End all immigration now

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: End all immigration now

Post by freeski »

Bringing 100 Syrian refugees to Rutland is crazy. If VT keeps voting these bleeding heart liberals into office then this is what they deserve. Where ever the muslims gain numbers they will change the fabric of society. Muslims never assimilate.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:Bringing 100 Syrian refugees to Rutland is crazy. If VT keeps voting these bleeding heart liberals into office then this is what they deserve. Where ever the muslims gain numbers they will change the fabric of society. Muslims never assimilate.
We may finally be able to get good falafel and kebab in Rutland.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:Bringing 100 Syrian refugees to Rutland is crazy. If VT keeps voting these bleeding heart liberals into office then this is what they deserve. Where ever the muslims gain numbers they will change the fabric of society. Muslims never assimilate.
There's no such thing as good falafel :!: Here's how it will benefit Rutland's economy. Feds pay muslims. Muslims pay prostitutes. Prostitutes pay drug dealers. Drug dealers pay Mexican cartels. I guess it's a win for everyone, but the U.S. taxpayers. :|
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

http://www.concordmonitor.com/Concord-N ... up-1797763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:
There's no such thing as good falafel :!: Here's how it will benefit Rutland's economy. Feds pay muslims. Muslims pay prostitutes. Prostitutes pay drug dealers. Drug dealers pay Mexican cartels. I guess it's a win for everyone, but the U.S. taxpayers. :|
You left out "GUNS" and MURDER. Legal or not, guns are easy in Rutvegas and these new refugees will have a few looking to take advantage or our stupidity.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Dr. NO wrote:
freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:
You left out "GUNS" and MURDER. Legal or not, guns are easy in Rutvegas and these new refugees will have a few looking to take advantage or our stupidity.
Guns are nothing more than a tool. Having a wrench doesn't make you a mechanic. Having a gun doesn't make you a sniper. Nuff said but I'm excited they're coming
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Guns will make honor killings a little easier. So yea, I guess that'll be good for them. It will be like owning a pitbull. Everything will be great until it isn't. I wonder what part of Rutland will become the ghetto. It will take a bit, but if only young families are coming 100 will be 250 in 5 years. I understand they need a place to go, but the Saudis and that neighborhood want nothing to do with them. :?c
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Watch what you say in Rutland. If you think this is an isolated event you're not paying attention. :shock: If you trigger a muslim... http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04/30 ... ttack.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.facebook.com/americanbikers ... 396731997/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

don't let it happen here....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Shortski: Here is some more good news. :like http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04 ... ugees.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

You're concerned about 100 Syrians? 100?

Fun fact, since 1989 over 6500 refugees have been resettled in Vermont with the vast majority being Muslims from Bosnia and Somalia. Did you also know that 95% find work within six months of being there?

I can tell you that back in 2004 when I was a manager at the now Hilton Hotel in Burlington, basically the entire housekeeping staff were Somalian. I had a few banquet personnel who were Bosnian. They were super friendly and worked their ass off; much better workers than the locals. The only issue of them not assimilating was they would wash their feet in the sinks of the locker rooms which grossed some people out. That wasn't nearly as bad of an issue as when I worked down in the Bible belt and I couldn't find anybody to work on Sundays because my name isn't Jesus. At least the refugees would work whenever you asked and for however long you asked.

The primary problem with the refugee resettlement program in VT? Hostility towards the refugees by white people.

So, yeah, there's 27 years of history to look at regarding refugees in VT. Basically everything you say and are afraid of? Hasn't happened. Chittenden County's economy has more than held its own.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
You're concerned about 100 Syrians? 100?

Fun fact, since 1989 over 6500 refugees have been resettled in Vermont with the vast majority being Muslims from Bosnia and Somalia. Did you also know that 95% find work within six months of being there?

I can tell you that back in 2004 when I was a manager at the now Hilton Hotel in Burlington, basically the entire housekeeping staff were Somalian. I had a few banquet personnel who were Bosnian. They were super friendly and worked their ass off; much better workers than the locals. The only issue of them not assimilating was they would wash their feet in the sinks of the locker rooms which grossed some people out. That wasn't nearly as bad of an issue as when I worked down in the Bible belt and I couldn't find anybody to work on Sundays because my name isn't Jesus. At least the refugees would work whenever you asked and for however long you asked.so you are saying they are easy to exploit?

The primary problem with the refugee resettlement program in VT? Hostility towards the refugees by white people.

So, yeah, there's 27 years of history to look at regarding refugees in VT. Basically everything you say and are afraid of? Hasn't happened. Chittenden County's economy has more than held its own.
must be dumbf@ck day when braindeadskier and catpuke come crawling out of the woodwork...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Wasn't saying they were easy to exploit at all. I was saying that they appreciated the opportunity to work and showed it 365 days a year and never complained that sometimes 6 day work weeks at 70+ hours is the norm in the hotel world. If they worked 70, I worked 80. I have never felt it appropriate to ask staff to work longer and harder than I am willing to work myself.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Wasn't saying they were easy to exploit at all. I was saying that they appreciated the opportunity to work and showed it 365 days a year and never complained that sometimes 6 day work weeks at 70+ hours is the norm in the hotel world. If they worked 70, I worked 80. I have never felt it appropriate to ask staff to work longer and harder than I am willing to work myself.
ummm yes you were, hard to imagine your left wing workers rights ideology approving 6 days/70 hrs a week 365 days a year working conditions but hey hypocrisy and contradiction are the hallmarks of the liberal persona....
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:Wasn't saying they were easy to exploit at all. I was saying that they appreciated the opportunity to work and showed it 365 days a year and never complained that sometimes 6 day work weeks at 70+ hours is the norm in the hotel world. If they worked 70, I worked 80. I have never felt it appropriate to ask staff to work longer and harder than I am willing to work myself.
ummm yes you were, hard to imagine your left wing workers rights ideology approving 6 days/70 hrs a week 365 days a year working conditions but hey hypocrisy and contradiction are the hallmarks of the liberal persona....
You clearly lack the understanding of what the word exploitation means.

That's the way it goes in the hospitality business. It's not exploitation if it is legal and it's a known condition of employment. Ask any restaurant manager or chef how many hours they work a week. Theyll laugh at the concept of 40 hours.

At that Hilton property there are some months out of the year when working 70 hours a week is common and others where you are lucky to get 15 if not be laid off all together. That's the way the business cycles. The hospitality business isn't for everyone, but it's known that you make hay when the sun shines. Being available, nights, weekends and every holiday is part of the job. I worked 17 Thanksgivings in a row at one point in my life. It was not exploitation because it was a known condition of employment that I agreed to if I wanted that job.

Don't want to work 70+ hours a week sometimes? Don't work in the hospitality business. No one is forcing you to.