Obama's Fed. Gov.> Pumpkins cause global warming

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Obama's Fed. Gov.> Pumpkins cause global warming

Post by Atomic1 »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10 ... tcmp=hpbt4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In my opinion the real reason this Government is coming out with this pumpkin=global warming b.s. is because it offends Islam. Next will be Christmas trees etc.

Jack-O'-Lantern: The Irish brought the Jack-O'-Lantern to America. The tradition is based on a legend about a stingy, drunken man named Jack. Jack played a trick on the devil, then made the devil promise not to take his soul. The devil, upset, promised to leave Jack alone. When Jack died, he was turned away from Heaven because he was a stingy, mean drunk. Desperate for a resting place, he went to the devil but the devil also turned him away. Stuck on earth on a dark night, Jack was lost. The devil tossed him a lighted coal from the fire of Hell, which Jack placed inside a turnip as a lamp to light his way. Since that day, he has traveled the world over with his Jack-O'-Lantern in search of a resting place. Irish children carved out turnips and potatoes to light the night on Halloween. When the Irish came to America in great numbers in the 1840's, they found that a pumpkin made an even better lantern, and this "American tradition" came to be.

Islamic Teachings
Virtually all Halloween traditions are based either in ancient pagan culture, or in Christianity. From an Islamic point of view, they all are forms of idolatry (shirk). As Muslims, our celebrations should be ones that honor and uphold our faith and beliefs. How can we worship only Allah, the Creator, if we participate in activities that are based in pagan rituals, divination, and the spirit world? Many people participate in these celebrations without even understanding the history and the pagan connections, just because their friends are doing it, their parents did it ("it's a tradition!"), and because "it's fun!"
So what can we do, when our children see others dressed up, eating candy, and going to parties? While it may be tempting to join in, we must be careful to preserve our own traditions and not allow our children to be corrupted by this seemingly "innocent" fun. When tempted, remember the pagan origins of these traditions, and ask Allah to give you strength. Save the celebration, the fun and games, for our 'Eid festivals. Children can still have their fun, and most importantly, should learn that we only acknowledge holidays that have a religious significance to us as Muslims. Holidays are not just excuses to binge and be reckless. In Islam, our holidays retain their religious importance, while allowing proper time for rejoicing, fun and games.
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Re: Obama's Fed. Gov.> Pumpkins cause global warming

Post by Rime & Reason »

Atomic1 wrote:In my opinion the real reason this Government is coming out with this pumpkin=global warming b.s. is because it offends Islam. Next will be Christmas trees etc.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (46.79 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

oh yea , by the way last week they came out with how bad bacon is for you and next will be pigs also add to global warming via methane gas so no more ham at Easter either ! Yup , the agenda is to change the American culture and traditions . I know I like to think " outside " the box and things I said years ago were thought to be absurd ... Until now !
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:oh yea , by the way last week they came out with how bad bacon is for you and next will be pigs also add to global warming via methane gas so no more ham at Easter either ! Yup , the agenda is to change the American culture and traditions . I know I like to think " outside " the box and things I said years ago were thought to be absurd ... Until now !
You're so outside the box, you're moving into a rubber room. :roll:

Here's the direct quote from the DOE that was cited verbatim by Fox:

“This Halloween, think of turning this seasonal waste into energy as a very important 'trick' that can have a positive environmental and energy impact.”

Not only are they NOT warning about pumpkins, they're saying that once the pumpkins are discarded they provide a potential source of energy in the form of methane. Another quote:

The department hopes that one day the pesky pumpkins can be turned into clean energy, and is working with industry players to develop and test “biorefineries,” facilities “capable of efficiently converting plant and waste material into affordable biofuels, biopower and other products.”

"It might not be long until the 1.3 billion pounds of pumpkins we produce annually are nearly as important to our energy security as they are to Halloween!" the department offers.

So not only are they telling you of the potential energy source, they're telling us how they're working on converting it into usable energy.

I understand your need to accept the Fox negative spin as-is but have you also given up your ability to read and interpret for yourself?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

And I thought the pumpkins were mostly for Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pies.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I like to read " between the lines " to get the whole picture ! It prepares you for the inevitable !
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:I like to read " between the lines " to get the whole picture ! It prepares you for the inevitable !
LOL...I think your rubber room is ready.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:I like to read " between the lines " to get the whole picture ! It prepares you for the inevitable !
LOL...I think your rubber room is ready.
Speaking of room , be ready up there because they're coming ........... http://www.infowars.com/sweden-to-house ... -shortage/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

What about the banning pork in Federal prisons? Recently the government filed a lawsuit on behalf of two muslims fired for not delivering beer. The award was in the hundreds of thousands. Clearly a pattern here.

The pumpkin information is not part of the pro-muslim agenda of the administration (although I wouldn't put it past them), but still stupid. Our tax dollars at work.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:What about the banning pork in Federal prisons? Recently the government filed a lawsuit on behalf of two muslims fired for not delivering beer. The award was in the hundreds of thousands. Clearly a pattern here.

The pumpkin information is not part of the pro-muslim agenda of the administration (although I wouldn't put it past them), but still stupid. Our tax dollars at work.
The pork story, per the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fed ... l-prisons/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald