boston_e
Postaholic

Re: Second Republican Debate

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:
boston_e wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
boston_e wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Don't we all agree they're in the wrong?
No, they are not in the wrong.
However, the manner in which organs are harvested and sold, including abortion procedures, should follow a controlled process with oversight. In the same way the FDA oversees drug manufacturing, the SEC oversees financial reporting, EPA oversees emissions, OCC oversees banks, etc.

If there is an established process in place and a regulatory body overseeing the process, and it's not being followed or oversight is being applied improperly, organizations should be punished ... in the same way pharmas, banks, and others are punished for not following the rules (albeit not harshly enough).
There are established federal laws regulating all of this and evidently PP broke no laws.BULLSH!T just keep ignoring the "process" regulations and any others ya don't like....

Fetal tissue research has yielded horrible things such as vaccines for Polio and Measles.
By the way, are you up riding this weekend? I MIGHT be able to get up there and take some laps.... but I Might need to rent a downhill bike if i do!
Don't Killington Pico
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:I think they should donate tissue and organs to qualified research organizations, not charge for them.
I believe this is what they do when an adult donates their organs/tissue and there isn't a recipient or the organs/tissue are not usable.
The "they" in that sentence refers to Planned Parenthood.
boston_e wrote:
Mister Moose wrote: I recently have been thinking we have been trending towards too long a presidential election process. Way too much money is spent, and that money must be raised with corresponding promises made. Most people don't even care or pay attention in the pre-primary process.
Trending towards? It is already way to long. Unless everyone really likes 18 months of innane political commercials from both sides? I can't imagine what it must be like for anyone who lives in a "swing" state.
Trending meaning moving; increasing each year. In years when a leader emerges early and holds the lead (like when W first ran) it seems entirely too long.

boston_e wrote:Well, technically they are being donated, but somebody has to cover the costs of it all... thus the "sale". So if the recipient does not pay for those costs, who does?
Yeah, I know adult organs are donated and the recipient pays transplant costs. However, when you [Planned Parenthood] have a steady supply stream, quote prices in bulk, solicit sales for a quoted price over lunch, and accept money, it sounds a lot like a sale to me. Also, the same organization creates the supply, (ie performs the abortion) removes the organs, solicits the sale, sets a price, and delivers the organs ordered. Lots of potential conflict of interest there. In adult organs, a decision is made from a waiting list by a 3rd party, the first hospital provides the facility and the first surgeon removes the organ, a transport company delivers the organ to the second hospital. The cost varies and more than one entity is involved, with multiple, separate invoices.

What's the difference between Planned Parenthood and Sears? Neither one makes any money.....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

David Brooks: The Republican Party is producing "leaders of jaw-dropping incompetence"

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/13/9521719/d ... ty?ref=yfp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Bubba wrote:David Brooks: The Republican Party is producing "leaders of jaw-dropping incompetence"

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/13/9521719/d ... ty?ref=yfp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MEH, same can be said of the Democrats too.