oregon shooting

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

oregon shooting

Post by madhatter »

eyewitness report to "the oregonian" says the shooter asked victims to state their religion but then began shooting randomly anyway...

stay tuned...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: oregon shooting

Post by madhatter »

and now the idiot in chief is once again lying to promote his agenda " we know that the states w the most gun laws have the fewest gun deaths" yeah ok idiot... I guess the killer didn't see the gun free zone signs on campus...they need bold and 200 font maybe?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

He's live saying each time this happens he will push for gun control. Chicago can have a weekend leaving many dead and you never hear a word. I guess he doesn't think those lives matter.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Ten parents lost their children today. Ten young adults had their future taken from them. It's sad, it's unacceptable, and it's preventable. Obama is right when he says "Our thoughts and prayers are not enough. It's not enough. It does not capture the heartache and grief and anger that we should feel, and it does nothing to prevent this carnage from being inflicted someplace else in America -- next week, or a couple months from now".
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Listening to the teacher who was in the next classroom on Greta Van Greta. She said they heard small firecrackers going off in the next room. So, a girl went to check. She opened the door and was shot in the arm and stomach. She made it back to the teacher.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE TEACHER LET HER GO CHECK?

The teacher said she was barely breathing when she was taken out. Does the teacher know if the child dies it is her fault?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I'd like to know why we have a surge of active shooters now, but it didn't happen in the 30's, 50's or 70's at the frequency it is now. There were plenty of semi-automatic guns then. The Colt .45, introduced in 1911, can fire 10 rounds in seconds, and change magazines in 2 seconds. So what's changed? More bullying? More copycat from the media attention? Drug use? (Including psychotropic drugs) Are guns harder or easier to access now than 50 years ago?

Seems like we should spend some effort to identify the root causes, and not blame the weapon. There will always be weapons other than guns. Did anyone think we'd outlaw Pressure Cookers after the Boston Marathon bombing?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

If it is a school shooting it was Columbine. Columbine ushered in all of these. Especially were kids were mistreated (or feel they were) and take revenge like in Ct. Sad, but true.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Mister Moose wrote:I'd like to know why we have a surge of active shooters now, but it didn't happen in the 30's, 50's or 70's at the frequency it is now.
Violent video games may be part of the answer. Playing Pong back in the 70's would not bring out violent tendencies.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Seems like the best explanation would focus on the MASSIVE increase in SSRI prescriptions handed out by the frauds calling themselves psychiatrists. Add to that the surge in narcissistic behavior tolerated by our "progressive culture" ( every kid is an amazing special snowflake!) and you find good reason why troubled teens are no longer merely sad or at worst suicidal.....they are now proudly "speaking their mind" by homicidal behavior.

If you wish to consider the meds as a significant part of the explanation the following link is interesting

SSRIs and mass shootings:

http://ssristories.org/category/violenc ... -shooting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Sgt Eddy Brewers on Oct 2nd, '15, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.
Ski the edges!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Once again " if Obama had a son " ....................
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

so apparently this guy is a self described"mixed race, conservative who despises organized religion but is spiritual" should provide for a field day for the left wing media if it turns out to be true...

then he singled out christians who are not part of an organized religion simply by being christian and who most certainly are at least somewhat spiritual? something doesn't pass the smell test here...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:so apparently this guy is a self described"mixed race, conservative who despises organized religion but is spiritual" should provide for a field day for the left wing media if it turns out to be true...

then he singled out christians who are not part of an organized religion simply by being christian and who most certainly are at least somewhat spiritual? something doesn't pass the smell test here...
Dude killed a bunch of people, I don't think there's any merit in assessing his competence.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:so apparently this guy is a self described"mixed race, conservative who despises organized religion but is spiritual" should provide for a field day for the left wing media if it turns out to be true...

Dude killed a bunch of people, I don't think there's any merit in assessing his competence.
but that's exactly whats going to be done on countless blogs, news programs, campaign speeches and what not...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

but that's exactly whats going to be done on countless blogs, news programs, campaign speeches and what not...
I don't have cable and won't be seeking the information on the internet :like Part of the problem is the overwhelming coverage of the incident and limelight placed on the shooter. The media does our nation a disservice covering these incidents the way they do.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

The thought that comes to mind for me is a very good first step towards curtailing gun violence would be properly funding the ATF. It is their job to get illegal guns off the street. It should also be thier job to conduct internet surveillance for potential sick people who have their guns by legal means, but are looking to do harm. The tell tale signs were all there for this individual and publicly expressed. This has been the case with other sick people committing such crimes. It might not have been enough information to stop the tragedy, but there may have been a chance. This is how numerous terrorist attacks are prevented and the CIA is better at that than other domestic law enforcement agencies due to better funding. The ATF needs leadership, staffing and training that is at a CIA level to do their jobs of reducing gun violence; from gangs to lone wolf shooters committing mass murders.

Start there and see what happens.