Brian Williams....

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Brian Williams....

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:Bush & Cheney willfully lied about Iraq, why aren't they in jail yet....?

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/10/yes_bus ... bout_this/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cuz no one who has a say in that reads salon? except maybe for a laugh...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Brian Williams Suspended Six Months in Wake of Review

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bri ... ew-n304086" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NBC News is suspending Nightly News managing editor and anchor Brian Williams for six months, without pay, in the wake of an internal review of comments about his experiences in the early days of the Iraq war.

In a memo to the entire staff, NBC News president Deborah Turness announced the decision, saying it was effective immediately.

"We let Brian know of our decision earlier today. Lester Holt will continue to substitute Anchor the NBC Nightly News," said Turness.

Holt has been filling in for Williams since Monday after the anchor voluntarily took a leave of absence following growing controversy over his telling of an anecdote from 2003.

In a piece on Jan. 30 on Nightly News, Williams took Command Sergeant Major Tim Terpak, who just retired with three bronze stars, to a New York Rangers hockey game, where the vet was honored with a standing ovation by some 18,000 people at Madison Square Garden.

In honoring Terpak, Williams told the story of his helicopter being hit by an RPG, but that wasn't accurate.

On last Wednesday's Nightly News, Williams admitted, "I made a mistake in recalling the events of 12 years ago."

Turness said the review of the Williams situation "is ongoing."
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

madhatter wrote:Brian Williams Suspended Six Months in Wake of Review

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bri ... ew-n304086" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NBC News is suspending Nightly News managing editor and anchor Brian Williams for six months, without pay, in the wake of an internal review of comments about his experiences in the early days of the Iraq war.

In a memo to the entire staff, NBC News president Deborah Turness announced the decision, saying it was effective immediately.

"We let Brian know of our decision earlier today. Lester Holt will continue to substitute Anchor the NBC Nightly News," said Turness.

Holt has been filling in for Williams since Monday after the anchor voluntarily took a leave of absence following growing controversy over his telling of an anecdote from 2003.

In a piece on Jan. 30 on Nightly News, Williams took Command Sergeant Major Tim Terpak, who just retired with three bronze stars, to a New York Rangers hockey game, where the vet was honored with a standing ovation by some 18,000 people at Madison Square Garden.

In honoring Terpak, Williams told the story of his helicopter being hit by an RPG, but that wasn't accurate.

On last Wednesday's Nightly News, Williams admitted, "I made a mistake in recalling the events of 12 years ago."

I wonder if the anchor desk will change hands in the meantime. Seems as though six months in enough for Lester Holt to own it.
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

Let me personally guarantee that if you have ever been "painted" by radar, "pinged" by sonar, been on the receiving end of depth charge, torpedo or any other live fire attack you will most definitely have a very vivid and detailed memory of such. You will wish you could forget it, but you can't.

If you have never been so targeted or attacked, you might wish you had been so you could brag about it, but you will never get the facts correct.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Stache wrote:Let me personally guarantee that if you have ever been "painted" by radar, "pinged" by sonar, been on the receiving end of depth charge, torpedo or any other live fire attack you will most definitely have a very vivid and detailed memory of such. You will wish you could forget it, but you can't.

If you have never been so targeted or attacked, you might wish you had been so you could brag about it, but you will never get the facts correct.
Stache, I will take your word for it. Never been there, Never done that! :Toast
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Dickc wrote:

I wonder if the anchor desk will change hands in the meantime. Seems as though six months in enough for Lester Holt to own it.
Dickc - I think Lester Holt already owns it :wink:
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

MrsG wrote:
Dickc wrote:

Dickc - I think Lester Holt already owns it :wink:
Lester is the fill in and has been the weekend guy. Just saying that maybe when six months is up America will be happy enough with Lester that he will REMAIN as anchor.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Bush & Cheney willfully lied about Iraq, why aren't they in jail yet....?

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/10/yes_bus ... bout_this/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cuz no one who has a say in that reads salon? except maybe for a laugh...
C.I.A. Is Said to Have Bought and Destroyed Iraqi Chemical Weapons

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/world ... pe=nyt_now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Central Intelligence Agency, working with American troops during the occupation of Iraq, repeatedly purchased nerve-agent rockets from a secretive Iraqi seller, part of a previously undisclosed effort to ensure that old chemical weapons remaining in Iraq did not fall into the hands of terrorists or militant groups, according to current and former American officials....

Retired Army Lt. Gen. Richard P. Zahner, the top American military intelligence officer in Iraq in 2005 and 2006, said he did not know of any other intelligence program as successful in reducing the chemical weapons that remained in Iraq after the American-led invasion...

...Through the C.I.A.’s purchases, General Zahner said, hundreds of weapons with potential use for terrorists were quietly taken off the market. “This was a timely and effective initiative by our national intelligence partners that negated the use of these unique munitions,” he said.
mach es sehr schnell

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Highway Star wrote:So, a news anchor, that I'm sure never does anything exciting, for a center-liberal media outlet mixes up a story from over ten years ago....and the right calls for his head?

I demand to know which Fox News people are being fired for their constant, deliberate lies and fabrications!
Hey Highway Star , do us all a favor and Google "CNN lies " and when the dozens of stories that they were caught fabricating comes up please read them and educate yourself before repeating your own lies. It comes as no surprise that CNN is the number 1 choice for liberals to get their news !
Point is they all lie , it's just that CNN and NBC are the Governments mouthpiece telling you what you're suppose to think.
If you really want to know what's going on in the world watch BBC or One American News or any of the " uncontrolled " sources.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:So, a news anchor, that I'm sure never does anything exciting, for a center-liberal media outlet mixes up a story from over ten years ago....and the right calls for his head?

I demand to know which Fox News people are being fired for their constant, deliberate lies and fabrications!
Hey Highway Star , do us all a favor and Google "CNN lies " and when the dozens of stories that they were caught fabricating comes up please read them and educate yourself before repeating your own lies. It comes as no surprise that CNN is the number 1 choice for liberals to get their news !
Point is they all lie , it's just that CNN and NBC are the Governments mouthpiece telling you what you're suppose to think.
If you really want to know what's going on in the world watch BBC or One American News or any of the " uncontrolled " sources.
Why don't you just post some links from reputable sources and everyone will have extra time to read them?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

http://nypost.com/2014/11/29/why-cnn-wa ... -peaceful/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was the 1st story on the list, I'm not going to copy/paste every one as you guys can easily Google CNN lies . Plus some of the news sources might not be as " reputable " for you as NBC or Cnn !
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:http://nypost.com/2014/11/29/why-cnn-wa ... -peaceful/

This was the 1st story on the list, I'm not going to copy/paste every one as you guys can easily Google CNN lies . Plus some of the news sources might not be as " reputable " for you as NBC or Cnn !
I saw that one.

By the way, have you Googled "Fox News Lies"?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I watched several live online feeds from protesters while the protests were going on. The protests were largely non-violent / non destructive. However, there were certainly instances of arson and vandalism by a few people. The police response involved tear gas but was also not violent.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:

I watched several live online feeds from protesters while the protests were going on. The protests were largely non-violent / non destructive. However, there were certainly instances of arson and vandalism by a few people. The police response involved tear gas but was also not violent.
yeah enough to destroy 17+ businesses and do @ 4.6 million in damage... only a few... :roll:
mach es sehr schnell

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Hey Bubba if the Liberal Dems. Had as much contempt for ISIS as they do Fox News then we would have eliminated them already.