Failure to turn signal...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Failure to turn signal...

Post by Highway Star »

...really annoys me.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... t-suicide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Failure to turn signal...

Post by Dickc »

Highway Star wrote:...really annoys me.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... t-suicide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lets send you to Texas and disable your turn signals! :P
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Depending upon the hour of the day, amount of traffic and what cop you happen to do things in front of, They WILL ticket you for lane changes across solid white lines, failure to use a signal, tail gating or improper lane change such as crossing 2 lanes of traffic to get to the exit. Know several who have had one or many of these type tickets. Hell, in New Haven (a half century ago) my sister was biking to school and work from near Milford into New Haven. She found an easy route on a one way street and was ticketed by NHPD for going the wrong way.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Our local police will always pull you over for not signaling as well they should.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I may have mentioned this before, but I was ticketed in Colorado Springs for going straight in a right turn only lane... since I did it twice, and the ticket had 2 infractions, it was a mandatory court appearance.

... on a bicycle.

(3 lane wide urban street with turn lanes, I was riding on the right)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

From Time Magazine on-line

What to Do If You Get Pulled Over by a Cop

http://time.com/3968875/sanda-bland-pul ... tter-brief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Great article:

The lady killed herself. Autopsy suggests she cut her wrists a few weeks ago. Interviews with other nearby inmates say she never yelled, no evidence of a murder. ALL the evidence points to suicide of a sad confused lady.

Was the cop a jerk? That’s all we hear about.

Was SHE acting like an idiot?

Oh my god! Seriously do you know anyone who would be stupid enough to argue with a cop the way she did? Wouldn’t put out a cigarette?

Wouldn’t get out of the car?

News flash! Cops have the right to ask you to get out of the car!

Anyone that refuses…. is sh!t stupid and technically breaking the law. Cops have the legal right to ask you to get out of the car and if you do not you are resisting a lawful order and they can escalate their approach to get you to comply. She refused to get out of the car for a full minute, including physical resistance, before he threatened to use his taser.

Everyone seems to be blaming the direction of the incident on the COP’s attitude. I really don’t agree.

She certainly had a much worse encounter because of HER attitude. If she had been reasonable and compliant, like most of us, black or white, do she would have left with a warning.

Anyone here want to think those cops in Bridgewater or Chester might have pulled her over for a “minor infraction”, say maybe going two miles an hour over a ridiculously low speed limit? The Vt cops I have met were all ruder than the cop here.

If she got pulled over, like we often do, would she have felt the cop was racist? Would she have been combative? I think so.

Why would she have thought that? Because it is the ridiculous default narrative for any encounter where a “person of color” interacts with a white person. People like Al Sharpton and his ilk are constantly flooding the MSM with absurd allegations of racist behavior from whites. Yeah I know it happens sometimes but all the recent examples are demonstrably fraudulent.

The problem with so many believing this fairytale version of America is that people who believe it, like Sandra Bland, will make all the WRONG choices when interacting with cops…and that never turns out well. No matter what the color of your skin.

So if I had to blame a particular person for her death (besides herself) I would choose Al Sharpton because I would bet that a lot of her inner dialogue that day, that lead to ridiculous choices, came from the echo chamber that folks like Al Sharpton fill with their hateful ideas.
Ski the edges!
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Last time I was pulled over, I stopped promptly when the police came up with their lights. Once he approached the window I figured I must have done something but really did not know what, so I greeted him with Good morning sir, what did I miss? He informed me I was speeding and I let him know what I thought the limit was (I was wrong, and had missed the sign). I got a warning even though I was 14 over the limit.

Be polite!!! They do not pull you over without some kind of reason. Do not be a dick, even if you thing THEY are!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

When the POTUS is giving national attention to individuals being pulled over and acting like idiots, but painting them as victims, it enables others to think that they too are being slighted.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:When the POTUS is giving national attention to individuals being pulled over and acting like idiots, but painting them as victims, it enables others to think that they too are being slighted.
:like :like
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:From Time Magazine on-line

What to Do If You Get Pulled Over by a Cop

http://time.com/3968875/sanda-bland-pul ... tter-brief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That all well and good but this is how you should think:
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.