
Oh, I was not aware that was your “choice”.indeed, "not aware" is probbaly your most accurate descriptor... Hmm ... how about you short height and slim, girlish figure? as opposed to a bloated dopey bag of flab? sounds good to me...even if yer still clueless...At 5'8" I'm a ripped musclebound stud that chicks still chase after...not much girlish about that, so you keep enjoying yer strawhatter fantasy while I continue to live in the real world and reap the benefits...That must have made it more difficult for you to find a wife. Certainly not your “choice” to look that way. Would you consider that a genetic defect?
hahhahhaha my wife is an absolute knockout and a kick@ss skier and MTB'r who's not afraid to get her hands dirty and more than pulls her own weight...been w her since the 80's too...keep on w your desperate personal attack smear campaign...when it comes to actual substance you got less than nothing...

oh yeah while I'm at it I'm also an AWESOME skier( damn good at tele and snowboard too)...When I took my AASI exam the head of the K development team said "we can use a guy like you" and offered me a standing job offer...When I went to tele-tuesdays the class thought I was the instructor ( A HUGE compliment IMO as the actual instructor is a truly great skier) in fact the instructor also told me to come by K for a referral any time...People come up to me on the hill all the time and ask me to teach them to "ski like you", some even show up again on their own another week looking for more instruction...I even get homostars coveted "yells" off the lift and I don't even have to do "something cool" I guess my plain ol' skiing must be cool enough...I'm also an expert in movement analysis and pretty good w evaluating skis...All that combined makes me a great source of referrals and most of the ski shops on the road know me and know that, which is why most of them offer me steep discounts, free demos, free tunes and other perks...

If you feel the need to discredit me in order to make up for your plethora of shortcomings and general lack of intellect have at it... hell you've even attempted to make physical threats to me

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39290&p=536414&hili ... ly#p536414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rime & Reason wrote: Now that we all know Madhatter is that little guy gingerly making his way down the bumps with 159cm K2 Extremes, I think a lot of us should stop and say hello.
but of course only if you could get "a lot of us" to join you... I'm kinda doubting there's anyone here who considers you part of their "us"...

and if others choose to ignore my advice and opinions based on your attacks, that's their loss...
Wow
Always wondered who the best skier at Killington is. Now I know. He just told us.

:lol:
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:Madhatter, you're almost 50 years old and have no children. Going by your own definition, doesn't that make you genetically defective?
not when it's by CHOICE...
Oh, I was not aware that was your “choice”.indeed, "not aware" is probbaly your most accurate descriptor... Hmm ... how about you short height and slim, girlish figure? as opposed to a bloated dopey bag of flab? sounds good to me...even if yer still clueless...At 5'8" I'm a ripped musclebound stud that chicks still chase after...not much girlish about that, so you keep enjoying yer strawhatter fantasy while I continue to live in the real world and reap the benefits...That must have made it more difficult for you to find a wife. Certainly not your “choice” to look that way. Would you consider that a genetic defect?
hahhahhaha my wife is an absolute knockout and a kick@ss skier and MTB'r who's not afraid to get her hands dirty and more than pulls her own weight...been w her since the 80's too...keep on w your desperate personal attack smear campaign...when it comes to actual substance you got less than nothing...

oh yeah while I'm at it I'm also an AWESOME skier( damn good at tele and snowboard too)...When I took my AASI exam the head of the K development team said "we can use a guy like you" and offered me a standing job offer...When I went to tele-tuesdays the class thought I was the instructor ( A HUGE compliment IMO as the actual instructor is a truly great skier) in fact the instructor also told me to come by K for a referral any time...People come up to me on the hill all the time and ask me to teach them to "ski like you", some even show up again on their own another week looking for more instruction...I even get homostars coveted "yells" off the lift and I don't even have to do "something cool" I guess my plain ol' skiing must be cool enough...I'm also an expert in movement analysis and pretty good w evaluating skis...All that combined makes me a great source of referrals and most of the ski shops on the road know me and know that, which is why most of them offer me steep discounts, free demos, free tunes and other perks...

If you feel the need to discredit me in order to make up for your plethora of shortcomings and general lack of intellect have at it... hell you've even attempted to make physical threats to me

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39290&p=536414&hili ... ly#p536414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rime & Reason wrote: Now that we all know Madhatter is that little guy gingerly making his way down the bumps with 159cm K2 Extremes, I think a lot of us should stop and say hello.
but of course only if you could get "a lot of us" to join you... I'm kinda doubting there's anyone here who considers you part of their "us"...

and if others choose to ignore my advice and opinions based on your attacks, that's their loss...
Wow
Always wondered who the best skier at Killington is. Now I know. He just told us.

again w the comprehension issues? where do you see "best"? or "best skier at Killington" there are MANY awesome skiers at Killington and elsewhere... I see who's out there, I'm a good skier, better than most, still many are better... again I'm a 50 yr old regular joe ( guess I can't go w the ronald mcdonald thing anymore ... it was fun while it lasted...)... but I'm certain I can out ski hwystar...
mach es sehr schnell

steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

deadheadskier wrote:Wow

Who cares?

I certainly don't.

I ski for my own enjoyment.

Only douche bags like you care.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

<sarcasm>

I don't care how good anyone is either.

That's the point. Never would I go on and on and on about how great I am like madbragger does above. Even if I were the spawn of Phil Mahre and Donna Weinbrect I wouldn't write that. I was honestly a bit embarrassed for him just reading it.

And then for him to continue to suggest he doesn't brag like Highwaystar?

Laughable

The man knows no modesty what so ever.

Legend in his own mind and willing to tell all.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

deadheadskier wrote:<sarcasm>

That's the point. Never would I go on and on and on about how great I am like madbragger does above. Even if I were the spawn of Phil Mahre and Donna Weinbrect I wouldn't write that. I was honestly a bit embarrassed for him just reading it.

Laughable

This from the man who claims he's a better skier than me.

I couldn't care less hypocrite, you're probably right, who cares.

After all I am an old man as you so frequently like to say.

As far as them two, let them duke it out.

That's entertainment.

As for you you're a never has been.

At least I was.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Excuse me?

You're the one who insinuated you were a better skier than me first. Must be your senility kicking in.

You're the one obsessed with me; chasing me all around the internet to throw insults at me.

What happened old man? Is your retirement that lame and boring that you've got nothing better to do?

Can't believe I continously have to defend myself from some geriatric stalker. It's like a bad Monty python sketch
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:<sarcasm>

Laughable

It ain't braggin' motherf@cker if ya back it up....

Kid Mock--Out
mach es sehr schnell