Hillary Update

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Hillary Update

Post by Dr. NO »

Atomic1 wrote:Do you realize she'll be 70 years young at the time of the Election ?
As was Regan and nobody said anything about it. Well, he did during a debate with Ducaucus stating "I will not hold your young age against you".
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Do you realize she'll be 70 years young at the time of the Election ?
As was Regan and nobody said anything about it. Well, he did during a debate with Ducaucus stating "I will not hold your young age against you".
It was against Mondale, not Dukakis, and Mondale pretty much lost the election right there in that debate. The exact quote was ""I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience". Even Mondale had to laugh.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

T. Boone Pickens thinks Hillary will drop out of the race.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/boone-pic ... 56399.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

The only way she won't run is if someone drives a wooden stake through her heart. Even if she's in prison she'll run. :|
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

This just in: Hillary Clinton is in love with a carrot.
7304908_f248[1].jpg
7304908_f248[1].jpg (9.48 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

"Yea, I just like to keep in touch with old friends". (not a direct quote). So, this Sid B. guy gathered all of this intelligence while working for the Clinton Foundation? While being PAID by the foundation? He didn't gather all of this himself. Were the people gathering the info being paid by the foundation?

Below are the emails from Sid to Hillary. Not much warm and fuzzy friendship going on. :roll:

http://gizmodo.com/read-hillary-clinton ... Gizmodo%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Democrats will support Hillary regardless of any of these issues, not because they love her but because she's pretty much the only player in the game. They would rather deal with the Hillary they don't care for but who they think can win than have a Republican in the White House, especially with a Republican Congress. Many Democrats like what Bernie Sanders stands for but don't believe he could possibly win the presidency (can you say McGovern redux?) that's why so many still want Elizabeth Warren to run. O'Malley and Chaffee are, at least at this point, non-starters as well. Is there anyone else out there that could give Hillary real competition in the primaries? It's a long way from now until the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary, but right now, even with the slow drip of stuff coming out about Hillary, she's still the only one viewed as having a chance against the Republicans.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

The convention is over a year away. A lot can happen in a year.

A little googling yielded this:
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.co ... 2016/?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Top governors, ranked by job approval ratings.

For Democrats, Mike Beebe of Arkansas is #1.

Guesses on #2?

Peter Shumlin, Vermont.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Mister Moose wrote:
Guesses on #2?
Peter Shumlin, Vermont.
Charlie Baker is up around 70% approval rating in Massachusetts which is way better than Shumlin. A moderate Republican in a Democrat-dominated state who has a Democrat chief of staff and half of his cabinet Democrats. 5.15% state income tax. Prop 2 1/2 limiting property taxes. Line item veto over the worst of the Democratic legislature pork barrel spending. Other than New Hampshire, Massachusetts is now the low tax state in the Northeast and the economy inside the 495 belt where all the people live is booming. Governing from the center works at the state level. Too bad a centrist can't ever get a Presidential nomination.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Geoff wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Guesses on #2?
Peter Shumlin, Vermont.
Charlie Baker is up around 70% approval rating in Massachusetts which is way better than Shumlin. A moderate Republican in a Democrat-dominated state who has a Democrat chief of staff and half of his cabinet Democrats. 5.15% state income tax. Prop 2 1/2 limiting property taxes. Line item veto over the worst of the Democratic legislature pork barrel spending. Other than New Hampshire, Massachusetts is now the low tax state in the Northeast and the economy inside the 495 belt where all the people live is booming. Governing from the center works at the state level. Too bad a centrist can't ever get a Presidential nomination.
oh boise, sad commentary on the state of things...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Hillary Is Running A Not-So-Smart Campaign

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2 ... t-Campaign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

More on the Clinton's foundation and its money raising activities. Unfortunately, the Democrat primary voters won't care, nor will most Democrats come November 2016.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/us ... .html?_r=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Some Dems will care. Many of the Independents will care. Can a majority of Independents and the Republicans beat all of the Dems plus some women who will vote for 1st woman? The electoral college has not been kind to the Republicans of late.