Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Obama wants to CONTROL the Internet

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote: If your baby needs to come out of a test tube you probably don't need one whether you're gay or straight. Elton shouldn't be a father too much of a freak.
Really? You're opposed to IVF for couples that have issues?
After Kate plus 8 and Octomom I'm not a strong supporter. If you have to use a lab maybe you should just give up. What do you think about the new 3 parent babies in the UK?
I guess my real problem with this whole thing is Elton trying to come across as though using a surrogate is normal and anyone who doesn't agree with him is immoral. When it's Elton that's pushing the moral envelope.
I also don't go for that Frisbee Golf.
Nothing like using the extremes to justify denial to everyone else. There are thousands of couples using IVF every year that you don't hear about that are quite normal but have problems conceiving naturally for one reason or another.
personally I am neither for or against that procedure, but I'm not so fond of insurance ( that draws its premiums from people like me) that pays for any of it...it's elective...If you want that coverage it s/b extra... or paid for completely out of pocket...
Separate issue completely from that raised by freeski, who challenged the procedure itself by saying "If your baby needs to come out of a test tube you probably don't need one whether you're gay or straight" then going on to lump Elton John, Kate plus 8 and the Octomom all into the same basket.

By the way, not every insurance policy covers IVF. So, if you don't want to pay for it in your insurance, make sure your policy doesn't cover it. Of course, that same policy might not cover some procedures you may need either.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:Elton wants everyone to be tolerant of his bizarre life choices and has no tolerance for another's point of view. I try to be a live and live type so if people want test tube babies and can pay for it on their own, more power to them. I do think the whole thing is a little creepy though, but it's been going on since the late '70s and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. I guess Bubba's right the science has helped a lot of couples out, but I won't admit that.
I think you just admitted it.

As for Elton, what is bizarre about his being gay and married? And who says his being gay is a choice?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:Elton wants everyone to be tolerant of his bizarre life choices and has no tolerance for another's point of view. I try to be a live and live type so if people want test tube babies and can pay for it on their own, more power to them. I do think the whole thing is a little creepy though, but it's been going on since the late '70s and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. I guess Bubba's right the science has helped a lot of couples out, but I won't admit that.
I think you just admitted it.

As for Elton, what is bizarre about his being gay and married? he's also quite flamboyant especially in is younger years and definitely dressed bizarre w the glasses and sequined outfits so "bizarre life choices"certainly fits, though bizarre has been taken to whole new level in just about every arena since EJ's heyday... And who says his being gay is a choice?who says it's not? same argument that's been going on above...sans the red hair...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Doing cocaine and drinking a fifth of gin then dressing up like a duck is bizarre, but it was all in the name of rock and roll so I guess that's okay. It's not like he was the only one. Well, he was the only one with the duck part I guess.
Some people are born gay with some guys it's easy to tell. For the woman it's tougher to tell. I think that maybe more woman choose to become gay later in life. Also, I think woman are more prone to be bisexual which isn't always a bad thing.
onStage_005[1].jpg
onStage_005[1].jpg (125.12 KiB) Viewed 623 times
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

Madhatter, you're almost 50 years old and have no children. Going by your own definition, doesn't that make you genetically defective?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:Madhatter, you're almost 50 years old and have no children. Going by your own definition, doesn't that make you genetically defective?
not when it's by CHOICE...ya see how that works? Genetics has absolutely nothing to do with it...back to the question of nature vs nurture... is it learned behavior or is is it genetically programmed? I though you lefties were supposed to be all about "science"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_versus_nurture" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:Madhatter, you're almost 50 years old and have no children. Going by your own definition, doesn't that make you genetically defective?
not when it's by CHOICE...
Oh, I was not aware that was your “choice”. Hmm ... how about you short height and slim, girlish figure? That must have made it more difficult for you to find a wife. Certainly not your “choice” to look that way. Would you consider that a genetic defect?
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Oh, I was not aware that was your “choice”. Hmm ... how about you short height and slim, girlish figure? That must have made it more difficult for you to find a wife. Certainly not your “choice” to look that way. Would you consider that a genetic defect?
I am 6' 5 1/2" in a world where almost everyone else is shorter. Many things are built shorter so I am constantly whacking my head on things that are too low.

Now my question is: Is that a genetic defect or a short coming by society for failing to take tall people such as myself into account?
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

Dickc wrote:I am 6' 5 1/2" in a world where almost everyone else is shorter. Many things are built shorter so I am constantly whacking my head on things that are too low.

Now my question is: Is that a genetic defect or a short coming by society for failing to take tall people such as myself into account?
Sorry Dickc, but Madhatter seems to think you only have 2 options. Choice or Genetic Defect, and since you did not choose to be that tall ...

I, on the other hand, think you merely have a genetic difference. Not better, not worse, just different. We all have them. Unfortunately, Maddie wants to be harshly judgmental with his labels and can’t understand why nobody wants to talk to him about it.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Oh, I was not aware that was your “choice”.indeed, "not aware" is probbaly your most accurate descriptor... Hmm ... how about you short height and slim, girlish figure? as opposed to a bloated dopey bag of flab? sounds good to me...even if yer still clueless...At 5'8" I'm a ripped musclebound stud that chicks still chase after...not much girlish about that, so you keep enjoying yer strawhatter fantasy while I continue to live in the real world and reap the benefits...That must have made it more difficult for you to find a wife. Certainly not your “choice” to look that way. Would you consider that a genetic defect?
hahhahhaha my wife is an absolute knockout and a kick@ss skier and MTB'r who's not afraid to get her hands dirty and more than pulls her own weight...been w her since the 80's too...keep on w your desperate personal attack smear campaign...when it comes to actual substance you got less than nothing...

oh yeah while I'm at it I'm also an AWESOME skier( damn good at tele and snowboard too)...When I took my AASI exam the head of the K development team said "we can use a guy like you" and offered me a standing job offer...When I went to tele-tuesdays the class thought I was the instructor ( A HUGE compliment IMO as the actual instructor is a truly great skier) in fact the instructor also told me to come by K for a referral any time...People come up to me on the hill all the time and ask me to teach them to "ski like you", some even show up again on their own another week looking for more instruction...I even get homostars coveted "yells" off the lift and I don't even have to do "something cool" I guess my plain ol' skiing must be cool enough...I'm also an expert in movement analysis and pretty good w evaluating skis...All that combined makes me a great source of referrals and most of the ski shops on the road know me and know that, which is why most of them offer me steep discounts, free demos, free tunes and other perks...

If you feel the need to discredit me in order to make up for your plethora of shortcomings and general lack of intellect have at it... hell you've even attempted to make physical threats to me

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39290&p=536414&hili ... ly#p536414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rime & Reason wrote: Now that we all know Madhatter is that little guy gingerly making his way down the bumps with 159cm K2 Extremes, I think a lot of us should stop and say hello.
but of course only if you could get "a lot of us" to join you... I'm kinda doubting there's anyone here who considers you part of their "us"...

and if others choose to ignore my advice and opinions based on your attacks, that's their loss...
Last edited by madhatter on Mar 18th, '15, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:
Dickc wrote:I am 6' 5 1/2" in a world where almost everyone else is shorter. Many things are built shorter so I am constantly whacking my head on things that are too low.

Sorry Dickc, but Madhatter seems to think you only have 2 options.you have a third grade level of comprehension at best, no offense to third graders... Choice or Genetic Defect, and since you did not choose to be that tall ...brilliant reasoning skills there no rime or reason....does it hurt being that stupid?

I, on the other hand, think you don't think, you mindlessly parrot...you merely have a genetic difference.um the word you are looking for is "variation" there are many genetic variations that are considered "normal" or "commonly occurring", e.g. hair color, eye color, skin color, height, weight...none of which would be considered a defect and none of which hinder a species in survival or performing it's ultimate task-- reproduction... down syndrome, on the other hand would be considered a "defect" not a variation and certainly not normal or commonly occurring...being born sterile would also be considered a "defect" also not normal or commonly occurring...hope you enjoyed the sixth grade physiology lesson...But I'm sure it's at least 3 grade levels above your understanding... Not better, not worse, just different. We all have them. Unfortunately, Maddie wants to be harshly judgmental with his labels and can’t understand why nobody wants to talk to him about it.
mach es sehr schnell

Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

madhatter wrote:I'm a ripped musclebound stud that chicks still chase after...
Sorry for the delayed response. It is hard to type when I am laughing so hard. Classic post, truly classic.

Why do you keep thinking I’ve made “physical threats” against you? You seem very proud of all the strangers seeking out your advice on the hill and shouting at you from the lift. Don’t you also want all your friends here at Kzone to stop and say “Hello” when we see you skiing the spring bumps on your new 163cm Head Rev 85’s?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:I'm a ripped musclebound stud that chicks still chase after...
Sorry for the delayed response. It is hard to type when I am laughing so hard. Classic post, truly classic.again just the facts...membership has it's privileges...sux to be you...

Why do you keep thinking I’ve made “physical threats” against you? because you are a maladjusted sociopath who absolutely did...You seem very proud of all the strangers seeking out your advice on the hill and shouting at you from the lift. just posting up the facts, facts that totally fly in the face of your imbecilic strawhatter...Don’t you also want all your friends here at Kzone to stop and say “Hello” when we see you skiing the spring bumps on your new 163cm Head Rev 85’s?
like everyone else here I think you are a dimwitted turd and want nothing to do with you....and again it doesn't seem like there is anyone here who even remotely considers you part of their "us"...
mach es sehr schnell

Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

Madhatter, did you notice what you did over those last few posts? You got supremely pissed off at me because I suggested your below average height and weight would be considered a genetic defect, and all I was doing was using your own definition! Can you understand now that when you go out of your way to use such ugly and hateful language like “defect” or ridiculous comparisons to pedophilia or bestiality, that no one wants to discuss these things with you? If a “ripped musclebound stud” like yourself goes off his rocker because of a little insult, just imagine how the rest of us more normal folks might feel when you go on one of your hate filled rants.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Rime & Reason wrote:

Sorry Dickc, but Madhatter seems to think you only have 2 options. Choice or Genetic Defect, and since you did not choose to be that tall ...

I, on the other hand, think you merely have a genetic difference. Not better, not worse, just different. We all have them. Unfortunately, Maddie wants to be harshly judgmental with his labels and can’t understand why nobody wants to talk to him about it.
Would you care to address the societal bias against people with height? Everything is built for shorter people. There are automobiles I cannot even consider when car shopping as I cannot get the seat far enough back! I have less than one inch between my leg and the dash in my wife's Accord. It does concern me as any slight deformation in an accident and my leg and knee are toast. According to some liberal schools of thought, all those cars I am to big to fit in or that are too small for my safety should be banned!

All that is just one category of discrimination we face simply for being on the high side of the height bell curve.