Oregon Community College Shooting

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Oregon Community College Shooting

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:I'm sure you're very fast at getting your gun out of your safe and loading it madthugger. wow yer gettin' more creative w your cute little nicknames...good job braindeadskier...

post wasn't directed at you
why would I bother to keep it in a safe you moron?...its already loaded and ready to go should the need arise, otherwise it just sits there like any other inanimate object and does absolutely nothing.....
Spoken just like your homeboys on the Southside, Madthugger! I'd imagine some of that gold of yours is in your teeth.

JEAH!!!!!
your intense bigotry, however misplaced, is continually on display here for all to see...I'm sure you're quite proud though cuz its the "good hate" so the more intense the better...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mister Moose wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:I'm sure you're very fast at getting your gun out of your safe and loading it madthugger.
So your logic tree is

Guns are dangerous
Therefore you are liable if they aren't kept in a safe
If you keep them in a safe they aren't useful
Therefore you shouldn't have guns for self defense.
Many states require firearms to be EMPTY, Trigger Locked (CT) and locked in a safe place. Only way I see to CYA is to have one of those fingerprint safes close to your bed. Quick entry, just a touch of the hand, and it swings open with lots of room for quick withdrawal.
Don't have to be in a big city to feel safe with a gun. Rutland has many shootings and other incidents so many in town carry a gun. It just isn't advertised as Vermont has no law regarding carry concealed or carry open.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:I'm sure you're very fast at getting your gun out of your safe and loading it madthugger.
So your logic tree more like a rotted stump is

Guns are dangerous
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Mister Moose wrote:
So your logic tree is

Guns are dangerous
Yes, guns should be kept in a safe unless you're 100% certain you won't be having children in the house. The comedian is correct, way too many children die each year because of getting their hands on a loaded gun and thinking its a toy.

You can have your gun as a means of self defense. The need for it likely will never arise unless you live in a very dangerous community or take part in nefarious behavior. If it's in a safe and someone barges through your door, the chances of you getting the gun out in time is fairly limited.

Even Madthugger says it's useless to keep a gun in a safe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

deadheadskier wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
So your logic tree is

Guns are dangerous
Yes, guns should be kept in a safe unless you're 100% certain you won't be having children in the house. The comedian is correct, way too many children die each year because of getting their hands on a loaded gun and thinking its a toy.

You can have your gun as a means of self defense. The need for it likely will never arise unless you live in a very dangerous community or take part in nefarious behavior. If it's in a safe and someone barges through your door, the chances of you getting the gun out in time is fairly limited.

Even Madthugger says it's useless to keep a gun in a safe
Not all break-ins or acts of violence occur in dangerous neighborhoods. Take a look at many of these reports of armed citizens protecting themselves, their loved ones and property in nice neighborhoods and also in shopping parking lots.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many of these self defense shootings are not categorized as self defense but simply as a shooting by reports, adding to the numbers anti-gunners use.

Shut up and Ski!

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
So your logic tree is

Guns are dangerous
Many states require firearms to be EMPTY, Trigger Locked (CT) and locked in a safe place. yep they made sure that law abiding gun owners would be required to restrict their access in time of need which stopped a lot of criminals from committing crimes w guns... :roll: :roll: Only way I see to CYA is to have one of those fingerprint biometric I know people w kids and in states that require a safe that have them, safes close to your bed. Quick entry, just a touch of the hand, and it swings open with lots of room for quick withdrawal.
Don't have to be in a big city to feel safe with a gun. Rutland has many shootings and other incidents so many in town carry a gun. It just isn't advertised as Vermont has no law regarding carry concealed or carry open.
VT has a law:

http://ago.vermont.gov/divisions/crimin ... n-laws.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/vermont.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but you are correct in that:

Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont does
allow anyone
who can legally
possess
a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Vermont Residents can carry in the states of:
Arizona
, Alaska
, Kansas
and Oklahoma
with just their
state Issued Drivers License or State issued ID
if they are 21 Years of age
and can legally own a
firearm.

you are also correct that open carry is also allowed as is loaded carry in a motor vehicle provided the gun is NOT configured for hunting...

when I first moved here I was at a diner and a guy walked in w a contender on his hip and I was like holy crap das a huge gun...It seemed odd to see it then and honestly I don't think I;ve seen anyone else outside of law enforcement carry open since I've been here...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I'm not denying that guns do help some people with self defense.

I just think people over glorify how effective they are; especially when locked away in a safe. There's a lot of wannabe Dirty Harry's out there is all I'm saying.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
So your logic tree is

Guns are dangerous
Yes, guns should be kept in a safe unless you're 100% certain you won't be having children in the house. The comedian is correct, way too many children die each year because of getting their hands on a loaded gun and thinking its a toy. well that is obviously caused by a stupid and/or careless parent...

Even Madthugger says it's useless to keep a gun in a safedon;t think I said that but most certainly it IS an added restriction and when seconds count that could mean your life...I think I;ve even advocated FOR biometric safes in the past, but hey, feel free to just make up whatever you want and post it here as fact like always...
Not all break-ins or acts of violence occur in dangerous neighborhoods. Take a look at many of these reports of armed citizens protecting themselves, their loved ones and property in nice neighborhoods and also in shopping parking lots.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rural areas, gun free areas and areas w no local law enforcement can also be subject to break ins, home invasions etc...

Many of these self defense shootings are not categorized as self defense but simply as a shooting by reports, adding to the numbers anti-gunners use.
the very very vast majority of law abiding gunowners hope to never use their weapon for self defense, kinda like I hope to never use my HC insurance to treat a terminal illness, but I still buy that coverage just in case...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:why would I bother to keep it in a safe you moron?...its already loaded and ready to go should the need arise, otherwise it just sits there like any other inanimate object and does absolutely nothing.....
Yup, I made it up.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:I'm not denying that guns do help some people with self defense.

I just think people over glorify how effective they are; especially when locked away in a safe. There's a lot of wannabe Dirty Harry's out there is all I'm saying.
really? that;s what you think? that people are just itching to have the opportunity to use their gun in self defense? is that what you are implying???
who the F@CK in their right mind would think that? once a person pulls that trigger their WILL be police, their WILL be an investigation, there WILL be court time and there can always be an interpretation that doesn't favor the gunowner, so once again I'm gonna go with " you are making it up as you go along" I don;t even hunt anymore cuz I really can;t take teh killing part of it especially when I don't "need" venison to feed my family...I got a nice 8 pointer I got in CT in the 90's mounted above my desk... It was teh last deer I ever shot...I honestly felt bad for it though I know the reality is that many dear die of chronic wasting and other disease and that the population isn;t held in check by natural predators like it once was ( see barn island) and that my permit was one issued by the state with the expectation that it be filled...

we have turkey come thru the yard here and my bro said to me on the phone one day " man when its the season you should get one"

I said which one

he said " the biggest one"

my response was

so the biggest best one gets popped just cuz it was most awesome? I just can;t do it...

one day when he was up visiting, the flock came thru and he said "yeah I see why ya can;t"...

now if I needed to eat one to survive? down it goes otherwise, no need...

so yer idiotic delusion that anyone w a gun is just itchin to use it isway, way way off base ( especially in my particular case)
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:why would I bother to keep it in a safe you moron?...its already loaded and ready to go should the need arise, otherwise it just sits there like any other inanimate object and does absolutely nothing.....
Yup, I made it up.
where does madhatter say a safe is useless? you have so little comprehension...I simply have no need or reason to keep it in safe nor am I required to...why do you continually feel the need to imply things that clearly aren't there...your ability to paraphrase is quite lacking... your ability to intentionally skew and misinterpret though seem quite keen...or I suppose ya could just be a dumb@ss....
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

take it easy madthugger - you very well said safes are useless for you. I don't ever expect you to admit being wrong. Never seen it on kzone once despite you being wrong more often than you're right. It is something you are completely incapable of. Not a good look, but I digress....

Regarding the Dirty Harry comment (very sweet and touching story with the deer btw - ya big softie)

All I'm saying is a lot of gun owners talk about how great of a shot they are and how easily they'd knock off an intruder. You see it in the comments of news stories all the time. "If I were there, that criminal would have been blown to smithereens and blah, blah, blah" or they mention on a ski forum about capping someone like you know who. Lots of machismo.....go ahead, make my day stuff.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

deadheadskier wrote:take it easy madthugger - you very well said safes are useless for you. I don't ever expect you to admit being wrong. Never seen it on kzone once despite being wrong more often than you're right. Not a good look, but I digress....

Regarding the Dirty Harry comment (very sweet and touching story with the deer btw - ya big softie)

All I'm saying is a lot of gun owners talk about how great of a shot they are and how easily they'd knock off an intruder. You see it in the comments of news stories all the time. "If I were there, that criminal would have been blown to smithereens and blah, blah, blah" or they mention on a ski forum about capping someone like you know who. Lots of machismo.....go ahead, make my day stuff.
I own houses with the BR on the 2nd floor. You not sure you can hit an intruder at night coming up the stairs? As Biden said, get a shotgun. The damage will be bad, but you will not miss.

Shut up and Ski!

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:take it easy madthugger - you very well said safes are useless for you. get real a-hole I never said safes are useless yer so full of it...search madhatter and biometric safe, had along discussion w xj about it... I don't ever expect you to admit being wrong. Never seen it on kzone once despite you being wrong more often than you're right. your opinion that my opinion is wrong doesn't make it so... It is something you are completely incapable of. show me where my FACTS are wrong, not your paraphrasing or interpretation of them but the data itself...Not a good look, but I digress....kinda like the lunatic bigoted stereotypes and character assassinations you post ?

ya kind alike the vast majority of parents say " if they did that to my kid..." despite the fact that 99.9% would do nothing...are you really this dim and one dimensional or do you just pretend?

your entire issue is I hate the madhatter because he doesnt; like gay marriage, islamic extremism or liberal activists therefore I deem him crazy and will demean him at any opportunity no matter how off base,,,EXACTLY why we can never surrender our 2nd amendment rights to a supposedly unbiased panel of "deciders"....end people like you have made their decision long before the question was even brought to fore...and will be anxious to put themselves in a positions where they can mete out fairness like the IRS....
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

woah - and you accuse me of paraphrasing :lol:

okay, we're done dude. I don't want your computer to run out of red ink. I'll let you save your forum artistry for others

Peace!