Obama's world

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
shortski
Site Admin

Re: Obama's world

Post by shortski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:College students graduating the last 15 years, and especially the last 8 years, have experienced the effect of crushing tuition debt firsthand very early in their lives. The last 8 years they have graduated into a soft job market and have had to adjust their expectations considerably. Their ability to repay their college debt has absorbed a much higher percentage of their income, and resulted in pushing off their first purchase of a home, or even delaying moving out from their parents home. They may emerge as a fiscally responsible voting block that recognizes irresponsible debt and votes against deficit spending in future elections.

Hopefully they will also understand why the cost of college rose so high so fast.
It's absolutely crazy. I think a lot of millennials (me included, though I argue I am a Gen Xer) are children of baby boomers, many which didn't go to college, or went when tuition was much more reasonable. I don't recall ever having a discussion with my parents, or school guidance counselors, about personal finance/economics of it all. Personally, I remain surprised the public school system / common core does not include classes in personal finance. You essentially have kids going off to college with no real awareness of how their decision will impact the rest their life. Good luck if you choose a subject area with poor job prospects.

Source: My $60k in college tuition amortized over 30 years.
Baby boomer, no college, no debt, retired at 55. Didn't get any formal training on finances. Researched attended seminars invested wisely and for the long term. It not college that makes people smart. That's basic intelligence and that is the greatest inequality. It's not race, education, social status, economic status it's intelligence inequality. Intelligent people will generally be more successful than less intelligent people. So when do the libs/progressives propose lobotomizing the intelligent people to make things fair. All the while exempting themselves from the procedure when in actuality they should be first in line.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

shortski wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:College students graduating the last 15 years, and especially the last 8 years, have experienced the effect of crushing tuition debt firsthand very early in their lives. The last 8 years they have graduated into a soft job market and have had to adjust their expectations considerably. Their ability to repay their college debt has absorbed a much higher percentage of their income, and resulted in pushing off their first purchase of a home, or even delaying moving out from their parents home. They may emerge as a fiscally responsible voting block that recognizes irresponsible debt and votes against deficit spending in future elections.

Hopefully they will also understand why the cost of college rose so high so fast.
It's absolutely crazy. I think a lot of millennials (me included, though I argue I am a Gen Xer) are children of baby boomers, many which didn't go to college, or went when tuition was much more reasonable. I don't recall ever having a discussion with my parents, or school guidance counselors, about personal finance/economics of it all. Personally, I remain surprised the public school system / common core does not include classes in personal finance. You essentially have kids going off to college with no real awareness of how their decision will impact the rest their life. Good luck if you choose a subject area with poor job prospects.

Source: My $60k in college tuition amortized over 30 years.
Baby boomer, no college, no debt, retired at 55. Didn't get any formal training on finances. Researched attended seminars invested wisely and for the long term. It not college that makes people smart. That's basic intelligence and that is the greatest inequality. It's not race, education, social status, economic status it's intelligence inequality. Intelligent people will generally be more successful than less intelligent people. So when do the libs/progressives propose lobotomizing the intelligent people to make things fair. All the while exempting themselves from the procedure when in actuality they should be first in line.
It's a different time now. Most baby boomers had pensions. We should at least provide our youth the foundation to be successful. I know plenty of intelligent people who are not fiscally responsible.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: It's a different time now. Most baby boomers had pensions. We should at least provide our youth the foundation to be successful. I know plenty of intelligent people who are not fiscally responsible.
Interesting definition of 'intelligent' you have there.
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: We should at least provide our youth the foundation to be successful.
Work hard, be honest, spend less than you earn. It's not complicated.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Yup Moose sometimes it is that simple.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: It's a different time now. Most baby boomers had pensions. We should at least provide our youth the foundation to be successful. I know plenty of intelligent people who are not fiscally responsible.
Interesting definition of 'intelligent' you have there.
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: We should at least provide our youth the foundation to be successful.
Work hard, be honest, spend less than you earn. It's not complicated.
I know it's not complicated, but apparently I'm/we're in the minority.

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

So is the Russian hack Benghazi II :?: Obama lied about the video being the cause of the riots. This was put out to protect him in the election. Cankle was right with him even lying to the families of those that died on the tarmac. Now Assange is denying Russian involvement in DNC hacks with Cankle making statements just as Obama starts the narrative.
Is Obama lying again :?:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

freeski wrote:So is the Russian hack Benghazi II :?: Obama lied about the video being the cause of the riots. This was put out to protect him in the election. Cankle was right with him even lying to the families of those that died on the tarmac. Now Assange is denying Russian involvement in DNC hacks with Cankle making statements just as Obama starts the narrative.
I don't find Assange to be very credible. His credibility comes from his victims, which attest to the legitimacy of the content he releases. Unless Assange has something credible, I'm apt to believe the FBI and CIA on this one instead of a vast conspiracy to discredit Trump. Especially considering some Republicans are resisting forming a Special Committee to investigate the matter (like we saw with Benghazi).
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
freeski wrote:So is the Russian hack Benghazi II :?: Obama lied about the video being the cause of the riots. This was put out to protect him in the election. Cankle was right with him even lying to the families of those that died on the tarmac. Now Assange is denying Russian involvement in DNC hacks with Cankle making statements just as Obama starts the narrative.
I don't find Assange to be very credible. His credibility comes from his victims, which attest to the legitimacy of the content he releases. Unless Assange has something credible, I'm apt to believe the FBI and CIA on this one instead of a vast conspiracy to discredit Trump. Especially considering some Republicans are resisting forming a Special Committee to investigate the matter (like we saw with Benghazi).
I believe Assange, but this is cloudy. McCain and Graham think it's Russia and they're looking at evidence. If I had to guess, Russia is behind it. Too bad I can't take Obama at his word.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

This is just too funny and shows why CNN cannot be trusted.

http://bgr.com/2017/01/02/cnn-hacking-f ... creenshot/
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

SnoBrdr wrote:This is just too funny and shows why CNN cannot be trusted.

http://bgr.com/2017/01/02/cnn-hacking-f ... creenshot/
Pretty funny ... they could have just did 0's and 1's or a screenshot of a linux/unix terminal or something. Doesn't matter, only a small percentage of the US can even grasp what's happening in the Tech Sector .... it's part of the reason the gov't and other tech companies have been successful at expand their reach into our lives.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

All the Black congressmen only want to talk about race in the confirmation hearing. One trick ponies. Blah, blah, blah....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Less than a week... :D
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

It's nice to see the military still nicknames their equipment. Obama is pretty brave walking out the door.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

freeski wrote: I believe Assange, but this is cloudy. McCain and Graham think it's Russia and they're looking at evidence. If I had to guess, Russia is behind it. Too bad I can't take Obama at his word.
As always, I fully believe our beloved President Elect:
President Elect Gump wrote: As far as hacking, I think it was Russia., Hacking’s bad, and it shouldn’t be done. But look at the things that were hacked, look at what was learned from that hacking.
So I guess hacking is bad, very bad and should never be done - unless he can use it against who he believes is his opposition.

I wonder how long it will take before his Twitter feed is hacked and will his head explode if/when it does?