Trump and His Debts: A Narrow Escape

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Trump and His Debts: A Narrow Escape

Post by Mister Moose »

spanky wrote: And unfortunately, we are moving more towards an idiocracy where we do need the government to make the simple decisions for it's constituents.
Said by the freedom loving rope ducker.

There is no moving. There has always been poor decision makers, and at all levels of intelligence. Poor decision making is not the strict domain of the common man.

I far prefer the freedom of living amongst idiocy, including my own, than living under the yoke of a committee's idea of how I should live my "simply" decided life.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

madhatter wrote:funny it seems everyone self identifies as a " fiscal conservative, social liberal" but when the two come at odds w each other which way do you go?
Exactly.

Many people I have talked to use this phrase, but weigh social issues far stronger than fiscal. That is likely why the debt is as high as it is today.

I weigh fiscal issues higher in priority. We can always pass progressive social laws next year. We cannot push off a monetary crisis to next year, we have to suffer through it and its consequences as the crisis often chooses for us both when it occurs, and how deep the penalty.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

spanky wrote:Yes, you can say it is a little bit of nanny state, but he only has the general population in his best interests. And unfortunately, we are moving more towards an idiocracy where we do need the government to make the simple decisions for it's constituents.
:like :like :like
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
spanky wrote: And unfortunately, we are moving more towards an idiocracy where we do need the government to make the simple decisions for it's constituents.
Said by the freedom loving rope ducker.

There is no moving. There has always been poor decision makers, and at all levels of intelligence. Poor decision making is not the strict domain of the common man.

I far prefer the freedom of living amongst idiocy, including my own, than living under the yoke of a committee's idea of how I should live my "simply" decided life.
:like :like
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
madhatter wrote:funny it seems everyone self identifies as a " fiscal conservative, social liberal" but when the two come at odds w each other which way do you go?
Exactly.

Many people I have talked to use this phrase, but weigh social issues far stronger than fiscal. cuz legislation telling people how to feel is so effective...That is likely why the debt is as high as it is today.

I weigh fiscal issues higher in priority. We can always pass progressive social laws next year. We cannot push off a monetary crisis to next year, we have to suffer through it and its consequences as the crisis often chooses for us both when it occurs, and how deep the penalty.
priorities, the same priorities I have in the rest of my life...kumbaya barely registers as a priority, it manifests itself from the conglomeration of the rest...

maslow out...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....