George Stephanopoulos

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

George Stephanopoulos

Post by Bubba »

Intentional or not, Stephanopoulos has given weight to the issue of media bias once again.

ABC faces credibility crisis over Stephanopoulos donations

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/george-steph ... 14914.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: George Stephanopoulos

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote:Intentional or not, Stephanopoulos has given weight to the issue of media bias once again.

ABC faces credibility crisis over Stephanopoulos donations

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/george-steph ... 14914.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Most informed viewers know he's a homer, but I suppose it's the sheep (a good part of the electorate) we should worry about most.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Last night on Fox it was the lead story for Bill, Meagan and Shawn. I wonder if any of these three have ever given any $ to conservative causes?
I can see where this is different with the harsh interview George gave to the Clinton Cash author. It seemed like he was using the talking points from the shrills campaign. Yea, George should know better, but as mentioned anyone who has a political clue knows he's loyal to Billary.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Remember Keith Olbermann? MSNBC suspended him for making campaign contributions against company policy. From Wikipedia:
On October 28, 2010, days before the 2010 U.S. elections, Olbermann donated $2,400 each to three Democratic candidates for Congress: Kentucky Senate candidate Jack Conway, and Arizona Democratic Representatives Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords. Grijalva had appeared on Olbermann's show immediately before Olbermann mailed the donations. In response, on November 5, MSNBC President Phil Griffin suspended him indefinitely without pay for violating a network policy which required employees to obtain approval from management before making political contributions
I wonder if ABC has a similar policy and whether a series of much larger contributions to a charitable trust run by the family of a potential candidate might be held in that same category. It's a grey area for sure.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Geraldo Rivera Bashes ABC Over George Stephanopoulos: ‘Liberal Wolves Would Be Howling In Front of Fox News’

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/geraldo-rive ... 21593.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

the guy in the middle?

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

In watching some of the clips from the interview with the author, yea this is pathetic. George clearly has a bias. ABC should punish him in some fashion. I'm not going to hold my breath. :| :bull
And he is CLEARLY using the Clinton talking points :!: :evil:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:In watching some of the clips from the interview with the author, yea this is pathetic. George clearly has a bias. ABC should punish him in some fashion. I'm not going to hold my breath. :| :bull
All he has to do is claim that he is now a "pundit" like they do on Fox.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:
freeski wrote:In watching some of the clips from the interview with the author, yea this is pathetic. George clearly has a bias. ABC should punish him in some fashion. I'm not going to hold my breath. :| :bull
yeah that AND host a talk show vs anchor a newsdesk...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
I think it's pretty much a given that most anchors are just newsreaders.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
yeah NOT pundits... NEWS s/b read in the same monotone as the old AP newswire...snuffleupagas does more than just read the news, he contributes funds to shape it...definitely should not be a debate moderator IMO...
mach es sehr schnell

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
yeah NOT pundits... NEWS s/b read in the same monotone as the old AP newswire...snuffleupagas does more than just read the news, he contributes funds to shape it...definitely should not be a debate moderator IMO...
Couldn't agree with you more.

Imagine if it was someone from Fox in this situation.

It would be the 2nd story on every news show, after Brady.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

George Stephanopoulos? I'm a big fan. He was great in Spaceballs.

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Geoff wrote:George Stephanopoulos? I'm a big fan. He was great in Spaceballs.

I knew I recognized him from somewhere....
mach es sehr schnell