Paris

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Paris

Post by Bubba »

Coydog wrote:
steamboat1 wrote: Image
The Tsarnaev family came here on a travel visa and later obtained political asylum when that visa expired. They were not refugees and did not undergo the extensive refugee vetting process. However you make a good point, the brothers were Muslim and came as children. They were later radicalized by both foreign and domestic influences. So we really don’t know where the next terrorist will come from, but we know they will be Muslim.

Clearly, the House bill does not go far enough - we need to seal our borders to all refugees, certainly all Muslim refugees. But that doesn’t address the huge problem of Muslims already here in the homeland. Some have called for a national database of all Muslim citizens who would be issued a simple ID card. In fact, with today’s technology, we should also consider micro-chiping them. Why would anyone object if they don’t have anything to hide?

Once the Muslim population has been properly identified and tracked, they could be evacuated to a number of "safe spaces" located far away from major population centers. This would be a matter of mutual protection and a temporary measure, lasting only until victory is achieved in the war on terror. With the Muslim community secured, we could then engage in a national debate on a more final solution to the Muslim threat.

No doubt this would be complex logistical challenge, but other countries have instituted similar programs in the past and achieved great success with impressive efficiency. And we have American exceptionalism on our side.

Just sayin'.
What would we call those "safe places"? Reservations? Temporary internment camps? Concentration camps? I know....let's put all those on government assistance to work in the camps too. Then we could hang a sign at the entrance that says Arbeit Macht Frei.

And think of the benefit to the railroad and railcar industries with all the new demand for train travel...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

A wicked cold winter will help thin the herd :seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
Coydog wrote:
The Tsarnaev family came here on a travel visa and later obtained political asylum when that visa expired. They were not refugees and did not undergo the extensive refugee vetting process. However you make a good point, the brothers were Muslim and came as children. They were later radicalized by both foreign and domestic influences. So we really don’t know where the next terrorist will come from, but we know they will be Muslim.

Clearly, the House bill does not go far enough - we need to seal our borders to all refugees, certainly all Muslim refugees. But that doesn’t address the huge problem of Muslims already here in the homeland. Some have called for a national database of all Muslim citizens who would be issued a simple ID card. In fact, with today’s technology, we should also consider micro-chiping them. Why would anyone object if they don’t have anything to hide?

Once the Muslim population has been properly identified and tracked, they could be evacuated to a number of "safe spaces" located far away from major population centers. This would be a matter of mutual protection and a temporary measure, lasting only until victory is achieved in the war on terror. With the Muslim community secured, we could then engage in a national debate on a more final solution to the Muslim threat.

No doubt this would be complex logistical challenge, but other countries have instituted similar programs in the past and achieved great success with impressive efficiency. And we have American exceptionalism on our side.

Just sayin'.
What would we call those "safe places"? Reservations? Temporary internment camps? Concentration camps? I know....let's put all those on government assistance to work in the camps too. Then we could hang a sign at the entrance that says Arbeit Macht Frei.

And think of the benefit to the railroad and railcar industries with all the new demand for train travel...
pretty sure coydogs comment was sarcasm...colbert kinda thing...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Bubba wrote: What would we call those "safe places"? Reservations? Temporary internment camps? Concentration camps? I know....let's put all those on government assistance to work in the camps too. Then we could hang a sign at the entrance that says Arbeit Macht Frei.

I think "Freedom Centers" has a particularly nice ring to it. Our separate but equal Muslim citizens would perform many valuable jobs that would contribute to the freedom of all people during the war on terror. But let's not overreact here, their constitutional rights would only be paused temporarily until the directors of the FBI, Homeland Security and national intelligence personally vouch for each of them.

Your thinly veiled comparison to WWII Germany is appalling, sir. The Nazis were nothing but xenophobic, anti-Semitic totalitarian thugs. This is America, land of the free, home of the brave. We will not cower in the face of our ISIS enemy. Shutting down our refugee program is not a reaction born of fear, but rather one of prudence, caution and common sense. Muslim Freedom Centers are derived from the same principles of liberty, justice, freedom and security that make America great - again.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Coydog wrote:

Just sayin'.

I think I knew that....
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Coydog wrote:

Just sayin'.

I think I knew that....
butt butt wait ain't comparisons to the holocaust and or nazis nonstarters? guess there's always exceptions... or are ya saying you've lost the argument? :D
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote: I think "Freedom Centers" has a particularly nice ring to it. Our separate but equal Muslim citizens would perform many valuable jobs that would contribute to the freedom of all people during the war on terror. But let's not overreact here, their constitutional rights would only be paused temporarily until the directors of the FBI, Homeland Security and national intelligence personally vouch for each of them.

Your thinly veiled comparison to WWII Germany is appalling, sir. The Nazis were nothing but xenophobic, anti-Semitic totalitarian thugs. This is America, land of the free, home of the brave. We will not cower in the face of our ISIS enemy. Shutting down our refugee program is not a reaction born of fear, but rather one of prudence, caution and common sense. Muslim Freedom Centers are derived from the same principles of liberty, justice, freedom and security that make America great - again.
Well crafted.

However we have never given sanctuary or citizenship to just anyone. There has always been a screening process, and I'm ok with that. Periods of extremely high demand need some temporary mechanism to cope with that surge. What do you propose?

I'm not taking the time to research it, but I wonder how many refugees we took in from countries we were currently at war with in the past. What the process was. How many admitted vs applied. I don't have a problem with giving a refugee from an openly hostile country more scrutiny than a refugee from a neutral country. Severely more scrutiny. Your enemy doesn't play nice, he's at war with you.

Each war we have been in used new technology, had different opponents, and tactics had to change to adapt. The same is true now that we are defending against a war from a nationless un-uniformed enemy.

"Separate but equal" is a useful debate dagger, but in the face of (or even the potential of) Trojan Horse tactics separation is something I have no problem with.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
Coydog wrote: I think "Freedom Centers" has a particularly nice ring to it. Our separate but equal Muslim citizens would perform many valuable jobs that would contribute to the freedom of all people during the war on terror. But let's not overreact here, their constitutional rights would only be paused temporarily until the directors of the FBI, Homeland Security and national intelligence personally vouch for each of them.

Well crafted.

However we have never given sanctuary or citizenship to just anyone. There has always been a screening process, and I'm ok with that. Periods of extremely high demand need some temporary mechanism to cope with that surge. What do you propose?

I'm not taking the time to research it, but I wonder how many refugees we took in from countries we were currently at war with in the past. What the process was. How many admitted vs applied. I don't have a problem with giving a refugee from an openly hostile country more scrutiny than a refugee from a neutral country. Severely more scrutiny. Your enemy doesn't play nice, he's at war with you.

Each war we have been in used new technology, had different opponents, and tactics had to change to adapt. The same is true now that we are defending against a war from a nationless un-uniformed enemy.

"Separate but equal" is a useful debate dagger, but in the face of (or even the potential of) Trojan Horse tactics separation is something I have no problem with.
there's a number of reasons why taking refugees is not of benefit, what is the benefit really? vs the detriment? its really a simple equation with a definite answer...but how often do we see that , cough cough gruber, when one has already decided their preferred course of action the math isn't a factor of consequence but a conveniently ignored matter of irrelevance ...
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

At least 27 dead in Mali. Some were freed if they could site a passage from the Koran. The white house will want to investigate for a month to see if this was terror or work place violence. Obama's strategy of "mediocre retaliation" is not working and we are playing catch up.

I'd think, with strong leadership :roll: , we could create a coalition to set up a safe haven for refugees in Syria. Europe would want to help because even with no terrorists the shear number of refugees is going to alter the landscape. We should demand our buddies like the Saudis help or boycott their oil; with Iran coming online we could do this. There needs to be some concrete action.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Mister Moose wrote:I'm not taking the time to research it, but I wonder how many refugees we took in from countries we were currently at war with in the past. What the process was. How many admitted vs applied.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidong_Island
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... as-a-nazi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A story is making the rounds on Facebook that claims Republican frontrunner Donald Trump is calling for “ID badges” for American Muslims. The image on the story is of Jewish children wearing yellow starts during the Holocaust. Very frightening–and a lie.

Step 1: Seed. The lie begins with a Yahoo! profile in which Trump is asked, supposedly (the reporter does not provide his exact question), if he would “require registering Muslims in a database or giving them a form of special identification that noted their religion.”

Trump does not say yes or no. Instead, he dodges the question, and comes back to the question of monitoring mosques (which the U.S. has done in the past): “We’re going to have to–we’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” Trump said when presented with the idea. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

The Yahoo! reporter, Hunter Walker (a hater of note), construes Trump’s answer as follows: “He wouldn’t rule it out.”

Step 2: Amplify. The story is picked up by CNN. Sara Murray asks whether Trump would “rule out” a database for Muslims–borrowing from Walker’s article. Trump is surprised, and tells her, truthfully, that he never responded to Walker’s question.

Here is their exchange, as reported by CNN:

When Murray asked whether Trump would rule out a database for Muslims, he said he didn’t “know where you heard that.”

“Yahoo News asked you about it, you didn’t rule it out,” Murray said as Trump worked a ropeline after the event.

“No, I never — I never responded to that question,” Trump said.

“So would you not support it?” Murray asked.

“I never responded to that question, Sara,” Trump said.

He added that he didn’t “know who wrote it,” referring to the Yahoo News article, and declined to answer a follow-up question from Murray about whether he would “support something like that,” referring to a Muslim database.

Step 3: Distort. NBC News’ Vaughn Hillyard confronts Trump: “Should there be a database system that tracks the Muslims here in this country?” Trump replies: “There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases. We should have a lot of systems. And today you can do it. But right now, we have to have a border, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall, and we cannot let what’s happening to this country happen any longer.” Hillyard asks: “But that’s something your White House would like to implement?” Trump: “Oh I would certainly implement that. Absolutely.” Hillyard follows up: What do you think the effect of that would be? How would that work? It would stop people from coming in illegally. We have to stop people from coming into our country illegally.” Hillyard asks if Trump would go to mosques to register people. “Different places,” Trump says.

It is clear from the exchange that Trump thinks Hillyard is talking about new entrants to the United States, presumably Syrian refugees. But Hillyard reports Trump’s answer as if he is talking unambiguously about Muslims already in the United States.

Step 4: Smear. Hillyard comes back later, asking Trump: “Mr. Trump, why would Muslim databases not be the same thing as requiring Jews to register in Nazi Germany?” Trump realizes Hillyard is out for blood. “You tell me,” he says, and walks away.

The story goes viral: “Donald Trump Is In Favor Of Legally Requiring American Muslims to Register on a Database,” writes Zeke Miller of Time, linking to Hillyard’s story at NBC. A proposal Trump never made is now an established mainstream media fact.

[Update: The Washington Post‘s Jose A. DelReal got creative, asking the Trump campaign “whether his proposals would require the creation of a special agency.” (The campaign, according to DelReal, did not respond to his query–did not rule it out, perhaps.)]

Note that none of these esteemed journalists bothers to question their own assumptions, or to ask Trump precisely whether he is talking about American citizens or about foreign nationals. They chase their own questions down a broken telephone line.

Step 5: Nazi. Now the dregs of the Internet begin to play up what Yahoo!-CNN-NBC have produced, with Raw Story reporting: “Trump crosses the Nazi line: Maybe Muslims should wear special ID badges.”

He never said that–but at this stage, who cares.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Debunked by (generally unbiased) liberals too:

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-muslims-id/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WHAT'S TRUE: Donald Trump was asked in an interview about whether Muslims should be subject to special scrutiny, a question he answered ambiguously.

WHAT'S FALSE: Donald Trump asserted that Muslims should wear identifying badges. After the rumor initially circulated, Trump doubled down on his nebulous responses in a New York Times article.

Example: [Collected via e-mail and Twitter, November 2015]

Any truth to the statements attributed to Donald Trump. tag line: "Trump crosses the Nazi line: Maybe Muslims should wear special ID badges" Reported by Raw Story. "(1) The real estate tycoon and reality TV star said he was open to registering U.S. Muslims in a special database, in addition to requiring them to publicly identify themselves by their faith." (2) "Trump also refused to rule out warrantless searches as part of his call for increased surveillance of Muslim houses of worship, and he has also suggested that U.S. mosques could be shut down if they are deemed to be a security threat — although he’s not certain that’s legal."

Trump goes Full Adolf: Muslims should be forced to carry special IDs: https://t.co/aKW95ADQb9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

— G. Willow Wilson (@GWillowWilson) November 19, 2015

Donald Trump Says Muslims Should Be Forced To Wear Special ID Badges https://t.co/768Ccgrmtu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; WHAT A FOOL!! pic.twitter.com/mxaxSqpV6K

— JS2 (@___JS2) November 19, 2015

Origins: On 19 November 2015 web site The Hill published an article titled "Trump won't rule out database, special ID for Muslims in US," which reported on an interview given by Donald Trump after a series of terror attacks in Paris on 13 November 2015:

“Certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy,” he added. “We’re going to have to do things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.”

Trump would not rule out warrantless searches in his plans for increased surveillance of the nation’s Muslims, Yahoo reported Thursday.

He also remained open toward registering U.S. Muslims in a database or giving them special identification identifying their faith, the news outlet added.

“We’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” Trump continued. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

The comments attributed to Trump caused immediate controversy on Twitter, where a number of users compared the described mandating of badges to similar treatment of Jews in Europe before the Holocaust. However, The Hill was a secondary source for the comments, originally published in a 19 November 2015 Yahoo! Politics article titled "Donald Trump has big plans for ‘radical Islamic’ terrorists, 2016 and ‘that communist’ Bernie Sanders."

In the context of that interview, it's important to note that Trump's responses were non-committal. Furthermore, they were clearly in response to leading questions for which the actual phrasing wasn't even provided:

But Trump ... has concerns about the larger Muslim community here in the U.S., he said.

Yahoo News asked Trump whether his push for increased surveillance of American Muslims could include warrantless searches. He suggested he would consider a series of drastic measures.

“We’re going to have to do things that we never did before. And some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling that security is going to rule ... certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy. And so we’re going to have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.”

Yahoo News asked Trump whether this level of tracking might require registering Muslims in a database or giving them a form of special identification that noted their religion. He wouldn’t rule it out.

“We’re going to have to — we’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” Trump said when presented with the idea. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

Precisely how such a question was presented to Trump was not elaborated upon in the printed text of the interview, nor was what his exact response (not "rul[ing] it out") entailed. Moreover, the portions involving quotes were so exceptionally vague ("do things that we never did before," "certain things will be done") and full of obfuscation, it was impossible to discern even vaguely what Trump referenced. (The mandate of badges for Muslims was quite a leap by any measure.)

While it appeared Trump fielded a question about enhanced surveillance for Muslims and mosques, in no reasonable interpretation of the material provided did he himself suggest that followers of Islam should wear Holocaust-like badges as in Nazi Germany. That assertion appeared to be one fronted by the interviewer, and not fairly attributable to Donald Trump. It's true that Trump espoused a position many would deem objectionable or offensive in the little he did say, but the controversy hinged largely on words he didn't appear to have said.

On 20 November 2015, The New York Times published an article titled "Donald Trump Says He’d ‘Absolutely’ Require Muslims to Register." In that article Trump was pressed on his earlier statements, and he deflected the question in a similar vague fashion:

Donald J. Trump, who earlier in the week said he was open to requiring Muslims in the United States to register in a database, said on Thursday night that he “would certainly implement that — absolutely.”

Mr. Trump was asked about the issue by an NBC News reporter and pressed on whether all Muslims in the country would be forced to register. “They have to be,” he said. “They have to be.’’

When asked how a system of registering Muslims would be carried out — whether, for instance, mosques would be where people could register — Mr. Trump said: “Different places. You sign up at different places. But it’s all about management. Our country has no management.’’

Asked later, as he signed autographs, how such a database would be different from Jews having to register in Nazi Germany, Mr. Trump repeatedly said, “You tell me,” until he stopped responding to the question.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

http://www.dailywire.com/news/1269/no-d ... en-shapiro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today, the media declared Donald Trump a Nazi. Why? Well, according to outlets ranging from NBC News to The New York Times, Trump endorsed the idea of registering all Muslims in the United States with the government.

There’s only one problem: he didn’t.

To understand what Trump actually said, it’s necessary to understand that Trump is essentially a Magic 8 ball when it comes to answering media questions without full information. Trump’s 2016 slogan is “Make America Great Again,” but his secondary slogan could be, “Wing It With The Donald.” His go-to answer when he’s asked questions about topics he doesn’t really get is something along the lines of, “We’re going to have to look at that.”

With that in mind, here’s how the “Trump as Muslim-registering Nazi” meme got going.

As Joel Pollak writes at Breitbart News, the idea of a Muslim database originated not with Trump but with a reporter for Yahoo! Trump declined to answer the question, probably because he didn’t understand it or its implications. So he gave his go-to “I don’t get it” answer: “We’re going to have to – we’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely. We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

CNN quickly jumped on the story. Sara Murray asked Trump about a national Muslim database – to which Trump answered that he had no idea “where you heard that…I never responded to that question.” When pressed, Trump insisted, correctly, “I never responded to that question.” He declined to answer the question again – again, because Trump never rules things out when he doesn’t understand the proposal at hand. He stalls.

That didn’t stop the headlines. Next, NBC decided to ask about the Muslim database that originated in the head of a Yahoo! News reporter. “Should there be a database system that tracks the Muslims here in this country?” Trump answered, “There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases. We should have a lot of systems. And today you can do it. But right now, we have to have a border, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall, and we cannot let what’s happening to this country happen any longer.”

It’s clear from this exchange that Trump believes the NBC reporter, Vaughn Hillyard, is asking about new Muslim immigrants, not all Muslims currently in the United States – which is totally plausible, given the wording of the questions. After all, Trump has been discussing Muslim refugees, which is the national conversation, not all Muslims; the reporter then asks about “the Muslims here in this country,” to which Trump says that he’d register new Muslim immigrants coming into the country: “It would stop people from coming in illegally. We have to stop people from coming into our country illegally.”

Registration of new immigrants, by the way, is exactly the proposal made by the Obama administration; visas are a method of registration.

But now Hillyard and Trump are talking past one another. Hillyard asks, “Should there be a database system that tracks Muslims of this country?” The question is now more clearly worded, but Trump doesn’t hear it: his answer is all about illegal immigration again: “There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases. We should have a lot of systems. And today, you can do it. But right now we have to have a border, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall and we cannot let what’s happening to this country…” At which point Hillyard interrupts him, asking “Is that something your White House would like to do?” Trump answers, “I would certainly implement that. Absolutely.”

Later, Hillyard, thinking he’s got Trump on the hook for registering all Muslims in Gestapo-like fashion, not just new Muslim immigrants, says, “Mr. Trump, why would Muslim databases not be the same thing as requiring Jews to register in Nazi Germany?” Trump, puzzled and annoyed, says, “You tell me.”

The media has jumped on all of this to suggest that Trump not only favors a Muslim database, but originated the idea. Sam Stein, the smear artist reporter for The Huffington Post, tweeted about “Trump’s Muslim database idea.” Time reported, “Donald Trump Is In Favor Of Legally Requiring American Muslims to Register on a Database.” MSNBC reported, “Trump crosses new line, endorses database for American Muslims.”

It’s clear from the conversations that Trump doesn’t know he’s being asked by NBC about registering all American Muslims rather than merely Muslim immigrants. That’s not an excuse for his bloviation and lack of clarity. But it does show the hypocrisy, once again, of a leftist media that refuses to treat Democrats by the same standard. For example, when Hillary Clinton was asked at a New Hampshire town hall meeting about Australia’s mass gun confiscation, she gave a Trumpian answer: she said it was “worth looking at.” Unlike Trump, however, she understood the question, as was clear from her full response. There were no headlines in major media about Hillary endorsing wholesale gun confiscation.

That’s the way this game works. The media have learned Trump’s Magic 8 ball routine, so they’ll just begin asking him more and more ridiculous questions, waiting for him to say, “We’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” then label his cryptic answer an endorsement of their ridiculous policy proposals. Trump should be ready for it. So should Americans.

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell