Hillary Update

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Coydog
Guru Poster

Re: Hillary Update

Post by Coydog »

Nikoli wrote:Can someone explain to me how Classified documents got off of the internal DOD networks? You cannot email yourself TS documents. You cannot forward them. Please explain?
The only way to transmit a document from the classified system is to re-type it into a unclassified one. Hillary must have re-keyed hundreds or thousands of top secret documents and emailed them to herself. This would explain the lack of classified headings and also demonstrate her clear intent. Comey presumably covered it up.

It'll all come out in the big trial they are expecting.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
Nikoli wrote:Can someone explain to me how Classified documents got off of the internal DOD networks? You cannot email yourself TS documents. You cannot forward them. Please explain?
The only way to transmit a document from the classified system is to re-type it into a unclassified one. Hillary must have re-keyed guess ya never heard of copy and paste?hundreds or thousands of top secret documents and emailed them to herself. This would explain the lack of classified headings and also demonstrate her clear intent. Comey presumably covered it up.

right so comey must have been wrong when he determined that there was classified info in her emails...he was wrong about nearly everything else too...we need to have a new investigation to clear hillary's good name...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

madhatter wrote:
hillary can do that in court...
Funny. You should familiarize yourself with sipernet. The discussion of classified information via email outside of that network is the issue at hand. Those discussions may have started before the information was considered classified. I would also ask what level of classification those documents discussed held. I doubt they held the TS classification.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
The only way to transmit a document from the classified system is to re-type it into a unclassified one. Hillary must have re-keyed guess ya never heard of copy and paste?hundreds or thousands of top secret documents and emailed them to herself. This would explain the lack of classified headings and also demonstrate her clear intent. Comey presumably covered it up.

right so comey must have been wrong when he determined that there was classified info in her emails...he was wrong about nearly everything else too...we need to have a new investigation to clear hillary's good name...
Pretty hard to copy and paste between two different computers on two different networks unless the classified system permits access to and/or from an unclassified system. Hey, that could be the security flaw Clinton willfully took advantage of all along. Look for mention of it in the memo.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:

Pretty hard to copy and paste between two different computers on two different networks unless the classified system permits access to and/or from an unclassified system. Hey, that could be the security flaw Clinton willfully took advantage of all along. Look for mention of it in the memo.
jesus does everything have to be explained to you guys...copy document, paste into word or other text editing program and email ...

the argument you and nucklehead are making is that the classified info that the FBI determined was on her computer wasn't on her computer cuz it's not possible...

clearly that can't happen, it's impossible butters isn't allowed to fly the drone without supervision...

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/ko8nx2/it-flies-by-itself" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:jesus does everything have to be explained to you guys...copy document, paste into word or other text editing program and email ...
Yeah, 'cause the classified system allows emailing to an unclassified system. That would seem like a security flaw perhaps left undetected. I guess she could have scanned a hard copy, taken it to an unsecured location, uploaded it to her server, edited out the classified headers and then email it to herself and Anthony Weiner - that must be it. I'm sure of it. Check the memo.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:jesus does everything have to be explained to you guys...copy document, paste into word or other text editing program and email ...
Yeah, 'cause the classified system allows emailing to an unclassified system. That would seem like a security flaw perhaps left undetected. I guess she could have scanned a hard copy, taken it to an unsecured location, uploaded it to her server, edited out the classified headers and then email it to herself and Anthony Weiner - that must be it. I'm sure of it. Check the memo.
so how did it get there Einstein? Comey clearly said it was there... did comey lie? get it wrong? fabricate it?

or are you once again making a pie in the sky defense?

seems to me there is enough out there to conclude that both secure and non-secure emails can be sent from a .gov account to another domain...it would follow suit that they could also receive emails from outside that domain as well...it also is reasonable to conclude that comey was correct when he said there was classified info in her emails...what security is in place or what protocols were violated isn't anything any of us can comment on cuz we either don't know, or we do know and are duty bound not to say...I'm gonna say almost all if not absolutely all of us fall into category A...

Donnie says "Vaaaa- cuuuuumm"....
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
so how did it get there Einstein? Comey clearly said it was there... did comey lie? get it wrong? fabricate it?
Maybe one of the other 3,000,000 government employees with security clearances started an email chain that didn't have proper markings. Maybe some other agency considered an email classified and DOS didn't. Here's an example of a classified paragraph in its entirety that contained the notorious ( c ):

“Purpose of Call: To offer condolences on the passing of President Mutharika and congratulate President Banda on her recent swearing in.”

Anyway, the big trial will get to the bottom of this.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

So if I go into a secure server, and read all kinds of detailed and classified discussion on how Coydog is actually Donald Trump's first child by Sarah Palin, and then I leave and email Hillary on her private server this astonishing revelation, wouldn't that be classified information on an unsecured server?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:
Maybe one of the other 3,000,000 government employees with security clearances started an email chain that didn't have proper markings. Maybe some other agency considered an email classified and DOS didn't.
Oh, you mean someone emailing from a .gov address to Clinton on her private server, which wouldn't have all those archival and security issues if Clinton didn't use the private server in the first place.

(Insert "Powell did it so she can too" remark here)
Last edited by Mister Moose on Jan 30th, '18, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
Maybe one of the other 3,000,000 government employees with security clearances started an email chain that didn't have proper markings. Maybe some other agency considered an email classified and DOS didn't. Here's an example of a classified paragraph in its entirety that contained the notorious ( c ):

“Purpose of Call: To offer condolences on the passing of President Mutharika and congratulate President Banda on her recent swearing in.”

Anyway, the big trial will get to the bottom of this.
so wait first it can't get there, then it can get there but only by some "other person" in fact any "of the other 3,000,000 government employees with security clearances " but not hillary or I guess any of her underlings?

roundy roundy round you go...ya sure yer real name ain't roundy? maybe ya just read it wrong?
mach es sehr schnell

Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:

jesus does everything have to be explained to you guys...copy document, paste into word or other text editing program and email ...

the argument you and nucklehead are making is that the classified info that the FBI determined was on her computer wasn't on her computer cuz it's not possible...

clearly that can't happen, it's impossible butters isn't allowed to fly the drone without supervision...

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/ko8nx2/it-flies-by-itself" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Again. Sipernet is an air gapped network. There is no copy and paste. There is no way to email a document to a non-secure network. There in no way to move information out of that system without jumping through a ton of hoops. Ask Edward Snowden the level of expertise required. It is the discussion of those documents outside of that network. Nothing more.
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote: The only way to transmit a document from the classified system is to re-type it into a unclassified one. Hillary must have re-keyed guess ya never heard of copy and paste?hundreds or thousands of top secret documents and emailed them to herself. This would explain the lack of classified headings and also demonstrate her clear intent. Comey presumably covered it up.

Again. Sipernet is an air gapped network. There is no copy and paste. There is no way to email a document to a non-secure network. There in no way to move information out of that system without jumping through a ton of hoops. Ask Edward Snowden the level of expertise required. It is the discussion of those documents outside of that network. Nothing more.
so we are talking about discussing classified information outside of a classified setting and in at least some cases allowing unauthorized personnel access to that conversation both intentionally and simply by default as a result of using an unsecured, out of network, unauthorized server...? I can agree with that...I'm sure any reasonable prosecutor would too...

BTW this outside of the network discussion of classified info is what is believed to have led to our ambassadors location in benghazi being exposed and eventually exploited...
mach es sehr schnell

Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

madhatter wrote:[so we are talking about discussing classified information outside of a classified setting and in at least some cases allowing unauthorized personnel access to that conversation both intentionally and simply by default as a result of using an unsecured, out of network, unauthorized server...? I can agree with that...I'm sure any reasonable prosecutor would too...

BTW this outside of the network discussion of classified info is what is believed to have led to our ambassadors location in benghazi being exposed and eventually exploited...
It would depend on if the information was classified before or after it was discussed and if those parties were notified of those changes happening. I am guessing they discussed classified information before it was marked as such. There is no crime in that. The status of information is constantly changing. Usually starting low and then moving up. Much like the FBI reported, they were careless in information sharing but not enough to charge them with a crime. I would imagine the same can be said of many others that have worked at the state department over time.
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:
madhatter wrote:[so we are talking about discussing classified information outside of a classified setting and in at least some cases allowing unauthorized personnel access to that conversation both intentionally and simply by default as a result of using an unsecured, out of network, unauthorized server...? I can agree with that...I'm sure any reasonable prosecutor would too...

It would depend on if the information was classified before or after it was discussed and if those parties were notified of those changes happening. I am guessing they discussed classified information before it was marked as such. There is no crime in that. The status of information is constantly changing. Usually starting low and then moving up. Much like the FBI reported, they were careless in information sharing but not enough to charge them with a crime. I would imagine the same can be said of many others that have worked at the state department over time.
FBI investigators reviewed the 30,000 emails Clinton turned over to the State Department in 2014. The investigation found "a very small number" contained classification markings at the time they were sent.

The State Department confirmed July 6 that it was aware of two emails that were marked confidential, the lowest level of classification, when they were sent. An aide sent the two emails to Clinton to prepare her for phone calls with foreign leaders, according to the New York Times.
ok now we are getting somewhere...
mach es sehr schnell